A Confession of Racism

(1/4) > >>

Kebo:

One thing the Almighty has showed me through being involved on this reasoning forum is that the depth and breadth of anti-black racism goes beyond what i had previously realized.

The reasoning forum also shows that there is no way to hide racism when individuals reason, it comes out and it looks hidden to the speaker perhaps but its on the page and this forum recognizes it, racism is always recognized here.

And so to be involved in this rasta forum any white man has got to face the fact that he's got racism and that nothing he says can make any legitimate contribution, unless he's given the fire and can endure the fire

I feel thats its my duty to acknowledge to the black africans of this forum and all people dedicated to the movement that I'm a white man with racism in my psyche. Its never occurred to me before and I've always considered myself and blacks equal but its becoming apparent that racism runs deeper in the brain and its scope is wider .

I don't expect any sympathy for coming clean on this issue, but its my hope to be able to continue to participate in these reasonings because I do believe in the road to redemption, and to reach that destination a man has got to endure the fire, and the fire is here.

I've been burned so far in this forum, especially when i first showed up, but I must continue to get burned and hacked down. There's no other way for me to run.

Kebo

Ayinde:
This is a step in the right direction.
Maybe you can look to the same women and others whom you find are smart on the forum and allow them to help with your research. All it takes is truth telling, accepting responsibility for your personal conduct and then you can help improve the whole situation.

We’ll see…

italnational:
Kebo you have good qualities & overstanding,keep it up brethren,the temptation of Babylon is worse for you than I.Don't look back or you will turn into a pillow of salt.

Ras_Joe:
I pray that INI mind becomes clearer and free from the ills of racism.

Peace,
Ras Joe

benja:
I think its important for anyone raised within the identity of whiteness to acknowledge the racism that they have been taught to reproduce and how it fits into their world view. I don't think that there is anyone in Amerikkka, be they seed of Africa or Europe, that hasn't been taught racialized thinking and a whole host of logics and assumptions that goes with it.

In my upbringing, race was something that just wasn't discussed. As with any situation of "privilege," it wasn't our problem. My parents were too wrapped up teaching religion. I found myself growing up, listening to music, reading all kinds of books, gaining some consciousness and then wanting to put myself exactly where the truth and correct was. My whole identity and self got caught up in this struggle for truth. I strove so dilligently to come to some conclusion about what the "truth" was, what the "rules" are, all that stuff instead of seeking a spiritual existance seeking to live in the way of the creator.

I've learned that if you're trying to place yourself somewhere, trying to find a place to fit in, trying to seek something external to yourself that will give you a sense of identity or self value, you will do so seeking acceptance and trying to model yourself in the image of those you are seeking acceptance from. If you are someone of european ascent in this circumstance, you'll be more likely to cover up those deep down logics that you've been taught, those underlying assumptions, all that Amerikkkan stuff that is spewed from the TV, media, society, etc... in order to be accepted, or be "politically correct" or cool, or whatever.

What you've got to do is dig that sh*t out of your brain, face you're fears, insecurities, all that stuff and put it all out on the table.

I don't know if this is the place, but obviously something like (I believe) DuBois said, race is still a major factor for the 20th century. Maybe Ras Tafari fire allows for some of this inequity to get burned out here. I definately know race doesn't seem to be very broadly discussed in any other place like I've seen it being discussed here.

Even as much as you might know or feel like you've gained some insight, you've got to find a way to restructure your logic and more importantly what you teach to your children.

Kebo, I don't say this to you directly, like these are thing you need to do according to how I see it, more so that this is the experience and thoughts I've had around this.

Human beings sure have managed to create a schism for themselves over race, wealth and power. I wonder how things will continue to change as we move out of the era of european influence. I wonder what it will take to restore balance???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page