Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:53:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 28 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  Sara Baartman aka Hottentot Venus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sara Baartman aka Hottentot Venus  (Read 17482 times)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« on: November 13, 2007, 12:18:15 PM »

I dont know how many of you have seen this video or even know about this great woman I am speaking of, but hopefully from the video you will know who is Sara Baartman. She was a great black woman who was made fun of her full hips,lips and breasts and the buttocks which most black women are blest with..
The video tells her story and it also compare to the modern times where sisters are shaking and showing off their assests for free and for the whole world to view..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ7mmMe4klQ

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
wezekana

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »

Caught somewhere between shame and hope, love, victory and death InI receive your words (and blessings). I personally thank you and return them to you as thoughts and actions, feelings and vibrations, sentiments, commitments and realities.

I applaud you for your honest and keen eye, your strong and willful heart and your deep love. Our beautiful, sweet and honorable sisters deserve the respect and forethought of an unbiased world. I promise, on my part, to offer them nothing less.
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 02:23:16 AM »

Knowing about her is something i encourge both wombman and man to learn about it, it add so much to the times we are living in a time were persons are not respecting their bodies(temples), things are so materilistic and are base on looks.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
siger

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 03:07:21 AM »

there are two important lessons i have learnt from my father; and the first is the unconditional respect for women.
yet today, i feel i should never have read this post... because you cant hide shame from yourself. i am very much like those "dutchies", swayed and hypnotized by the sexual implication of a big behind and a full romp.
it is not BET 's fault that most beautiful women i see are reduced to sweat and moans in my head.

so what does a young'n do? Regret? see, this is my dilemna;
my father's second lesson was never to regret a moment of my life.

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: