The Question Of Supremacy.

(1/3) > >>

siger:
I've been going through some of the older posts (esp. in the Bag), and i've been struck by the relevance given to the concept of racial supremacy, as reason for the on-going discrimination.

In support of this reasoning, we have been offered the notion of priviledge and bias, afforded to one race at the expense of others. Hence the concept of "White Supremacy". Born of the current winds, that notion has impeded the progress of other people's; causing frustration and discontent.

This is all true.
But is this Supremacy?

My lay-man's definition of supremacy would be a real mental, physical, or other advantage one party holds over the other. Key emphasis on the word REAL.
A man bearing a spear would have an advantage over me in an encounter, if i had none. That is a superior disposition. However, if i had a basket, and knew how to disable his striking power with it, that advantage would cease to exist. <Adulterated from a tribal saying of ours: The man without a shield, will pick up a basket.>

The idea, therefore, that there is such a thing as White Supremacy, has failed to rest with me. Supremacy over what? Does his tone better mine? Does he have a higher understanding of life than my brother does?
No. It is because his wealthy brother will be more inclined to share his wife with him, than with me.
(And i'm not complaining)

In my short stay in the States, i have come to believe that people, regardless of race, are more inclined to smile with a black man on the street, than with a white dude. I believe that the black man cherishes more the idea of family, of companionship and equality. All these, can be termed as superior traits, in their own way.

So, what is this with White Supremacy?
Elder Ayinde rightly labels it False White Supremacy.
Elder Ras_Nevoe emboldens it, and describes it as a lie.

I say it is an illusion. There is no race superior to mine, for the simple fact that it is mine.

My thoughts,
Siger.

Ps. Midway through this article i was struck by a thought, 'Siger, you reason like a potato.......hehehehe!"

Ras_Nevoe:
I see what you're getting at, and i'm glad you did give it some thought, atleast. I don't agree with you, but atleast we get to reason with each other about it.

I will post my comment later, right now i'm out of time.

African_Disciple:
Greetings. I think I would agree with the idea, that white supremacy is rather an illusion, maintained by the system to keep others in mental bondage. Many don't even realize the existance of this bondage. Domination in the media and history books, "mainstream education" and the like makes other people (and even themselves) think that white people are more clever/civilized/whatever than everyone else, and it is just taken as a due, because it is planted from the school days. And that makes people think like europe is a craddle of civilization and thing and everything european is good and everybody else goes on the second plan. It was very hard for me to break this chains..

c0cc0:
All of that stuff was created to make someone else feel bad about themselves, and therefore easier to conquer.
 You don't have to believe that stuff, it only works when you believe that you are meant to live as if you are inferior and get mad because you think you can't do anything about it.
 More evidence is coming up about Africa, stuff about how while the civilizations of eastern Africa (Nubia, Egypt) were already up and running long before Greece was established  and how Greece 'took off' after learning of Egypt's mathematics and sciences. It's pretty much established now that we are all out of Africa, and still, it isn't doing anything to affect how black people live by European beauty standards, and doesn't make one black person stop shooting another for a petty reason and all that crap. If it is, let me know and make my week.
Those European 'scholars' thought that the ancient Egyptians were not black like the modern African, but rather dark Caucasians. Everyone becomes stupid by the idea of a racial supremacy. Black scholars tend to go to the extreme and claim everything from Western culture and say that some Greek prodigy was black too, and ruin what little credibility there may have been for themselves or other black scholars in an desperate attempt to cease white supremacy.
I guess the concept of objective thought is at a loss. ???

Horus:
The Caucasian wants you to think that he is the original man so that he can be superior to you. Through his educational system and the media. The Caucasian is able to perpetuate that superior image of himself by disguising it as history. Yet, we know that his-story is just that, his-lie (as in “told a story”).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page