AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Life Has Its Entrance And Its Exits

Greetings Ras Marcus,
Firstly may I say that I am deeply touched and honoured that you should address me in this way and even ask for my opinion. Particularly in the light of your and the Rastafari Movement's influence on my spiritual life.

Knowing something of the struggles of the early days by my contact with the Idrin in my travels and by being a part of the gathering at one time. Obviously I am now isolated geographically but still hope to make it one day to Jamaica to find another gathering that suits.

To me, it seems with the development worldwide of the Movement and it now having 10(?) different fractions as in the Twelve tribes, for instance, it has become in its own separate communties decentralised. This can be seen as development or growth if you want as i see the Movement has always been so from its outset.
This being the case and the Movement has moved far from its origin in the struggle for Liberation in Jamaica, those now growing in the Movement aren't so aware of the original. As you were there and were an integral part of it and knowing how difficult it was for all the sufferers, it must be very difficult for you to see the passing of the "old order" and your many good friends and loved ones and family, the Bredren and the Sistren.
For this I feel your deep abiding sorrow and loneliness and as such I reach out to you in deepest sympathy.

It is true that many of the people in the Movement do have their ears closed to the past stuggles and triumphs to which their personal freedoms in Rastafari bear witness now at this moment in time. Apart from the growth and separation I can put the slant on it, it may br due in some instances to the callowness of youth, thereby inexperience.

Then as you, yourself as a sufferer still must continue on trying more so than ever to enlighten them. As you have done in the past so you must do even more so now if and where and when it is possible. As the number of Idren is at one point becoming painfully lesser, the number of initiates is growing.
Perhaps your work now is at another stage to make the Movement aware, remember and acknowledge its roots.
Memorials amd thanks and honour should be given without question.
iT IS SO EASY TO FORGET, SO NEW RITUALS IN HONOUR SHOULD BE SET UP AND IN PARTICULAR TAUGHT TO THE CHIDREN.
There are some here Idren on this forum who would agree (?)Is it complacency, disinterest or ignorance, whatever,I am not certain as I am more separated than most.

It must be very difficult for you as the likeminedness and companionship you need now more than ever is no longer there.
I watched your video before it was posted on this forum, you were teaching the children. InI can only start with the/our children and hope they continue on, they are our hope.

Bleessed love Judah

Messages In This Thread

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com