Hotel Rwanda

(1/2) > >>

Kebo:

I'm surprised no one has posted a review of this flim on the board yet.

I think the film was well made and re-enacted. It captured part of the terror of the situation for the Tutsi tribe in Rwanda during the time of the genocide. There was nowhere to run or hide. And justice and police were gone. The film brought further to consciousness a recent event in Africa which can not be captured on the news.

The film went briefly into the roots of cause of the genocide, admitting that it was initially developed because of European activity in Rwanda - Belgian. The film, though powerful, doesn't try to teach people the cause and effect of negative foreign influence on Africa and what people can do to change and stop this kind of horror. So even though the film was striking while watching it I dont it will spark a mass consciousness and do justice to the million people who were massacred. It most likely will sparks the brains of some.

Bantu_Kelani:

The film went briefly into the roots of cause of the genocide, admitting that it was initially developed because of European activity in Rwanda - Belgian.

Belgium is not the only country who played a major role in the conflict in Rwanda, the US, Britain, Germany, France, and the UN panels were also responsible for the extermination of Tutsis by the Hutus dominated Rwandan army in 1994. These days in eastern Congo in refugee camps and beyond, it is the Rwandan army and the Congolese militias led by Tutsis who are killing Hutus and countless of innocent Congolese people! Like you see in the movie, the UN troops are still remaining passive and incapable to protect civilians. 90% of all the killings and fighting occur in supposedly "non-combat zones" controlled by the UN troops. The violence in Kisagani, Ituri, and South Kivu provinces in RDC escalate because the UN troops are unwilling to stop the rebel groups. Millions Africans die! The US and Europe carry it out, and they go blaming Africans for not getting their acts together?? Are they proud of their disgusting hypocrisy?

So even though the film was striking while watching it I don’t it will spark a mass consciousness and do justice to the million people who were massacred.

11 YEARS LATER after the genocide in Rwanda this film is not supposed to arouse any international sympathy to the plight of Africans! The world richest have never felt any poignant sympathy to the Africans victims of their terrorism. I doubt it will ever change as long as their profit in billions of dollars of the suffering and misery of African peoples.

B.K

Bantu_Kelani:
One more thing..

What do you use the term "tribe" when you talk about Africans? Africa is populated by people of different "ethnic groups" not "tribes." The word tribe refers to the vocabulary of racist scholars when they talk about small groups of savage or backward people. They don’t say the British tribe, the French tribe, the Germanic tribe, or the Pole tribe?
The Bahutus and Batustis are two major social groups representative of outsdanding African development up to the eve of European arrival in 1903, so Kebo call them with the respect they deserve.

B.K

Kebo:
"Millions Africans die! The US and Europe carry it out, and they go blaming Africans for not getting their acts together?? Are they proud of their disgusting hypocrisy?" - Bantu Kelani wrote

The African situation is ugly. Only Africa is responsible for Africa in the end and only Africa can lead itself out of the pain.

Thanks for the clarification on the ethnic groups among Africans. At the same time you hear Africans use the term tribe often. Like in phrases tribal council, tribal elders, tribal warfare. Are you saying the Africans got the term as part of their miseducation from Europeans. What about tribal warfare, should it be ethnic group warfare. I like the term tribe. For me it means unity, community, and culture.  

Bantu_Kelani:

The African situation is ugly. Only Africa is responsible for Africa in the end and only Africa can lead itself out of the pain.

Our liberation, development, and security cannot be exempted from the role of our oppressors. The Imperialist Western nations have been plotting and scheming for a long time to maintain vicious brutality and backwardness in Africa in order to extract enormous profits, so the cause and solutions to Africa's problem is not the ultimate responsibility of Africans. I don't think you thoroughly know the challenge of Africa and the black race.

Thanks for the clarification on the ethnic groups among Africans. At the same time you hear Africans use the term tribe often. Like in phrases tribal council, tribal elders, tribal warfare. Are you saying the Africans got the term as part of their miseducation from Europeans. What about tribal warfare, should it be ethnic group warfare. I like the term tribe. For me it means unity, community, and culture.

Well for most conscious African continentals I know the term "tribe" is clearly a degrading word. I hope you understand that! This word was used during colonial times to paint a savage image of Africans. You ought to know THERE IS NO TRIBE IN AFRICA. This pejorative word doesn't apply to any social groups in Africa. Tribal formations in Africa died a long time ago with the disintegration of the primitive communities. The Kongo, Yoruba, Berber, Bambara, Mossi, Luba, Hausa, Akan, Ibo, Batutsi, Bahutu, Ama-Zulu, Dogon, etc. and even the Batwa peoples are not "tribes" but ethnic groups that either or all had political development, striking states, leading armies, and societal organizations up to the eve of colonization.

If you don’t object the world "tribe" you favor racist anthropological definitions that are used to describe Africa in order to pain an image of primitivism period. It's truly sad some of our people and white Afrocentrists like you continue to use this pejorative term.

B.K

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page