Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:05:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Mainstream Religion (Moderator: Tyehimba)
| | |-+  Why I love Jesus Christ.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why I love Jesus Christ.  (Read 12468 times)
MuddyRivers

« on: September 24, 2005, 06:31:23 PM »

Because He first loved me. It sounds like an scripture. But for me it has meant everything.

I was becoming concious of the world around me and like always there is the threat of fanaticism and/or feeling like your whole world is collapsing.

Well my world was collapsing.

This seemed to be all there was to this world. Black people being destroyed while the world laughed and played footsie eating African banana's and drinking Hot Cocoa and riding on their firestone tires.

I was torn up inside. Then God began to talk to me. I finally understood for the first time that this world is far worse than I thought, yet there is an God in heaven, who will revenge my people.

A people whom as I began to read the bible, God also calls "My People".

A God who says: Plead the cause of the poor and needy.
A God who says: You sell the poor for a little comfort.
A God who says: The love of money is the root of all evil.
A God who says: Give your dinners for the poor, widow and foreigner.
A God who says: Sell all that you have and give it to the poor.
A God who says: A rich man thinks he is wise, but the poor see right through him.

A God who says: They say I am the Christ and use that to decieve many.
A God who says: I am with the poor and lowly.
A God who says: It is better to be with the poor, than share wealth with the oppressor.
A God who says: The prostitute will be in heaven before the priests.

A God who came to save me from this horror show that we call: The world system.

A God who promises to punish the rulers of this world.

A God who says: Don't harm the poor.
A God who says: I came to preach to the poor.
A God who says: Give the slaves much goods because they have given you much service.

Finally, I was at home. I finally got some peace. I finally got some joy. I finally saw where my love of "My People" came from. God gave me an love for Black People.

Jesus just loved me and He wrapped His arms around me and comforted me. Every word of the bible comforted me.
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:25:56 PM »

Because He first loved me. It sounds like an scripture. But for me it has meant everything.

I was becoming concious of the world around me and like always there is the threat of fanaticism and/or feeling like your whole world is collapsing.

Well my world was collapsing.

This seemed to be all there was to this world. Black people being destroyed while the world laughed and played footsie eating African banana's and drinking Hot Cocoa and riding on their firestone tires.

I was torn up inside. Then God began to talk to me. I finally understood for the first time that this world is far worse than I thought, yet there is an God in heaven, who will revenge my people.

A people whom as I began to read the bible, God also calls "My People".

A God who says: Plead the cause of the poor and needy.
A God who says: You sell the poor for a little comfort.
A God who says: The love of money is the root of all evil.
A God who says: Give your dinners for the poor, widow and foreigner.
A God who says: Sell all that you have and give it to the poor.
A God who says: A rich man thinks he is wise, but the poor see right through him.

A God who says: They say I am the Christ and use that to decieve many.
A God who says: I am with the poor and lowly.
A God who says: It is better to be with the poor, than share wealth with the oppressor.
A God who says: The prostitute will be in heaven before the priests.

A God who came to save me from this horror show that we call: The world system.

A God who promises to punish the rulers of this world.

A God who says: Don't harm the poor.
A God who says: I came to preach to the poor.
A God who says: Give the slaves much goods because they have given you much service.

Finally, I was at home. I finally got some peace. I finally got some joy. I finally saw where my love of "My People" came from. God gave me an love for Black People.

Jesus just loved me and He wrapped His arms around me and comforted me. Every word of the bible comforted me.

you dont love urself,because you are the whitemans whore,king james slave,another brainwashed evangelized negro,
who doesnt know,whether if you are coming or going,another afro saxon,that will stay stuck in the bowels of amerika till infinity worshipping the whiteman and king james the second Grin
melaninmagic

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 01:31:03 AM »

Africanrebel06.

What was the point of your post?

It is one thing to make a point in disagreement with something said. It is an entirely different thing to be downright insulting and arrogant. If you have not realized for yourself as yet, there is a phenomenon taking place whereby many of the African peoples are re-awakening from their long slumber and are in the process of finding their way back home. This is the sole reason why we gravitate to this site simultaneously. We are all searching for something that we KNOW exists, even though we cannot see it let alone describe it in its entirety. As we are not all identical by nature, our interpretations as to what this 'thing' is will vary, but the end result is the same; reunification of the African family.

Being crass serves no constructive purpose here.

Keep the faith.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: