Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:53:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  World Aids Day
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: World Aids Day  (Read 21407 times)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« on: November 30, 2005, 10:19:34 PM »

As it come again once again it is WORLD AIDS DAY and I come to one all pleading with you once more get tested and stop this epidemic that is taking over our race,our country, our children, our people, our world.Do it for yourself to preserve your heritage, your existence with your friends and family
Save our selves I beg of you, GET TESTED
Remember dont discrimate against other who have this disease because you wouldnt want it to happen to you.

Hotep and Blessings to one all

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
BLACK SPARKLE

Sacred Womb

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 04:53:23 PM »

thank you!

So many people, young and old, had either ignored the spiritual vocie inside them and listenrd instead to the fools that surrounded them,or they had responded to a voice that was not actually the vocie of the Jah inside of themselves and therefore had been misled down a path of selfdestruction.
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:21:05 PM »

Angry we have also to remember that aids/hiv was created to control populations,that the world health organization gave amerikkka 10 billion dollars to develop the aids/virus,remember dat!
citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 02:31:20 PM »

i can't imagine that america, let alone any country would develop such a horrible thing. even if america wanted to do something that horrible, creating a disease is not a feasible way of controlling populations, as anyone would realize that america does not have an antedote or any way of containing the virus
melaninmagic

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 04:39:15 PM »

On this topic, I suggest a mandatory listening for any non-white victim of racism/white supremacy:

"Why I Am An AIDS Skeptic" by Keidi Awadu, host of the LibRadio talk show. The cost is merely $15 US, and I cannot urge you enough to acquire this vital piece of information. Believe me when I say it will add new dimension to your current thinking. Another benefit is that by purchasing this 3 CD set, you also help to fund an important medium for the dissemination of AFRICAN CENTERED reasonings to the conscious masses at large.

You may purchase it at: http://www.libradio.com/product.htm

FYI, occasionally, this documentary is broadcasted continuous streaming on www.libradio.com, so if you are lucky and log on at the right time, you might catch it!

Also, checkout www.libtv.com.

If you have any problems getting your computer to run the necessary application, do not hesitate in contacting me. I'd be happy to guide you through the set up.

Keep the faith
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 10:19:19 PM »

As my devotion to this topic I choose to bring it to the forefront again..it is World Aids Day again and my question to u is DID U ALL GET TESTED? IF NO WHAT ARE YOUR EXCUSES?

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 10:05:14 PM »

Poetic Princess, sorry to answer your question with another question, but what are your views on such people like Dr. Sebi and  dherbs.com, who have said to have heal Aids and a host of other diseases, with herbs, which the creator pointed out was for the service of man?  If someone goes and get tested, is positive, and uses their alternative, as opposed to aids meds, are they at fault?

You see ever since I was young, there have been hiv/aids talk, and the thought of finding a cure, but even as a child, i was smart enough to question, how can you cure hiv/aids, if you can't cure the common cold?  How can there be a single cure, if hiv/aids is a collection of diseases.. No one ever dies from aids, they die from pneumonia, etc..., why? Why is it that mother's can give birth and not pass it on to the baby? Why was there a village in Africa, where a set of prostitutes who slept with HIV/Aids positive men never infected with the epidemic?  Why can you test positive for Hiv/aids, if you have been around livestock, or if you go and get tested right after a meal, or if you have cancer?  Why does the packaging for the hiv/aids tests say that it cannot determine if a person has hiv/aids?  How can a woman that has tested positive for years all of a sudden test negative, and never take any hiv/aids meds?  Miracles? or misinformed public?

I am sorry but I see contradicting stories, and it frightens me that people just brush it off...We need A cure, could it but that the healing was in the herbs all along? WHo knows, huh?

All this research and we are still back at square one. The man who formed the "meds" basis for hiv/aids never had his scientifically tested for fallacies...I am not downing your cause, but have you ever heard these questions, and why are they still not explained after all this research?  Sometimes its hard to believe that their is money in medication not in a cure...what should an inquisitive person do, you've mentioned that this is your devotion,can you please assist me in these questions...Jah Bless
siger

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 09:28:55 AM »

"may all good worksmen prosper,
           the strength of the arm
           is guided by the vision of the eye.
           i would not hold a nail in place
           for the cross-eyed hammer wielder...."
Eja: Exinxin.

Still_an_Empress has raised one of my most pressing concerns; that the world embraced a scientific notion on the causes of AIDS without alternative thesis. There is no doubt that AIDS exists, no question that we would all be more comfortable in a world without it.
But how much of the cause (HIV) do we really know? And how do you intend to treat a problem without knowing its source?

The announcement was made in 1984 by then US. Health secretary Margaret Heckler that an American scientist had found the probable cause of AIDS. Without much ado, HIV became the leading brand of pharmaceuticals everywhere.
Now, i'm no scientist; but in Economics we deal a lot with theories; and one must be able to disprove one's own theory for it to be passed. No such thing was done for the HIV_AIDS theory.

From 1987, voices started questioning this theory, and many enlightened men and women were skeptical. These were some of their arguments...

We are told that the retrovirus HIV enters and destroys the T-cells, which are markers in our immune systems. With these cells depleted, our defenses  fail to identify and fight disease-causing germs, hence the condition AIDS. Thats the gist, anyway.

The skeptics argue that retro-viruses do not kill their hosts. On the contrary, they depend on the hosts' continued survival to live. So any pharmaceutical  action should be engineered with this in mind.

Also, the cellular proteins that are meant to be specific to the virus may in fact be normal cellular protein.

Many notable scientists have raised these very questions....

"If there is evidence that HIV causes AIDS, there should be scientific documents which either singly or collectively demonstrate that fact, at least with a high probability. There is no such document." (Sunday Times (London) 28 nov. 1993)
                     -Dr. Kary Mullis, biochemist, 1993 Nobel Laurette.

"Dominated by the media, by special pressure groups and by the interests of several pharmaceutical companies, the AIDS establishment efforts to control the disease lost contact with open-minded, peer-reviewed medical science since the unproven HIV/AIDS hypothesis received 100% of the research funds while all other hypotheses were ignored." (Reappraising AIDS Nov./Dec. 1998)
                   -Dr. Ettiene de Harven, Pathology Professor, Uni. of Toronto.

By the 1973 Pasteur Institute discussion, the minimum rules of retroviral isolation were set.
By 1999, probably till this day, no pure and isolated specimen of HIV had been collected.

Some of us will remember the photos that we saw in the media around 2000, that claimed to be of an isolated HIV virus. Again, i am no virologist, and i do not know what i saw.
But noting that the pharmaceutical policy on AIDS treatment and prevention did not change at all after this   
glorious discovery, i'm guessing it was not worth much.

As an African, i know full well the horror that is manifest in AIDS, and i wish my kids wont have to see it. But i also know full well the financial power in ignorance and silent obedience. Men will fatten on this issue, and we have to force their hand if we are to break the hold of this disease.

So....
before you hold that nail in place, be sure the coffin is not meant for your child.

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: