white and rasta (please write back)

<< < (4/8) > >>

siger:
Quote from: Ras_Nevoe on January 25, 2007, 02:50:02 AM

Anyway, with regards to skin colours, Jah is our creator, and we all Jah children.

GREAT! I agree 1,000,000%.....BUT...The rest of the world don't see us that way, the powers that be, the "white supremist" or "white elites" don't see us that way. Until then that statement(although true!) means absolutely nothing to me, zero, zilch, nada. Also you don't like the black and white thing but until the system is changed it's unavoidable.

The lad came here for support, and all we are giving him is this......

......the powers that be, the "white elitists" dont see "us" that way...... to generalize and throw a man whose racial-tendencies we dont know <we dont even know the lad's name!> makes us no better than those same white elitists, in my view.

I respect yo passion on the matter, do not mistake me. But i think where we induce the name of Jah, the faults of the world should step aside, lest we incur his wrath.

You ask why he doesn't respond; i think after this display, he isn't thinking rasta right now.

My thoughts,
Siger

wanderingshaman:

Greetings all,

I just happened to be reading up on these postings and, since I'm curious about Rastafari, I thought I'd offer up my own thoughts. I think, for many whites, that the first thing that seduces them to Rastafari is the music of either Marley, Tosh, & others. But then, they go into it without much of a real understanding of it, besides the message of peace & love to all peoples. I also think young white people become drawn to it because they see it as a way they can justify abusing their bodies by profaning g-ds herb. That is to say, if there even is a devine... but then that's another concept I don't wanna get into. I'm curious, because, if in the course of my studies I find myself beginning to awaken my own rastafari awareness/acceptance how will the world greet me then? will I be faced with misunderstanding and hate from those of my own faith? and then, with my taking up of the lifestyle, will I be misunderstood by my white freinds? A
All these are obstacles I think every young covert faces when deciding to follow a spiritual path, be it Buddhist, Islam, etc. I'm curious as to what the brethren and sistren have to say...

An in relation to your question for these two young men, I think white people, when embracing a spiritual path that is afro-centric, either don't understand it fully or, if they do, they can't handle fully seperating themselves from White privilege. The social construct of race is hard to break away from, When I address a man, I think of him first as a man, not as black, red, or yellow, but as a man and brother of the worlds people...

curiuos to kknow what you all think

peace & Jah-bless

Bud Andrews

Ben:
hey hey im 16yr old white rasta, but ask me what i am an il say rasta not white rasta. iv seen alot of topics like this and it confuses me why there is even discusion surely if he's a black mans god he must be mine unless we have our own white version ???.

Also some people say white people chant peace one love and believe there journey to oneness is over, for me i believe that the journey to 'oneness' is always ongoing. i am always learning things and trying to improve mmyself to be a better person and live clean and by no means is my journey remotely close to over.

to some of the questions,
yes i do benefit from white priviledge most likely, geographically it would be hard not to in britain as a white male but i dont think i be staying here my whole life :). Would you say this makes me a bad person? (not a retorical question btw ;)) an if it does how could i stop benefiting from my white priviledge?

to end white supremacy im  not to sure what would you do? i know i would give black people priorty in all matters jobs, education, housing EVERYTHING. As a man starting a race 400 years behind cant catch up if there were racial equality in jobs education etc

Ben

Kobe26:
Hotep ,

The first thing to do , is to ask ourselves what the term Rasta means , is it a fashion effect or an outlet for oppressed black folks , to center themselves on their inner spiritualities ?
In the beginning , Rastafarism was made for oppressed Black folks ( Kamites ) , because they were ...oppresed , and too , because they needed a image of God made for them by them , and over all who look like them .
During the slavery times , white slavemasters made them pray their white gods and forced them to forget all about their ancient African religion , it distroy their sens of pride , love for themselves , even love for other Kamites ( Blacks ) ect , still today you can see it ..

A white rasta is like a black christian or a black muslim , it is not normal , because you can't be affiliate to a religion that promote kamite-rebirth , when your people were slave owners , slave masters and still today keep on hating Us .
If you are white and wanna waste for time to smoke weed all day long (because you think it's the way it is when you are a rasta ) you've choose the wrong path , get back to your mysogyne , racist and bloody christian religion !

Personnally Iam an Afrocentric not a Rasta , but i support my Kamites brothers and Sisters in this religion , I prefer see them in there instead of let them be Muslims or Catholics , be wise and stay far from those impostors white wanna-be rastas Sons and Daugthers of Aton , defend your owns , and your own views on God.
Hotep ! 

siger:
A question.....
              when do we draw the line between rastafarianism and afro-centrism?

I have seen many articles professing the reasons for and the birth of rasta.... i will not argue these out, but i do know this;
many things were born in the dark bellies of the slave ships, but rasta was not one of them.

I'm not putting anyone's reasoning to chagrin; but is there no difference between spiritual standing and moral aptitude?
Because most rasta are afro-centric does not make "black oppression" a foundation of rasta. A matter of contention, yes; a manifestation of chaos, yes; but not a pillar of spirituality.
Jah forbid if such a thing was............

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page