Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:00:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Role Reversals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Role Reversals  (Read 16890 times)
preach

Roots

« on: December 02, 2004, 09:44:40 PM »

If the roles were reversed would women be insensitive, chauvinistic, and selfish like men, or would they treat us fair?

love
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 10:08:39 PM »

We'll never know will we

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
preach

Roots

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 07:05:56 PM »

I beg to differ mystic man. For example the professional black woman who has adopted a masculine dating style via books like, How To Date Like A Man. On the surface it appears to be a good idea because it protects a woman's feelings. But ultimately it doesn't just empower women, it changes their whole mind state. This phenomenon can be likened to an individual who loses an enormous amount weight then joins the ranks of other skinny people who bash others that are fat. Alot of women don't handle positions of power as graciously as perceived.

love
lollycat

Roots

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 03:12:41 AM »

Roles are reverced woman are allready taking on the male role and yes we are asking men out and some of us are just like them. I speak for myself I date them onces and don't call back , Lead them on,Lie to them.Always got some sad story why I didn't call them yes roles have change and I am very insensitive to there needs.Why all those years of negtive programing.

To each it's own.
preach

Roots

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 09:46:56 AM »

Peace lollycat. If your response wasn't a joke I ask that you please answer my questions. Are you happy with the new lifestyle that was forced on you by negative programming? Are your actions true sentiment or are you just playing payback? Is sexual gratification from a man enough to satisfiy you, and do you miss the emotional stuff?

love
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 10:40:44 PM »

WITHIN the man IS the wombman, WITHIN the wombman IS the man.if ones REMEMBER these Incient principles, we would be fine.

Enter into this House,sons and dawtas of Ra-sta
your works will be weighed and then InI will go
to Higher Heights!
preach

Roots

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 04:06:11 PM »

If only it were that simple House of Rasta. It is not a question of whether we remember or not, but the denial of self among other things that divide the sexes. We let others dictate who we are, how we feel, what we should think, and how we should treat one another.

love
Empress_Zauditu_Ariel-YAH

Roots

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 10:28:32 PM »

Greetings,
I find this topic to be very interesting because I have been having this discussion with men and women of all ages for the past few months.  I have been getting mix responses (some think it is good and some think that it is bad) regarding the situation, but I will not speak for them.  I will only speak for myself.
Personallly, I do not want the "man's role"  I feel that YAH created men and women to fulfill different roles, and while no role is less significant than the other or less important, they are different.  These different roles come together to make a completeness.... a complete union between man and woman if you will.  I am fortunate enough to come from a family that can afford to send me to school to get whatever degree I may aspire to obtain and I am greatful for that; but even if I make more money and have more " book education" than a man, I do not want his role as the head and do not want to take his power or authority (of course I am not talking about any abuse or subordination here).  I do not want to disrespect him, but it is my experience that a lot of men are playing the more subordinate role and are fulfilling the more traditional roles of a woman.  I mean, if I am a woman who is more educated and has more money, I expect you to still stand firm, and not wither up in the corner like a puppy with his tail between his legs.  It is not a man's money, formal education, or his sex for that matter that make shim a man.  It is is wisdom, his spirituality, and his inner strength.  His ability to love and connect with his other half and his ability to lead and protect whomever or whatever YAH has blessed him with.  That is not to say that he should be "super-man" or "super-lion", but he should stand tall and fulfill his position.  Even if he gets weak and at times finds himself having to cry doing it... that's ok, he'll still be my Lion, and that is where I come in to support and uplift him --- my role as his Lioness would be to provide prayer, meditation, and the healing balm for his spirit and heart (and even ego if it calls for it).    
I am young and not married, so I meet men here and there, and I must say that I am disappointed with the "femininization" of men.  I get weary with their whining, their lack of self restraint, lack of direction, and increasing dependency upon a woman to survive.  This common exposure to such male mentalities is sadly and slowly but surely creating a part of me that has less respect for men in general.  Something that I do not ever want to indulge in, so i just keep to myself, mostly, and ask YAh to unite me with someone who is not of this new "species" of men.  So I patiently await and while doing so....................
I am not "male bashing" in any way, just giveing perspectives from my experiences.  In fact, I still think that YAH did the best thing by creating men, and I could not imagine this world without them.
All I am saying is will the real Lions please stand up!
No matter what the role reverses are that society is influencing, I want to complete, nurture, love, respect, and uplift my Lion, not take his position or take any of his roles.
Maybe it is just that I am "old fashioned"!  And that my ideals are outdated, but they are Biblical and The WORD and the SPIRIT is what I live by.
MISGANA! ..... especially for the Kings and Lions

All Lion & King -- walk tall, stand firm
All Lioness & Empress -- be sweet in spirit, humble, gentle and wise  
All -- know thyself and your divine position in creation.
Misgana always & YAH Bless
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: