Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:35:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Quotes (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Robert Mogabe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Robert Mogabe  (Read 16106 times)
Khem

« on: November 23, 2007, 02:58:30 AM »

If we accept homosexuality as a right as is being argued by the association of sodomists and sexual perverts, what moral fiber shall our society ever have to deny organized drug addicts, or even those given to beastiality, the rights they might claim and allege they posses under the rubrics of individual freedom and human rights, including the freedom of the press to write, publish and publicize their literature on them?” Extract from speech by Robert Mogabe.
Iniko Ujaama
InikoUjaama

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:18:11 AM »

Greetings
I always find this issue of "homosexuality" very troubling for a number of reasons.
For the sake of he/she who deems him/herself a homosexual
I wonder what causes one to make such a determination about ones sexuality. Does attraction to someone of the same sex make one homosexual or bi-sexual. At what level is this attraction? Does it even require physical intimacy? Is it something distinctly feminine or masculine that we are attracted to?
I have been drawn to people of both sexes and I think generally we face challenges in how we are able to discern the nature and purpose of these attractions. What I think can happen to some (although not all) who deem themselves homosexual is that they hurry to or feel constrained by society to classify and label themselves and therefore get caught in a certain sexual lifestyle and understanding of themselves for a long time not discerning the purpose of their attraction beyond sex or atleast to transcend beyond this aspect of themselves.

For those who ask whether it is a right
If we say it should not be ones' right, who are we saying should make the determination and then what? Should one be prohibited by law to be attracted to or get physically intimate with consenting persons of the same sex? The same can be applied to many aspects of life where ones can be constrained by law to be this or that without the benefit of a process of self discovery and the latitude ti evolve. I have many reservations about "homosexuality" but I cannot see the practicality or overall benefit of imposing such restrictions on people. Paedophilia and other actions which infringe on other persons rights should be regulated and legislated against. however these infringements are so much more common among "heterosexuals" than "homosexuals" for they too like most are confused about sexuality. The sexuality of one who connects with the same sex is  accentuated many times as if the only aspect of such a person's being. This sometimes develops a response which reinforces the same.

http://rastafaritimes.com/rasnews/viewnews.cgi?newsid1052657987,82993,.shtml

the above is a essential perspective.

blessed Love
iniko Ujaama
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:53:28 PM »

viva grande mugabe,  homosesuality neva existed in afrika, 500 000 000 years ago bce, meaning before christ era Two Thumbs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: