Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 10:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25516 Posts in 9753 Topics by 980 Members Latest Member: - Roots Dawta Most online today: 66 (July 03, 2005, 11:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Leslie-Ann Paul (Moderator: leslie)
| | |-+  Feminism
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Feminism  (Read 1938 times)
preach

Roots

« on: July 20, 2004, 06:49:09 PM »

Okay. I will get straight to the point. I think that some women take the feminist thing way too far, and doing so actually take away from the celebratory act of being a woman. Is it not wonderful to be different from we, men with our disgusting behaviors and unemotional attitudes?

love
leslie

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 02:27:17 PM »

What do you exactly mean by "too far", Preach?
And are you suggesting that women standing up for their human rights is unacceptable? Don't you think that the feminist movement was/is a necessary one to combat male domination in malestream society? is the image of a docile and obedient female a "celebratory act"?
preach

Roots

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 07:11:26 PM »

peace leslie, Women standing up for their rights is totally acceptable. The extreme feminists actually come across as male bashers instead of focusing on obtaining their human rights. It is almost as if they are sore because they are not men themselves, or it could be they feel that they don't need men. Here's the problem; A contribution to the breakdown of the family structure, and further seperation of the sexes. The extreme feminist is overaggressive, combative, and fits the description of the sister that brothers hate to deal with. As far as tradition goes, brothers need to help with the housework, chores, cooking etc., but don't forget I sometimes like my vegetables midway betweem hard and soft and lightly seasoned to preserve the natural taste of the vegetables.
one love

love
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: