Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:16:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Arts & Music (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Peace and Love-Nelly Stharre
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Peace and Love-Nelly Stharre  (Read 9653 times)
Alyse

« on: June 22, 2008, 03:16:16 AM »

Greetings to all-
In the words of artiste Bob Marley "It takes a revolution to make a solution", Stharre is another artiste [one of my favourite female performers Smiley] who harbours a clear vision of justification for peace and love through her staunch rastafari impetus. This song in particular portrays Stharre's evolutionary consciousness.
Born in Dominica, she currently resides in Ethiopia where she seeks to fulfill her own prophecies of upliftment. I once read an article which commented on her album-
It stated "in this time an entertainer can either be the voice of the people, a perpetrator of hype and propaganda or a conscious analyst, whose mission is to inspire and educate all who come in contact with his or her music. As an entertainer one must accept the responsibility that comes with having the power to sway opinions, and to influence the behavior of mannerism of thousands of people through one song. Nelly Stharre music through her sophomore album "Soul Country" established as a social commentator of exceptional relevance, especially in these crucial times"

I included the url for this particular song of which I speak.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCQ07lbR_g8&feature=related
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: