AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: (of Ma'at) *LINK*
In Response To: Re: (of Ma'at) ()

Greetings Ma’at,
>>These questions were not really meant to suggest that you dictate what people should do, rather I was hoping to get a better sense, through reasoning, of what you see as the preferable alternatives to the things that you do express people should *not* do. It’s so much easier for InI to point to all that’s wrong with the world, and of course with one another. I haven’t given up though. I want to be thinking about what we can do about it.

>>Truth is a tricky notion… how would you describe it and the experience of using it as your guide? There are different kinds and levels of truths though right? People have conflicting views of truth, sometimes I think that maybe different people even have different truths in the sense that subjective perception so governs our judgements of what the truth is. I agree with you about denial, I’m just struck by the confidence with which you name ‘truth’ in such definite terms. Do you think truth often leads to outrage? What do you think is the most productive outlet for that outrage? I agree that acknowledgement is important, but I guess I don’t know how far the act of acknowledgement can extend in relation to social action and change.

>>I was not questioning or seeking to validate my motherhood with my references to my experiences of parenting and community work. However I have put much thought into the notion of community as extended family, and sight that without such a communal orientation we are all in trouble. So while I appreciate your always consistent praises of motherhood, I tend to feel they apply to parenthood and extend into the community and diaspora (thus your perception of my e-mothering, lol!). Really, I was drawing on my own situation to try and understand what I thought was your suggestion that rasi is wrong/ selfish for focusing on his children instead of on AFRICOM or the violence in Mogadishu.

>>I would appreciate it if you would respect the level of information about myself that I choose to share. I haven’t been here in quite some time; I was particularly unguarded for the first few years I was on the board, but have not mentioned for example, my particular geographic location since I’ve been back for a reason. Thanks for understanding bredren. That said, a family member lives in a warm climate and regularly emails me to say how hot and sunny it is. I groan. I wouldn’t want to live there anyway but I sure hate the cold, lol, and while I might find it a bit ‘in my face’ I wouldn’t get into geopolitical tit for tat arguments over it.

>>I am very familiar with academia and the ways in which some choose to perform for the gate keepers of the ivory towers. Unfortunate indeed.
And it's certainly bad news that this is the same scenario at historically Black colleges in the States.

***Physical repatriation is counterproductive without spiritual and mental deprogramming a la the Fresh Prince in Bel-Air.***

I don't understand how you're referencing the Fresh Prince here, but agree with what I think you're saying.

>>Got it. Ma’at sey no feeling good.

(*wink*)

Messages In This Thread

(of Ma'at)
Re: (of Ma'at)
Re: Simon I (of Ma'at)
Re: (of Ma'at) *LINK*
Rasalind

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com