Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:04:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Poetry (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Africa without Africans? Ahhh....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Africa without Africans? Ahhh....  (Read 17517 times)
Eja

Roots

« on: March 06, 2006, 05:02:40 PM »

Africa would be a great place
Were it not for those ugly
Black bastards

Think about it
The sun
The air
That vibrant green
Whose breath you feel
On every inch
Of your being
The sky so low
You can reach up
And scoop a handfull
of cloud

I tell you
Africa would be paradise
If it were'nt for those
Big lipped
Flat nosed
Ugly Black
bastards

Let us say a prayer
Like our father abraham
Let us sing a psalm
Like our father david
Let us beg our fire god
To burn away those living weeds
In our garden of eden

We have tried talking to them
But we cannot understand
a word they say
They nod and nod
when we speak
As if they know what we're saying
But when they open
those ugly mouths
You cannot see
a word they say
All you see
Is lips

Would'nt it be wonderful
If we were to wake up tommorrow
To find them all gone
Then we could be Africans
In the way Africans
Were meant to be

No more paganism
No more tribalism
Just one people
One mind
Under the star
Of our curly haired father

One beautiful race
Nosed like an eagle's beak
Deliciously skinned
Like coffee with lots of milk
and sugar

No more gibberish
Superstition and sacrifices
Just straight foward prayer
In holy languages spawned
from the loins of abraham

What a wonderful dream
Of a day when
We shall see Africa
Without Africans

Then we can exchange African stories
Without having to listen to gibberish
We can look to the future
Without any intrusive reminders
Of the ugly
Black, blue Black
Blacker blue

We're tired of listening
To you
singing the blues Bessie
You too black
And you remind us
Of what we'll like to leave behind

We want more Beyonce
Plenty bouncy Beyonce
Hair flowing like a river
From the highlands
Of our Ethiopia
Skin as delicious
As a cup of coffee
With lots of milk
And honey
Light honey that is
And if theres no light honey
I'll have sugar
White sugar that is
Got enough Black in me
As it is

What a day
Africa with
no Africans
ahhhhhhh.....

mwanaafrika
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 08:44:26 AM »

knock knock there !

I ain't a poet but this poem is a bit confusing. Would u pls make it clear wat u tryin 2 say or wat u mean.

WORDS FROM YA POEM:

"Were it not for those ugly
Black bastards,

Africa would be paradise
If it were'nt for those
Big lipped
Flat nosed
Ugly Black
bastards

What a wonderful dream
Of a day when
We shall see Africa
Without Africans"

Afrikans will always be in Afrika, there will be no Afrika without Afrikans. Its a fact that the enemy has been trying wipe us out from slavery thru colonialism to todays neocolonialism. Hate it or love it, Afrika is for Afrikans and we rite here, we ain't going any where. I wish the great Markas Garvei was alive to spread the his phylosophy, nethertheless hes here with us in spirit and we will continue his work. The Arabs in north Afrika are even lucky to be in Afro land today.

Such poems aint good as they could be used against us by the enemy. So if u really is Afrikan, my friendly advice to u is that: try by all means to think about how easily, the enemy who is every where and on this site, can and will use such words against our race. And if u can't just don't write them. More over, if u aint Afrikan u better watch ya back.

keep it Afrikan.

BAFRIKA, IFWE FWEBANTU BENE BENE, BONSE ABA ABASHALA BAKUPANGA.

keep it Afrikan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mwanaafrika.

natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 09:41:45 AM »

i believe it's supposed to be sarcastic...u know....from a white point of view. i loved that poem

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
mwanaafrika
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 10:34:23 AM »

Natural Blacks, man.
Would u plz help a brother out here by explaining whats so good about this poem. I still think its abusive to Afrikans and stereotype of ouselves. Just like the Afrikan americans continue to refer to themselves as niggas we're giving more ideas to the enemy who is happy to see us i misery.

Mwanaafrika.
Eja

Roots

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 11:56:20 AM »

Well, if a person just read the section you took out, then they might have a mis-understanding  (like you have). Are you familiar with the the story of three blind men and thier first encounter with an elephant?

What you have done is called "quoting out of context". People usually do that when they have an ulterior motive.
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 08:52:31 AM »

What you have done is called "quoting out of context". People usually do that when they have an ulterior motive.

...or when they are confused or at odds with a misiverstanding. tolerance man...tolerance.

i rate the poem because it tells exactly how the neo-colonial white man thinks, and it is good for us as blacks in this modern time to know this, and not be fooled at any time that the whiteman's perspective of us (blacks) has changed.

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
Eja

Roots

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 01:12:06 PM »

Two Thumbs

Good word brother. Give thanks.
Yesayah

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 03:59:42 PM »

I love this poem.

I think what is so great about being a writer/poet is that the writer or poet is equipped to deliver a message without actually revealing his or her true feeling. A writer/poet is like an actor acting the part to deliver a message. The true identity of the writer/poet is at rest and makes room for the new character to come alive. I see all that that in Eja's poem. I think it shows another perspective. Many people, white and BLACK do feel the way the poet decribed. I've heard black people talk this way about Africa. I've been called "African booty scratching" by black some people when they find out that I am Haitian.

When I told some people that I was going to Africa few years ago, they were shocked and asked me "Why are you going there? You know these people have AIDS." See the ignorance?

It is true that it would be "nice" for a writer/poet to deliver a message that will please everyone... but that is not the duty of a true writer/poet. That writer/poet must deliver what the inner-spirit called for. Sometimes he or she have to go deeper or even "walk on fire" to do the work of Maker. Jah guide always!

Good job!
Fania Simon

Life is Poetry.
Express it!

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 01:01:03 AM »

Albeit a fairly abrasive poem, Iam quite certian that ANY white person who is not already a confessed racist/bigot will, after reading this, be griped with embarasment.

Deep down these persons know of the disease they carry with them, and this poem aids then in seeing how truly sick as a people they are. It offers them a bitter taste of their own worst case senario. Two thumbs up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: