Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:37:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Arts & Music (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Life and Debt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Life and Debt  (Read 10305 times)
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: April 25, 2004, 08:05:03 AM »

Yes Ones...

I had the opportunity to take in "Life and Debt" this past Thursday at a film festival in Toronto and recommend it to any looking to further understand the relationship between the International Monetary Fund, The World Bank and Jamaica.

The film delves into the economic plight and decline of Jamaica and how governmental loans, trade sanctions and tourism have affected this island in the sun.

Check it here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008NNPK/qid%3D1082901645/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-5596565-4919012

Next...

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 10:14:52 AM »

This movie is EXCELLENT...it is a good demonstration of the tactics the IMF and globalist/capitalist forces use to keep the cycle of neo-colonialist exploitation and oppression thriving. I recommend EVERYONE see this movie!

Forward to a united Africa!
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 10:29:26 AM »

TRULY, a great documentary that touches on many aspects of how JA is affected by this evilous capitalistic system... and also give a broader overstanding for other countries as well. The IMF is cruelty and they've got JA right where they want as they don't have the means of production to keep up with the modernized farming (Using Machetes while others are using machines!) so they can't be an active part of the world trade.. they need imports and have no means to export and it's only causing the debt to increase.
JAH knows sufferation runs RED down there..

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 01:07:50 PM »

Yes...

I think what I found most appauling was the fact that Jamaicans can find produce from other countries to be less expensive than the same items that are grown from their soil.  The reality is this is happening in most developing countries, not just Jamaica.

The IMF definetly has its hands in the pockets of the poor.  

Thanks for responding...

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: