AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Change...What Change???
In Response To: Re: Change...What Change??? ()

Give Thanks.

I do fully agree with so much of the comments and enlightening persepctives Ones are bringing forth - selassieLive, Oshun Auset etc.. GIve Thanks for the reasonings and the intelligent vibes.

I am just looking at it kind of not too deep and trying to be realistic and maybe take some good from it.

The thoughts and iwshes of the deeply conscious brethren and sistren on here would love to realise the dream of an enlightened consciousness in all the community so that ones can't be fooled by a face or pretty words like a smokescreen to what is really going on.

I am not saying we should just be happy that people are celebrating this man. But trying to be realistic about it that the simple reality of having African people feel lifted psychologically and to feel hopeful and positive in itself can bring positive effects

I can only say from the bits I have read about the Man Obama he doesn't seem too bad a man?
He's not any kind of radical thinker or deeply Afrocentrically conscious man, but seems to want to help poorer people and be genuine in those motives ? Time will tell.

I don't know fully about his relationship with his Father ? Perhaps he doesn't speak much of him because he did not have much of a relationship with him ? Perhaps his father was not a nice man ? We don't know? He did have his Step Mother there at the inaugaration (not that the TV really mentioned it - it has been in the press a little here as she lives in london and they were reporting from his Fathers village in Kenya throughout the day.)
He did certainly have a very white upbringing but also an International one, from what I understand. But he was not really raised around African people in his childhood etc.

Perhaps though he may have a more open ear for African groups and some inroads can be made to rally for issues of Reparations, African education in the school system, etc..

Also what do ones think of this thought that came to my mind. That Obama's appointment is a bit more Historic/impressive/meaningful and different compared to the elected white power supporting African leaders of the Caribbean and Africa, because they are Black faces elected in majority African populated countries.
Obama has been elected in a Majority White country ?

What do ones think?
Does it make it any a different scenario or any more Historic an achievement ?

Love and Humblest Raspect everytime

Messages In This Thread

Change...What Change??? *LINK*
Re: Change...What Change??? *LINK*
For Oshun Auset
Sorry for the late response...
Clarification...
Re: Clarification...
give thankhs *NM*
Re: Sorry for the late response...
KEEP THAT TRUTHSPEAK FLOWING *NM*
absolutely *NM*
let me add...
* footnote
Re: * footnote
if no response from Leslie, I'll bite...
Re: if no response from Leslie, I'll bite... *LINK*
Re: if no response from Leslie, I'll bite...
Re: Statistics vs. Speculation *LINK*
Re: Statistics vs. Speculation *LINK*
Re: Statistics vs. Speculation
Khadafi heads African Union *LINK*
Re: Khadafi heads African Union
True dat...
what up G
Re: what up G
Will Obama have to be better because he's black *NM* *LINK*
Re: Will Obama have to be better because he's blac
Slick Willy was no dummy *NM*
devil in a blue dress......? *NM* *LINK*
what change??? PLENTY OF CHANGE!!!
Re: Change...What Change??? *NM* *LINK*
ONE QUESTION, RASI.
Re: ONE QUESTION, RASI.
Re: ONE QUESTION, RASI.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com