Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:31:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Essays and Reasonings (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Islam
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Islam  (Read 27374 times)
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 01:55:01 PM »

not all ethiopians embrace sellassie,thatsa misconception,however, he was half arab and thats a well known fact.

OK For arguments sake, lets say H.I.M. Selassie I was of arabic descent. Does it really matter? Have we the people of the "Afrikan Diaspora" lost a connection to reality? Because reality(atleast my reality) tells me that MOST, if not ALL Afrikans in the Diaspora, is a mixture of many different race, and ethnic groups, hence the word "CREOLE", creole in my "birth country" means they simply don't know exactly what you are but you identify yourself as black or of African descent.(I n I Iverstand that blackness is a state of consciousness found in most people of Afrikan descent)
I'm sure we all know the plight of our ancestors during the times of slavery, I'm sure we all know by now that the white man is the worst motha-f***a of all motha-f***az, And I am also positive that we know that the fact that Afrikans come in so many shades of black and brown is a direct result of miscegenation, mine AND your ancestors were raped and the resulting children often sold on the auction bloc, this is a known fact. The point i'm trying to make here is that, If the basis of a man's claim to his african heritage is based solely on whether or not this man is of a pure afrikan lineage then I regret to inform most afrikans in the diaspora that you are no longer considered Afrikan. Also many Afrikans at home also in places like Ethiopia, South Africa, Sudan, Egypt, Liberia, Irritrea, and many others.

I'm rambling on so i'll stop now, but I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: