AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: takes some flippin guts though wouldn't u say? *LINK*

WHAT WOULD YOU DO DIFFERENTLY TO WHAT THE 'PIRATES' ARE DOING???
+++++++++++++

Work to have a functional government - Somalians have been killing each other for 20 + years because of different 'clan' identity. We can share our ideals on what is best for Somalis all day long - but until Somalis make the decision to live peacefully amongst one another then you will continue to have a failed state. Other nations, the US, Israel, Urope etc - can only take 'advantage' when nations are weak. Africa as a continent / Somalia as a country continues to be exploited because we as a people still haven't learned to operate in a manner that recognizes collective security. What is kind of ironic about this site is that in many ways it exemplifies the challenges we have as a people.

I think that each and every one of us would agree that - our individual goal(s) include having a continent of africa where people can realize their aspirations and live in peace and free of disease.
We also would all agree that our goals involve Africans in the Diaspora having opportunities where individuals can live lives free of persecution and can also live a life that allows us to be 'free' in every aspect of the word...

But even recognizing what we all can agree on - most of our 'prolonged' discussions are testaments of attempts of one upmanship.

How could you believe that?
Oh you are not wise because of this or that ...?
You people are a cult?
Why do those people celebrate this or that?

If these were't serious times - it would almost be comical. Imagine if our ancestors had the technology that we have? What would they have done with it? What have we done with it?

How many of us have take the time to learn a language indegenous to Africa? Can we truly overstand the challenges of people in places like Somalia, if we (Africans) cant even communicate with them. Where I live at we have the 2nd largest community of Somalians in the US - and the only 'communities' that have taken the effort to learn Somali is whites - why is that?

Where is the outrage at the high #'s of TB in Somalia? Thats killing as many or more people than any Uropean fishing vessel? Where is the comraderie with Somalis to help build up some health centers or educational institutions in Somalia? Why do we think that many Somalis identify with Arabs more than Black Africans? I think that question is real easy - the Arabs are over there trying to do something (even though they are doing so in their own best interest).

How many of our African brothers and sisters have tried to open up trade realtions with businesses in Somalia? I dont eat beef, but I hear that Somali's grow up some good cows - how many of us have agitated to lift trade barriers on Somali livestock? Ok - if we are upset about the fishing inequities in Somalia, how many of us have attempted to identify Somali fishing industries and support them?

We big up the Somali Pirates, extend to them overtures of power - etc - why dont we send the same energy to Somali doctors, teachers, farmers, humanitarians, field workers, community activist etc?

What I think takes some flippin guts is recognizing some of our own failures and trying to correct them. White supremacy is what it is - I am an advocate of Black Supremacy, I am of the opinion that Africans irrespective of where we are in the world are the most resourceful and productive people on the face of the earth. However, what I think we lack is a collective vision that guides us to truly be our Brothers and Sisters Keeper.

One of my Somali idren peeped me to some good sites written by and for Somalians:

http://www.somalilandtimes.net

http://www.hiiraan.com/

Take Care

Messages In This Thread

Power to Ras Somali Pirates
Re: Power to Ras Somali Pirates
Re: Power to Ras Somali Pirates
dead Afrikans by the hand of the black president *LINK*
Head of Africom *NM* *LINK*
Re: Power to Ras Somali Pirates *LINK*
Re: Power to Ras Somali Pirates *NM* *LINK*
Yes Empress InI are in agreement *NM*
You Are Being Lied to About Pirates *LINK*
The Nightmare in Somalia *LINK*
Thnks for the links empress *NM*
Somali pirates just pawns in a global business? *LINK*
Re: Power to Ras Somali Pirates *LINK*
REAL TALK!!
Re: REAL TALK!!
Re: O DISCIPLE
Re: O DISCIPLE
takes some flippin guts though wouldn't u say?
Re: takes some flippin guts though wouldn't u say?
word/power as usual *NM*
Math?
Re: Math?
Re: Math?
The Puppet theory
Re: takes some flippin guts though wouldn't u say? *LINK*
word/power?????????
Go get em, Pirate Free Dumb Fighters *LINK*
Re: Go get em, Pirate Free Dumb Fighters
Re: Go get em, Pirate Free Dumb Fighters
True.I sight it too.Bless.... *NM*
Don't dis the dead disciple
where?
"free dumb fighters"

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com