white and rasta (please write back)

<< < (2/8) > >>

dreadwarrior1:
Mat, it is good to see you realize that there is a true calling for everyone and JAH does exist. I am happy to hear you have turned from athiesim to search and find JAH light. Rastafari transcends race. Rastafari stands for universal love, a higher spiritual ideal that is not emphasized in mainstream western society. To be a Rasta is to seek to be a righteous person and to continuously seeking to improve the self. Although Rastafari is rooted in Afrikanness, it is not a racist doctrine. The true essence of Rastafari is love for all forms of life which come in all colors, shapes and sizes. JAH created ALL. It is not our place in this world to judge others because of skin. If you do meet a so- called Rasta who is racist against whites or blacks or any race he or she does not understand the true doctrine of what they say they follow. I stongly encourage you to continue to seek knowledge about Rastafari and the other spiritual paths on the Earth. You may not consider yourself a Buddhist, Christian, Islamic etc. but you can learn much from their teachings. Continue your search. JAH BLESS   

Ras_Nevoe:

Originally Posted By: Live4Zion

I am a white, 17 year old from ohio........................................ I have allways had quite a bitterness for most white people and definatly white society. I could not relate to rastafarian religion anymore. i guess what im getting at is, "am i going to get shun by african american people for following their culture because it makes me happy?".

I am a rastafarian from Brooklyn, New York, and I would like to make a few comments and ask a few questions on behalf of Iself and some of I bredren.

First, I want to say that I do not have a problem with white people turning to Rastafari because JAH is for one and all. However I notice that most "White Rastafarians" tend to state their reasons for wanting to become a rasta, then chant "peace", "one love" and other phrases and expect that all should be forgiven and their journey to "oneness" is over and I strongly disagree with that. To be a rastafarian especially if you are white you have an obligation to put a stop to injustice and hatred wherever it rears its ugly head.
as a white rastafarian the I have an obligation to speak about race, racism(white supremacy) and ways to eliminate It because it is a PROVEN FACT that white people knows more about the tactics and strategies of this global white supremist system, more so than their black counterparts. So when you say things like:

My bitterness towards white people i guess comes from the fact that my family is from either tennessee or gorgia and are what some would call "rednecks". just some of the things i find that they say about black people and culture has made me very, very fist-clinching mad. Alot of my friends are black and to hear and see them all descriminated against makes me very mad... i also find any "reble flags" highly offensive. I grew up very poor and "trashy" persay and i was also descriminated against for that so i know how it feels. I just see NO reason why any man should have anything against african americans seeing as they did NOTHING WRONG, not now, not ever.

That is a good start, but it is not nearly enough. I guess what i'm getting at is...........

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT!!!!!!

If you want to help the situation you have to know what the situation is and the proper method to resolve it........So I will leave you with these two URL's

www.counter-racism.com

www.thecode.net

In the words of Dr. Neely Fuller himself.

"What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?"

P.S. Leave I an Instant Message or Email Address so I can contact I, I would like to reason with I (you)

Ras_Nevoe:
::Waiting 4 A Response::

Ras_Nevoe:
Quote from: Ras_Nevoe on January 19, 2007, 09:57:28 AM

::Waiting 4 A Response::

iyaman03:
hey bro, our storys sound similar, im also 17 and of european descent ( i dont like the terms 'black' or 'white') and from  New Zealand, i was on the completely wrong path, than i decided to take responsibility of my life and i prayed to Jah, from that day on, im trodding Jah road, all the demons surrounding me fled, cause Selassie I give i the strength to chase them away, and now i have my faith, i know i can do and achieve anything i put my mind to. Anyway, with regards to skin colours, Jah is our creator, and we all Jah children. Now, in my opinion, if anyone who call themself Rasta, is rascist, or discriminant, in anyways, whether in regards, to race, colour, class or anything, they are not Rasta. Rastafari call for world unity, and for man to turn to the truth, and not blindly follow satans path,  so this goes against the truth, if people say, oh this man cant be rasta, he have light skin, or you aint black, or you aint Jamaican, they are on the wrong path. In New Zealand, being a Rasta with light skin, i have to put up with Heathen saying how can you be Rasta, you aint black, you aint Jamaican etc..., i just reply, yeah, but i do know the truth, i am  good person, my heart is filled with love, i do  the almighty ones will, i do live healthy and clean, i know life is the greatest blessing, so i live. etc..,  most of them dont even know, they just think Rasta is Jamaican people who like reggae and smoke herb, and in regard to a post above, yes as Rasta with light skin, it is our responsibility, to fight against all discrimination injustist rascism and hate, here in Aotearoa, people of native descent, Maori, are sometimes subject to rascism, and injustice, IandI know i have to fight against that. RasTafari

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page