Blurred Racial Lines of Prominent Families

<< < (2/2)

iyah360:
It also depends on the literal idea of royalty or the more metaphorical idea of kingly and queenly character.

Oshun_Auset:
That is true...Queen Elizabeth is no "Queen" to me as far as behavior goes...She is the enemy of the people...but I guess there must have been 'some' benevolent royalty in history...at least as benevolant as a "master" can be...But then again there are no benevolent masters...So...I can't really see King and Queenly characterintics as a possitive(even in the way you mean it...metaphorically), since their entire royal possition is derived from some form of exploitation or oppression or subjugation...I guess I don't think it is a good metaphor either...but I overstand what you mean.

iyah360:
And I see exactly what you are saying.

I look at kingly and queenly as metaphorically representing characteristics of balance, high ethics, heart ruling with the mind, strong and stable.

Strong leaders and elders with high ethics and standards are crucial to the cohesion, survival and well-being of a people.

I am sure we could get into a discussion of the benefits and troubles of a hierarchical order. There is definitely lots of room for exploitation, as the saying goes -- power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. We all have power relationships in our lives though, even on a small scale, and we are presented with choices of how to effectively utilize our positions of power in many decisions we make daily. In this way, we are all kings and queens in various situations in our lives and the benefit of righteous action and the metaphorical kingly and queenly characteristics which I spoke guide I and I to right accord with the scheme of things.

IMHO.

Oshun_Auset:
That is a good point about us being kings and queens in certain situations in our daily lives...and our character either chooses to abuse our powers or not...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page