AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: takes some flippin guts though wouldn't u say?

Greetings Rasi
I sight your post. But what about what is going on now?

How is what you propose gonna help the situation now?
+++++++++++++++++++++++
How is empowering doctors and educators in Somalia /Africa not going to make an immediate impact. I think that such an idea is obvious. What I 'propose' is nothing new idren.
++++++++++
If people are continued to be allowed to dump toxic waste in the water an take all the fish without some kind of intervention, where does that leave the future of the people?
++++++++++++
That is but one issue - there are legitimate fishermen in Somalia - if you are a Somalian fisherman, how can you attract foreign companies to bring vessels to you port to BUY your goods, if these foreign vessels are afraid of being hijacked? In response to the idea of toxic dumping/depleting ocean resources. Does not this reality beg to ask ----

Where is the government?! If you dont have a functional government that has the best interest of it's people as it main priority - then you are going to have such issues. If you have a government that establishes policies on international fishing vessels, and have the government institutions to enforce such policies then you can address these issues appropriately.
Illegal dumping is a worldwide phenomenon, and its more prevalent in Somalia because there is no functional government to stop the practice.
++++++++++
Its hard to pick yourself up by your bootstraps if you are being expoited at every turn.
+++++++++
True - but we also have to acknowledge when we have become partners with the exploiters by our own refusal to be peaceful amongst each other.
++++++++++
Dont you think the foreign invaders/occupiers need to be removed first before your ideas can be implemented and come into fruition?
+++++++++++
Who is occupying Somalia?
+++++++++++++++++
If so, how do you propose that happen peacefully?
By sending doctors, farmers, community activists from the west?
+++++++++++++++
Brother, the reality is Somalis aint killing no one but Somalis - thats a fact. Many of 'best' educated and brightest Somalis have left. In Ohio, you would be amazed at how many African 'Americans' dont like Somalians - b/c many people perceive them as gettin something for free in the States. But the truth is they have mastered the same ingenuity that the Arabs have - establish thriving businesses in the 'hood' minus the alcohol. Somalians are sooo successful in Columbus - there is whole heaps of Black folks who seriously hate on them, because they cant understand how they made such a come up as a community in less than 15 years! Spots that used to be drug infested hole in the walls, Somalis have turned into Condo's - sell them to other Somalis - and provide home loans to their people interest free - but my point is this when Somalis come here they do what they in many instances refused to do back home -

THEY GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER - BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL THEY GOT!

They do business with each other regardless of clan - b/c its good business sense.

They translate for each other because they share a common language in a strange land. They have mastered the art of cooperation because they can see, what the 'rewards' of cooperation are here in the States. Now this not to suggest that America is by any means not complicit with the problems in Somalia and many other places - but what my Somali idren see here, is something that they prolly dont see at home and thats hope. Now that might sound sappy, but its the truth idren. I know folks here dont like ones personalizing there reasonings - but I used to work at a spot that 'resettled refugees - and most of them at the time 98-99 were Somali. What amazes me, especially now that I work at a local college is seeing some of the teenagers that came here in 99 who are now headed to medical school and becoming dr's and nurses. All folks need is opportunity - and the reality is Whites are gonna be Whites - Uropeans gone be Uropeans - question is when are Africans gonna be Africans and recognize that until we build the infrastructures that support the aspirations of our people, we gone be singing the same old song about these whites.

It isnt about 'sending' anyone from the west - it is about building back home so our people will stay and have the capacity to solve our own problems.

Messages In This Thread

Power to Ras Somali Pirates
Re: Power to Ras Somali Pirates
Re: Power to Ras Somali Pirates
dead Afrikans by the hand of the black president *LINK*
Head of Africom *NM* *LINK*
Re: Power to Ras Somali Pirates *LINK*
Re: Power to Ras Somali Pirates *NM* *LINK*
Yes Empress InI are in agreement *NM*
You Are Being Lied to About Pirates *LINK*
The Nightmare in Somalia *LINK*
Thnks for the links empress *NM*
Somali pirates just pawns in a global business? *LINK*
Re: Power to Ras Somali Pirates *LINK*
REAL TALK!!
Re: REAL TALK!!
Re: O DISCIPLE
Re: O DISCIPLE
takes some flippin guts though wouldn't u say?
word/power as usual *NM*
Math?
Re: Math?
Re: Math?
The Puppet theory
Re: takes some flippin guts though wouldn't u say? *LINK*
word/power?????????
Go get em, Pirate Free Dumb Fighters *LINK*
Re: Go get em, Pirate Free Dumb Fighters
Re: Go get em, Pirate Free Dumb Fighters
True.I sight it too.Bless.... *NM*
Don't dis the dead disciple
where?
"free dumb fighters"

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com