Obeah: Afro-Caribbean Spiritual System

<< < (2/4) > >>

iyah360:

Witchcraft or what is considered witchcraft is a very interesting subject. I read the satanic bible and was impressed. People get caught up in the stereotypical view of satanism and never see it as a practical philosophy. I would go so far as to say some of the satanic ideals remind me of pragmatism. And just like any religion or group it has its good sects and its bad sects.

Many philosophies look good on paper.

OlOrisa_Olokun:
black people arent proposing satanism on the africa speaks board are they?

Bantu_Kelani:

Witchcraft or what is considered witchcraft is a very interesting subject. I read the satanic bible and was impressed. People get caught up in the stereotypical view of satanism and never see it as a practical philosophy. I would go so far as to say some of the satanic ideals remind me of pragmatism. And just like any religion or group it has its good sects and its bad sects.

It seems you too know nothing about true traditional African religion being brainwashed in this Western system of things.. With a little in-depth research into the historical background and nature of Witchcraft you will come across this art working with the spirits of evil through various ceremonial tools of Black magic.. Too many people like you have been, brainwashed, bamboozled and hoodwinked into believing that our Black African culture is nothing than the popular art of Sorcery you know little about or its practices.. You should at least know that in its pure form Obeah respect Mother Nature, the phases of the moon, the dancing, sharing and general spiritualism and mystical insights!
I warn you, those who forsake the straight path of Higher Vibrations to wander with the lesser spirits of Evil invariably fall victims of their imprudence. Witchcraft is destructive. Everyone knows in African indigenous cultures that Witchcraft is a form of Satanic art like necromancy, sorcery and vampirism, and is less complex than the pure knowledge of ancient African religion because Witchcraft is worldlier in its fundamental. Witchcraft is based on human selfishness and yes it is selfishness that is the fundamental cause of all worldly evil.

As every theological belief and magic art, spiff off occurs. Some loose sight of the originating concept and take it upon themselves to undermine and corrupt the morals and transcendentalism arts of indigenous cultures. So, I think you and Murungu should take time, and caution before blindly following this Satanic religion as well as its arts and practices.

B.K

preach:
Bantu Kelani you must have misinterpreted my words. I do not believe that our culture is merely about the art of sorcery, and I do not follow the satanic religion. What a poor assumption. You beloved must be brainwashed in order to use the term " Black Magic " in the first paragraph of your response. Is it not true that in order to form an opinion about something, whether to praise or condemn it, you must first learn as much as you can about the subject? This is the art of war. I ask you have you, and are you afraid to read the satanic bible, which in all actuality is nothing more than a book?  In all philosophies the goal is the highest good, and within that philosophy's boundaries what is considered selfish by others may not be selfish to them. I refuse to play a game of who knows more about traditional afrikan religions because that proclamation is based on who has read the most books, and not on overstanding the application of religion and its beneficial or counterproductive properties. Seen. Contrary to popular belief satanism is not about vampirism, necromancy or sorcery, as I stated earlier you have different sects in every religion and all practitioners do not practice the same things.

one love

gman:
Sometimes words and their meanings get confusing. I think what Murungu meant by 'witchcraft' was not satanism, but rather wicca. And the reason why you gone hear many people in the carrybeyond say bad things about obeah, is that we associate it with what you calling 'witchcraft', i.e., selfish destructive practices usually resulting from jealousy, greed, etc.... because of the dog-eat-dog nature of the society that slavery created, many people consult obeahmen/women for negative purposes like that, or for things like, to try and get a visa to go to the U.S. And nuff of the obeahmen/women is pure frauds anyway, I'm sure there are those with a real overstanding of the powers and who use these powers for good, but nuff of them is money-hungry confidence tricksters, that's a fact.
As for satanism, I glanced at that same satanic bible in a bookstore once, and apart from bald white people getting dressed in ridiculous costumes and drooling over naked women lying on altars, the main impression I got was it is a 'religion' which worships the ego and individual greed/lust for power, it seems in fact like a more honest version of what many so-called christians promote, basically it's saying might is right, selfishness and extreme individualism are virtues not vices... it seems like it is the honest 'religion' that goes along with fascism and capitalism. Well quite apart from the connotations of the name 'satan', I would have nothing to do with such an ideology.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page