Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:25:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 64 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Books & Reviews (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  what are you reading now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what are you reading now?  (Read 22654 times)
Nattygurl

« on: November 28, 2007, 11:23:08 AM »

What book are you currently reading Smiley
Nattygurl

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 11:26:46 AM »

I'm in between books Blackout through whitewash by Dr.Suzar Epps, And Behold a pale horse I never finished that one so I'm back at it again Bomb 2
orangerevolt

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 06:20:26 PM »

A Brief History Of The Mind From Apes To Intellect And Beyond
William H. Calvin

John Stuart Mill On Liberty
John Stuart Mill

Rastafari Roots and Ideology
Barry Chevannes

A Briefer History Of Time
Stephen Hawking

I have a habit of staring another book before I'm even finished with the others. Beam
Makini
Makini

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 08:15:07 PM »

...probably you are reading the wrong books...for you I mean, not that the content is unworthy. Oftentimes I do the same thing, and I find its just not the right time to absorb whatever is the book is offering up.

-M-
EmpresKeneilwe

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 10:08:32 AM »

True dat Makini.

I'm currently reading the Book of the Forth coming by Day...all about mythology!
needs high concentration Afro
Iniko Ujaama
InikoUjaama

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 10:16:51 AM »

Just Finished reading "BlackSkin White Masks" by Frantz Fanon.A fairly well known book I assume. very insightful. will have to return after a better understanding of certainpsychological terms and concepts shared there

Trying to return to one called "To have or to be" by Erich Fromm. ANother very insightful book. Looks at the "having" and "being"modes of existence. of particular interest I found the application of these two modes to learning.

orangerevolt

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 05:31:33 PM »

yeah....cause I didn't finish any of those... they are good.....but my mind wanted something else.....I finished "A Long Way Gone" in one sitting....
Iniko Ujaama
InikoUjaama

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 05:20:27 PM »

I find the mind works like that eh. You may decide you going to read some book or other but the mind knows what it needs to connect with at a particular point in time and so you may sway to what you may not have intended initially to read or stubbornly force yourself to read the book and perhaps getting less than you would from it had you read it in its season.
Another lesson learned from that is that in sharing books we may give to others books or information which they are not ready or inclined to connect with at a particular point because we felt so inclined at a certain point. Came to me when I found myself unable to comfortable read what was offered me at a certain point thought engaging the same books at another point reading them came easy.

blessed love
Makini
Makini

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 05:20:20 PM »

Iniko Ujaama...am really feeling your second point. Someone I really respect, perhaps respect the most of all people I know suggested two books to me and I have not gotten around to getting either. But I must have read quite a few books in the last 6 months I keep wondering if it seems I don't want to read them. Just not the right time.

Indeed suggesting books in a general sense is a cool scene, but if its directly it can be an imposition just like any other.

-M-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: