Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 59 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  a white girl with dreadlocks..? comments on that?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: a white girl with dreadlocks..? comments on that?  (Read 135381 times)
nomo8

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2008, 12:39:22 AM »

Isn't this the "Africa Speaks" reasoning forum and this particular section is dedicated to young people of African origin exploring culture and history?  And now some ghosts from the machine have drawn in a flurry of posts bogging down the site with a discussion on a white girl (or other identity) who claims to want frizzy hair and to smoke weed, maybe hang with some buffed rastah man even!

Normally I wouldn't ever contribute to this part of the site, not appropriate! and I've retreated in respect a number of times over the years from speaking at all here., These posts are drearily familiar as work of the usual suspects in sidetracking , stultifying and ambushing a good thing with a lot of noise.  Now it seems contaminated with a bunch of white wittiness and condecension so that young african americans might feel bummed out or even intimidated to post here with something relevent.

Look at how many views this subject got!  In the intelligence game its called fly paper. some white smart ass like me with a lot of snooty prose and sarcastic wit can bulldoze the site leaving white wreckage all over the place - see, I am doing it right now and don't realize it - Hands off!

I thought of a few things I could say about why I read and post here - expanding over 30 years of related scholarship, expanded consciousness, revealing certain things that only a few white people know, of possible interest to readership here in contributing to understanding that other whites may be loathe to express - but some of that sounds again like whitey interferous/interruptus/ patronizicus/hair shirticus. 

The main underlying reason I post here is in emergency "situations" in matters of life and death.  Not necessarily on the broad scale either.  The writer is also motivated by an unhealthy desire for revenge, having genetic predisposition for battle that sometimes overwhelmes good sense. I try my best to be specific in my posts that other scholars and such will be interested, occasionaly venturing a bombastic opinion or two.  There's a strategy in it all, I admit, again, its about life and death, literally.   Much of what I write is meant to bring trouble and uncomfortable thoughts to the usual suspects that are reading this site daily, attempt to dilute the agenda they have MASS MURDER.  There has been success and failure in this regard.  apologies 

Every white person has a cointelpro /security bubble around them.  Trilliions of dollars are at stake, if they can use you, they will, regardless of intent (including mine) so it is always good to avoid crackazoids, etc, when in any doubt, who want to take up your limited time for cultural and historical exploration with taunts and platitudes about frizzy hair styles and rationalizing socially accepted weed smoking.

How many of these goof balls (if they really existed) would actually saunter into a "black community" - hi! bro, I a Irish rastafarian (smoking weed highly illegal here mon!) I be interested most high (as in high on weed)in your RELIGION , mon, yah, (I know, my dialect is way off here) and I know a white girl most high all the time too who is into Ja and ethiopia, we can't wait to go there and - ............  I seriously doubt most of these posts are legit from the flower power rastah perspectives . 

Just ignore every single post that is by a "white rastah" who wants to be a "rastafarian"   Or how about a separate category on the site "white rastah hairstyling, some dos and donts".  N8 Huh
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2009, 10:03:51 PM »

Roll Eyes why dont they create white rasta page or site lol, them parasites like to suck and steal our culture, theya re like leechs!
SimeonLevi

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2009, 08:06:51 AM »

Roll Eyes why dont they create white rasta page or site lol,

PositivelyForward
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2009, 11:36:04 AM »

Or an almost-white-skinned mixed-race Brazilian conspiracy theorist site!
(not disagreeing with ya about all the white 'rastas' most of whom I find quite annoying myself, but @ Afrikanrebel... do you even realise how ridiculous you sometimes seem? I say 'sometimes' cos there are times when you make sense, but it's almost always mixed with nonsense. I guess we gon have to do like Sister Carol and "pick out sense from outta nonsense, and put it inna one good sentence" Grin
realityproof

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2009, 06:17:17 PM »

Roll Eyes why dont they create white rasta page or site lol, them parasites like to suck and steal our culture, theya re like leechs!
Im a white guy with dreadlocks and im moving to live in cape town sa. i was online just looking wether i would get any bad reactions especially as im going to be spending some time in central jo'burg,and i came upon this post and was pretty shocked to be fair.....
I couldn't believe that my dreads would be offensive in any way i dont claim to be an expert on the subject but contrary to popular belief dreads arent only the heritage of rastafarians as rastafarianisim has only been around since the 1920s when marcus garvey started the movement. Dreadlocks are and have been worn for many hundreds of years by whites and blacks and all people inbetween i dont have dreads to look black any more than every black person wears them because they are rastafarian..............dont get me wrong i love my reggae but i got them because i feel a strange undescribable affinity for them and they are part of who i am.
(btw just a thought, I am i believe an unbaised and non-racist person and i honestly wonder why in the world in which we live is still so segregated by something as trivial as skin tone....... at the end of the day we are all here we all have to live on this little ball whether we're white, black, yellow, brown, gay, straight, ugly, pretty or anything else that people are unfairly judged by.)
EmpresKeneilwe

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2009, 11:14:09 AM »

Well, things arent that simple. Like it or not, we are a colour conscience society. That is the reality we have to live and deal with. Here in SA, you will be welcome as ppl LOVE to have as many yt friends as they possibly can. There is no such thing as 'multi culturism'. You are forced to be eurocentric or you become an outkast. Yt ppl still dictate how we shud behave in order to survive in this system. Blaknes onenes n strength
SistaOracle

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2009, 11:51:23 AM »

Angry HeH now children, wake up and act your ages and not as my dear grandmother used to say, your shoe sizes. Those of you who read bible, koran or what ever plz tell me were it said "and he gave a comb and brush"......None found good. I'm a fort-eight year old woman and I've never heard such rubbish spouted before in my life, it's good to know that people of EVERY COLOUR, will like to adhere to the non-advertised look of the corporate fashion magnets. and yes I wear my hair locked (there is nothing dread about it) and shock horror not by any means rasta, not that ther is anything wrong with it in my opinion salvation is found in many forms. Youth men and women, get into the real ideologue of liberation for ALL, be exchange of intelligent debate, instead of this one up-manship that going. I worry cause your the people who have to carry the baton into the future whether you are BLACK or WHITE
EmpresKeneilwe

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2009, 02:56:48 AM »

humble Greetings,
Youth men and women, get into the real ideologue of liberation for ALL, be exchange of intelligent debate, instead of this one up-manship that going. I worry cause your the people who have to carry the baton into the future whether you are BLACK or WHITE

This can only happen once we all take the responsibility of reasoning about how white priviledge affects each and every one of us. BLACK, YT, INDIAN, CHINESE...all of us.

If we as the human race, cannot debate on that, then our children will be worse off. We need to cure the source, and not just the symptom. At the rate most bredrens and sistrens are going on...encouraging this one nation theme, we'll end up having no culture and tradition at all. At the end of the day, we'll still be stuck with this one-sided-racist system.

People, I plead with you all. Let's not be afraid of this topic (monster) - White priviledge.
It is our responsibility as the human race to get rid of it. But it will not disappear if we just keep emphasizing "the color-blind" society concept.

Clearly we have moved away from the original topic - "a white girl with dreadlocks..? comments on that?"

I shall stop rambling here.

Hotep
Keneilwe
SistaOracle

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2009, 05:50:52 PM »

Kaboh Keneilwe, i do not disagree with you about white privilege in no shape or form, after all if you had read my message I mention the 'corporations'. As far as i know and the research i have done so far no Person of Colour owns such an entity. It is these very entities that hold and perpetuate white privilegde globally in all corners of the so called Third World, wher People of Colour reside the very keepers of the earth. They rape and pillage resources and bring the benefit in the form of money to the west. This is how white priviledge is playing out my friend and for those of us Africans who live in the west, we have to wake up to the fact that just by our being her we benefit as well. If you will like to discuss this futher i am willing to debate this with you seperately.
Mabinty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: