Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:50:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 64 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Arts & Music (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Riding to work with Bob Marley...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Riding to work with Bob Marley...  (Read 23256 times)
Ras_Joe

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: April 25, 2003, 09:27:17 AM »

this morning really put I in a higher state of mind. Man brother Bob preached, teached and gave INI something to really grow from. Yes from Keep On Moving to Jah Live I felt the power of upliftment in every tune the brother sang. Yes people some are here on this Earth to inspire and motivate, and Bob's message most definitely does that.

Brothers and sisters I feel that when ones listen to music it must be beneficial to the mind, body and especially satisfying to the soul (Satisfy My Soul), because it is healthy and beautiful. Yes people I have to say Bob Marley has to be one of the most inspirational prophets of time, and I say of time and not this time because I know Bob is from creation, never ending and eternal. So I say to ones today play some Bob today/tonight (or another inspirational) and feel the positive vibe, Satisfying INI Soul.

Jah Bless,
Ras Joe
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 11:50:56 AM »

Deep RASpect in the name of the Most High Jah Rastafari.

I listen to reggae music at home, in the car at work and wherever and whenever I can. I sometimes even let the music on all night long as I sleep and so I can dream and wake up listening to it. When I listen to other kind of music, is nyabingi music.

This creation music makes me go forward each and every day. I mean, what else am I going to listen if I can't listen the birds, insects and the wind blowing!!!

Like Bob sang: one good thing about music, when you listen you feel no pain; so hit me with music!!!

Blessings and have a good day Ras,

Ras Mandingo Jahson.

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruaka

ONE GOD

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 03:30:52 PM »

Truely Reggae music is a blessing for much people. Bob has given me many things to think and reflect upon and his tunes are truely inspirational but I would also like to give thanks and light to other artist and men of GOD, Max Romeo whose words truely give light upon the injustice that exsicts in our world today. Augustus Pablo and other DUB artists
and ofcourse the very inspirational but hard to find (I only got a recorded cassette) Sound Iration.

I wonder if anyone here has got Sound Iration record? If so where was it purchased?

While some drown in the sea of poverty others cruise in the ships of riches/ Sam
Ruaka

ONE GOD

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 04:59:47 AM »

Sound Iration.....anybody?Huh??
Its a DUB group from the early ~70's.

While some drown in the sea of poverty others cruise in the ships of riches/ Sam
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 08:06:41 AM »

Did you try searching at amazon.com   ?

Also you can try searching at google.com

This are the places I look for hard to fing music.

I hope it helps,

Mandingo.

Haile,
jaymz

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 10:14:18 AM »

greetings.
i noticed, Ras Joe, that you referred to Bob as a prophet. i would very much like to agree with you on this matter. I have been listening to him a lot and his words are SO inspirational that they're almost godly. i dont think anyone will ever be able to top his inspirational songs in reggae.
Not only do i think he is a prophet because of his music but also through reading about his life, there are many many mystical things about him that cannot be explained. If you are able to, i really recommed buying a copy of his autobiography "catch a fire". Through this book, i have learned so much about him which has reinforced my beliefs that he was the word of GOD. The fact that his music lives on today and still has such a powerful effect on everybody that listens to him.
Through his music my spirit is uplifted and o can feel really enlightened. i give thanx to the Higher Man for what he has given us
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 12:06:39 PM »

I have read catch a fire too. Really informative book, important reading.

Mandingo.

Haile,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: