white and rasta (please write back)

<< < (6/8) > >>

kendalldj:
yo man, JAH!

I was depressed for two years and then i found the light that is GOD, that is JAH through this very website reading all of baba ras's writings or something like that and yano i dont care if some people hang onto the word "rasta" like its a club that only some people can call themselves members of.  Jah loves all colors of people, and in this day and age it doesnt matter white or black, the more people that apreciate rasta for what it really means the better.  God is good and forgiving.  The history of rastafari is particularly from black people, but that doesnt mean any person can respect it for what it was.  The rastas fought the oppression, and the oppression bears down on all people nowadays.  Rasta is the means for soul salvation.  I repeat.  I found God through rasta, so how can i not ascociate myself with the group?  when i praise god i yell JAH! for i love the way it vibrates with my heart.  For their to be change, for their to be love, it must be one love, and the love that comes from jah is like a cup that never empties.  So why bother with feeling accepted to a group.  The group is the human race, and if people wanna exclude people, then they don't understand what life is really worth.  A man is man.  A man's roots are very important to him and for others to know from where he came.  But God works in mysterious ways, and their are righteous men of all colors, so lift up head and thank God for your skin whatever color it may be, thank him for your life.  In my oppinion a real rasta sees no color when he looks at a man, he only sees his heart.  If the heart is full of good intention, then it is so.  Hating anyone for any reason doesn't lead to any feeling of satisfaction.  To love your enemies for real is to feel sorry for their tortured souls.  For the Devil has his way with the wicked, and they live in hell.  Let us come together, and feel the love that is JAH, there is no need to label oneself rasta or not.  Rasta had its time of rebellion, let us learn from our white ancestors as well as black, Life is for the living, the dead are dead.

LIFE.  Life as we know it comes and goes in a relatively short period of time when compared to how long life has been living.  In this brief period of existence we are separated from our ancestors, by the knowledge of life and death.  It is the dead who lived before us, and in their time followed their own path.  Their path is set in stone.  But it is the living who decide the path of the future, and the living alone have this power.  “There is a war going on.  Death is trying to take life, and life is stronger than death.  But people believe that death is stronger than life.  But we know that life is stronger than death, so life is the road yano?” -Bob Marley.

JAH!

Rastaman94:
 I am white, I meself have become Rastafari within the last year, I am 15 and truly discovering what it is to be a true rasta. Haile Selassie I himself said Human beings are precisely the same, whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may may be. And Bob Marley preach that the colour of a man's eyes is of no more siginifcamnce than the colour of his eyes. So i beleive any rasta the critisize whites, or asians or anyone different to I and I self, shouldnt be a rasta. It be hard to explain to people, why i is rasta, what is rasta, why i always talk of peace and love, they say im just a bong head and everytin, but i am rasta in me heart, and pray to Jah, who has truly offered me a path that i will follow, to be righteous. As i is new to this site, just expressing some feeling, about becoming a new rasta, and what it has done for me.

Jah Bless

jahseen:
Greetins,
I's a white rasta livin in babylon, but I will not remain in dis society fo much longer.
I believe that if I and I all children of Jah, and since life was created in Africa, surely den de colour of I skin matters not?
Who are we mortals to decide what meks a man a Rasta?
I have completely seperated I self from white priviledge, and I hope I have embraced Jah Rastafari.

Jah bless, to Zion.

young_rastah:
I am 99% white & rasta as well.  I am also not afraid to discuss my hypocrisies, because I think 99% of humans have them.  I live and work in babylon in a ghetto.  Actually I'm a rent-man & married to a Delilah who is chinese.  I am also a leader in my community.  I cut my locks for her (and also so I could pursue a career in aviation, which is a rocky road).  I have worked on farms and been a bum, but every option was hard & frustrating.  It does not matter what color your skin is, and even IF white man were at the top of the food chain, that doesn't mean he is happy.

The biggest point I would make is that it is important to treat people well no matter who they are (and stand up for yourself as people attempt to take advantage of you).  Hardships go hand in hand with peace, and if you want peace, you must push forward.  Do good and make those hard choices, and you will overcome.

Babylon's claws dig deep, the future is dim & the world is not in tune with nature.  No matter what skin color you have, we are all on their knees as a species.  Blame it on human nature?  I refuse to accept this fate.  The one thing I pray for is that our children will unite, and that everyone of us who cares will do their part to just do good and not get taken advantage of by vampires.

gman:
Jahseen: You "have completely separated yourself from white privilege"??
How exactly have you done this? Have you skinned yourself so that all anyone can see is the raw red flesh and blood? Or are you the first to take advantage of the "invisibility cloak" that scientists are working on?
And re going to Africa because "all humanity comes from there": have you been invited?
I hope it's not Shashamane you're going; you do know that H.I.M. granted that land to **direct** African descendants in the west in recognition of those who volunteered to help fight Mussolini's forces, not to anyone who decides to worship H.I.M. (which H.I.M. is not documented to have ever asked anyone to do) regardless of their race? Not to mention the issue that many of the local Oromo people consider it to be their land?
I think you need to look deeper into things like "white privilege" and what that means. This site is a good place for that; it certainly encouraged me to look deeper into "light-skinned male privilege" and what that means. I recommend looking through the section called "Essential Reasonings". That goes for Young_Rastah as well. Young_Rastah, to quote another person who has light-skinned male privilege (but not white privilege), "Sorry Mike - it DOES matter if you're black or white" (Ice Cube). Have the babylonians blown away any 7-year old white girls in front of their parents during a raid on the wrong address lately???
And PS, if you consider your wife to be a "delilah" why are you still married to her? Does she know you call her that behind her back?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page