AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Retirement
In Response To: Retirement *LINK* ()

Greetings General
Give thanks for the reasonings.

Stay wise in these giddeon times!

I will leave you some words to live by. It is a favorite of mines that tend to keep me grounded and in perspective.

Bless up

=======

"A lover of wisdom came to one who secluded himself in meditation and asked to be accepted as one of them. The master of meditation replied, "My son, may you be blessed from heaven, for your intention is good.

But let me know: Have you attained equanimity or not?"

He responded, "Master, clarify your words."

He explained, "My son, if one person honors you and another humiliates you, are the two equal in your eyes or not?"

He answered, "By the life of your soul, my master! I do feel pleasure and satisfaction from one who honors me and pain from the one who humiliates me - but I am not vengeful nor do I bear a grudge."

The master said, "My son, go away in peace. For as long as you have not attained equanimity and still feel humiliation
from something done to you, you are not ready for your thought to be linked on high. You are not ready to come and seclude yourself in meditation. But go and humble your heart further, genuinely, until you attain equanimity. Then you can experience aloneness"

-Rabbi Avner

Messages In This Thread

Retirement *LINK*
Be Blessed me Brudda.
peace and hotep.....thecode.net *NM*
IT IS FINISHED *NM*
you leave and the swine flu appears...hmmm
Re: Retirement *LINK*
Tune for de I *LINK*
Re: Tune for de I
Beautiful, for our youth! *NM*
"rebel souljah" have you retired as well? *NM*
confused why a 'general' did not thank a 'soldier' *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com