AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

"Enough is Enough" march 4 justice & black unity *LINK*

Josie Fraser the mother of Demetre Fraser (RIP) a victim of west midlands po-lice is asking everyone who can to please attend the event linked below. Sat. Nov.12th, assemble 1 PM at Windrush Oval, Brixton, London. All welcome regardless of race or whether or not you are affiliated/agree with the Uhuru movement (who called the march).
PS I have heard that there WAS footage of some of the worse incidents of callous and vicious police actions at Saturday's march... but the poster has removed his youtube account and taken it down. why??? you have to wonder.
PPS for the record - I do not know or have any experience of Lee Jasper who was head steward of Saturday's march and who wrote the article linked above - but have heard from several people, including family members of those who died in custody, that they are not happy with how he handled it and that some family members were not consulted about his stewardship of the march and didn't agree with it. I won't repeat allegations I have heard about some aspects of his conduct to the families even before the march as I heard them second and third hand, so won't pass those on... but the fact that he used to work for former mayor Ken Livingstone and features a pic on his blog of him shaking hands with Jesse Jackson who I do not rate at all, doesn't inspire any confidence in him, but like I said, I don't know the man personally. Just saying that to make clear that I am not endorsing him as a leader or whatever, but just linked his article as it was a fairly good description of what went on that day. Check the link... will post it separately as well in case folks miss it. Would be great if any of you in the area could attend.

Messages In This Thread

March against deaths in custody attacked by police *LINK*
I Am Not Afraid - First Born *LINK*
Re: March against deaths in custody attacked by po
Re: March against deaths in custody attacked by po
Some footage *LINK*
and some photos: *LINK*
"Enough is Enough" march 4 justice & black unity *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com