Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:22:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  I'm appalled at the ignorance of Africa on my
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I'm appalled at the ignorance of Africa on my  (Read 29693 times)
ptaured7

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 08:23:23 PM »

Alas, typically, Ptaured7 stirs up hornets nests all over the world, not just on this site.  Ptuared 7 has been an internationally recognized critic of  European expansion in its past and present form for over 30 years and has suffered greatly for it.  The USA is only an outpost of this phenomenon.  Would only caution that in the annals of world history, bloody conquest, slavery misery and torture of innocents wrested from their homelands is not a uniquely white, European phenomenon.  The use of the term "mongoloid asian" is a pejorative, ugly, racist term.  Ptaured 7's point of Japan relative to England has nothing to do with the relatively recent history of the Meiji Restoration in Japan, which was, yes, a British coup that still survives today in that country .  

The point on that was one of geographical determinism, that is, the physical environment's role in shaping island cultures all over the world and the unique, well documented, subject of much scholarly discussion on that subject relative to Japan and England .   As I said in my post reply,  BEFORE EUROPEAN CONTACT..  

One hopes that what was written is read again.  The point I thought was that despite the horrors of slavery that I did not want to patronizingly repeat to an audience that is all to familiar with its legacy on a daily basis,  a culture still forming and revitalizing is a good thing.  But the original point of this post seemed to be about why other African American blacks might be put off by bold assertions of people on the cutting edge of cultural rediscovery and cultural evolution.  

Ptaured 7 resists topics about what should be and talking it do death.  Ptaured 7 is interested about what is and how to effectively contribute to a discussion for change that encompasses alot of different people who may not always agree on everything.  One hopes that includes African American blacks and others who are cautious about what some say is "the truth" on this site.   Maybe we  could put ourselves in the other person's shoes? (Authentic communication - Jaspers.....I know, some German philosopher but I am sure some egyptian preist said it first in Hebrew).  I was talking about a universal phenomenon in all peoples involving migration and cultural change and how one might view the distrust discussed in the original post and by reasoning to effect change without calling someone ignorent or self hating or some other such pejorative statement that accomplishes nothing but polarization in your own community that I have personally witnessed as an outsider over decades.

There was also a Freudian slip up about your ancestors being masters of the world at one time and agreement on that point.  Devilish Ptaured 7 used the word master as bait, begging for agreement.  I think you all get the point about human behaviour and certain universal traits.  The history of human civilization is vast, far older than is currently accepted by  officialdom.  As mentioned, our movement through time explores cycles of change.  I thought the Moorish example was a good one, but way beyond that, in the very distant past, there is a great hidden history which Ptaured 7 and many others, particularly in the scientific community, suspect exists and the answers to many questions lie in Africa.  

Gasp! what if it turned out that white people are a genetically engineered slave race cooked up by your ancestors to do the terrible inhumane and deadly dangerous job of exploiting the solar system?  If you want to hear my wild thoughts on that one, just ask......

I did not mean to diminish your unique and unshared, by me, core feelings about this matter and to create angry feelings.  On the other hand, ptaured 7 is not what has been referred to by me as a "white hair shirt liberal" wallowing in guilt and self loathing becuase of ancestral misdeeds.   Ptaured 7 is not afraid of pissed off black African people telling him off and will respond earnestly without trepidation .

Ptaured 7 respects contributors to this site too much to do othewise.
preach

Roots

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 10:47:10 PM »

ptaured 7 you are everything you say you are not.

'And there are those who talk, and without knowledge or forethought reveal a truth which they themselves do not understand.
And when you can no longer dwell in the solitude of your heart you live in your lips, and sound is a diversion and a pastime.'

kahlil gibran

love
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: