Breaking The Psychological Chains of slavery

(1/5) > >>

Bantu_Kelani:
I've been reading Na'im Akbar's Breaking The Psychological Chains of slavery. In this book, not only does Akbar assert that blue-eyed blonde representations of GOD, J.E.S.U.S and other Religious figures are erroneous,
But that they are harmful to the psychological development of Black, and other nonwhite people.
He goes on to state that if the Superior Being is represented as Caucasian, then that leads Blacks to aspire to be like the superior being. Blacks can never attain this (not even Michael Jackson) and thus sets up a perpetual cycle of Religion imposed inferiority.
He also states that any representation of GOD as having human features does a disservice to mankind since GOD is limitless and does not need to be cloaked in white flesh to be acceptable.

As a result we should demand that all representations of Religious figures (as Caucasians) be banned for the mental health of our people!

Kelani-

ROOTSWOMAN:
YEs sistah!  EXCELLENT BOOK!

ROOTS

Kebo:

This post makes me wonder what All Black religious figures would do to the white psychology.

Doesn't history show that there have been enlightened individuals and spiritual masters of all races; prophets, priests and leaders?

Jah and Life is a mystery, can it be broken down to black or white?

One thing that's for sure is that all pyschological chains must be broken.

"The Conquering Lion is gonna break every chain" - Lauryn Hill

Kebo

Ayinde:

Doesn't history show that there have been enlightened individuals and spiritual masters of all races; prophets, priests and leaders?

That depends on how you measure Enlightened.

Sis_I-chelle:
This is a very good book. I just finished it this morning. It is very enlightening. The book is short and to the point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page