Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:10:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  ChristafarI......Offensive!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ChristafarI......Offensive!  (Read 13242 times)
RAS KANA

« on: December 28, 2006, 11:14:46 PM »

Yes I. Greetings.

Just wanted to kno if anyone has heard of ChristafarI the band and/or the "movement"
Very Offensive to Rastas. Needs to be brought to everybody's attention if yuh dunt kno.

blessed love,

-Kana
Ras Tendai

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 01:03:53 AM »

Greetings in the name of His Majesty,
Yes I, INI also find it very offensive! I got a Christafari CD last Christmas and on that CD is one track I found very infuriating questioning the divinity of  H.I.M, it features an excerpt from an interview with H.I.M years ago on a train in Canada where he was asked if he was a GOD...They (Christafari) claim that they used to believe in H.I.M until they turned to Christ! Hypocrites. They want the identity (dreadlocks) but can't take the pressure, I say. Bun dem!!!!

Bless,
Jah Tendai
RAS KANA

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 03:57:54 PM »

Yes I. They even used to hand out pamplets to RastafarI reggae artists with a section titled "The Conquering Lion Conquered". hmmm... Mark Mohr gave one of these booklets to Buju Banton on the Sunsplash tour and allegedly, Buju hit him and pulled a knife.... Iman dont support violence but I can definitly overstand how Buju felt.

Yeaman Mark Mohr said he used to "praise Jah RastafarI" he also said that he used to smoke anything including crack! I don't want to give them any aid in their babylonian efforts by reasoning about them.  But I feel like people should be aware of them and their confusion.  There is a great essay by "Messian Dread" about ChristafarI, breaks it down well.  I anybody wants I can try to link them with where to find it. 

dem a wolf in sheeps clothing. jus a go a check dem website. I think it's called lionofzion.com

blessed love Idren,

-Kana
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: