Irish Rastafarian.

(1/3) > >>

IrishRastaman:
Hey I'm 17 and from Dublin,Ireland and recently turned to the Rastafarian Religon....The reason i did so i have been studing it for a long time and I compare the troubles of our people here(war with the English etc etc) to the troubles of other people...It has always been my belife that every1 is equal and that no1 is better than any1 else.I think in the eyes of jah we are all one and when i try explian that to people they laugh and say "how the F*** can u be a Rasta??Ur not black or from Jamaica!!!!Then i try to explain that it's not about skin colours or where your from or anything like that it's about belifs.Belifs that every1 is equal man,Woman.Black,White.Well anyways what i'm getting at is there anyway to make myself as better Rastafarian...If some one could plz give me help that would be Great

Jah Melku:
Most major religions profess those features you mentioned, so with people mocking you, why choose Rastafari?

IrishRastaman:
Quote from: Jah Melku on July 17, 2007, 05:26:39 PM

Most major religions profess those features you mentioned, so with people mocking you, why choose Rastafari?

I chose Rastafari as i can relate to the rasta people.I was in London a while ago and got beat up 4 bein Irish..the english have tried to enslave the Irish for years..........also many irsh traditions are similar to that of the Rasta...Irish people also had dreadlocks many years ago before the english invaded and banned dreadlocks.....i feel every1 is equal White,Black,Man,Woman,Irish,English....In the eyes of Jah every1 is the same i just wish every1 that some people could see that...I just wish every1 could see that no1 is different...evrey1 is equal...i'm trying to spread this word and some people listen but some jus laugh it off..ut's hard being so young no1 takes u serious...I'm not claiming to know everything about Rastafarianism that's why i joined here to learn more and to make myself a better Rasta....Am i  bein stupid???Thoughts plz....

IrishRastaman:
Also if any1 would like to contact me direct via e mail or msn my address is Lewe.cc@hotmail.com

Azania 7:
Greetings

I went that whole route of labeling myself Rastafarian without really knowing the Truth of Rasta (not trying to state that you dont know). My view on ur questions is that whateva direction you are looking to go in I think it should stem  from within... Many of us are following the ideal of Rastafari as set by the media and commercial industry and not lookin beyond this.....

A question to you IrishRastaman... Have u in Ireland attempted to be in contact wit other Rasta people in your area to learn from them or are you only researching through books and internet?? Not saying that books and Internet are the wrong way but they can only get u so far in learning about culture... I hope i dont sound preachy just sharing my view.

Also question to Rasta people on this forum.. What is your view on the term RastafarianISM??? Does anyone  feel that it holds particularly negative connotations and groups Rasta as a part of the Babylon classification system of "isms and schisms"??????

Bless

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page