White Rastafari

(1/3) > >>

peaceloveharmony:
If you say I cannot be a rastafari cause I is white, will I not return to my bredren and tell them to hate rastafari?

why can I not accept your goals, ideals, culture if I have none?
cant I show support against babylon or must your babylon cast I aside and say I am not worthy, is this not what I&I's ancestors did to you?

Peace
Love
Harmony

EmpresKeneilwe:
Greetings.
This is reverse psychology.

it's good to show support, but what are you as the white society doing about the situation as a (white) group? Why the need to intergrate with us?  ???What are you hoping to achieve by joining us? ???

I know some of you mean well, but I cannot bring myself to trust you, that you want to do good for us. My thought is that you too concerned about your priviledge. Like how you expect everyone to just accept you. That's white mentality. "every1 loves me, why can't you?" That is hard for you to give up.

Example, if i'm in a relationship with you, you beat me up, the next day, u buy me a gift, and tell me, I made you do it. It's my fault and i deserved it. That you were doing it for my own good. the classic is, "U KNOW I LOVE U right?" "RIGHT".

As much as i overstand now what Rastafari means, I also know to guard against the arrogance white people have shown over and over again. it's so easy for you to say one love, we are going against H.I.M words if we see color. Color is everywhere. Society isnt color blind, we all know that. The very fact that you can differentiate between red and blue, means we are color conscience. That's a given.

Rastafari, just like Africanism is about being PRO_BLACK, and not anti-ANYBODY. What's wrong with that?
What's wrong with wanting only people who look like you or treated like you in your clan?
Why is it hard for you to overstand why we cannot trust or let you in our space? WHY?

Why do we have to accept you without questions as to what your motives are? They say, you can trust them all, but not the devil inside. I know there are black idrens that are devilish. But I personally believe in sticking with my race. getting them on the right track.

I dont know much about the KKK. I'm on the continent. As we all know, it's a white christian supremist klan right? So if I, as a black person, hate all blacks for whatever reason(color, religion, class,etc.), one day I decide to join the klan, do you think they would accept me simply bcoz i hate blacks and shared the same sentiments as them? Dont get me wrong, I'm NOT saying this movement is about black supremacy, but I'm simply making an anology! If I come across as being racist, then so be it.

Kgotso,
Keneilwe

gman:
The white rasta says she or he has no goals, ideals or culture... I sorry fuh s/he...
Other than 'marbles' who is showing some respect, most of the white posters on here that I've noticed seem to have a shallower grasp of what Rastafari is supposed to be about than a lot of white people I know who make no pretense of being/looking/or talking like "Rastafari". I talked to an 80 something year old white lady in the hospital where my grandmother is at the other day, she had a better idea of what rasta supposed to be about than most of the so called white rasta posters I see on here (despite her opening conversational gambit, "Why are you wearing a rastafarian hat?" "Why... because I'm Rastafarian.")
Empress Keneilwe your patience does you credit. Respect!

EmpresKeneilwe:
Give thanks and blessings RasGMan.

Please share with us what the white lady had to say about the family. Would be much appreciated.

Raspek.

gman:
Hail up sistren
It wasn't a long conversation. Basically:
lady: Why are you wearing a Rastafarian hat?
gman: [slightly bemused/amused] ... Because I'm a Rastafarian.
lady: the rastafarians all used to wear those hats.
gman: still do.
lady: I remember when what was his name... the king...
gman: Haile Selassie.
lady: Right, I remember when the Italians killed all those people. That was terrible...
[continues in this vein for a couple minutes.]
I suppose it was misleading to say she "knows more" about Rastafari, what I meant was she knew some general things about our culture and was sympathetic to it without trying to infiltrate it.
Similarly my late grandad on my white side, when I showed him a video of Bob Marley performing, said "He looks like a real revolutionary... like Owain Glyndwr!" (Owain Glyndwr was the last welsh king who fought against the English. My grandad was a bit of a radical trade unionist so he liked "revolutionaries". And like lots of people of his generation he remembered Haile Selassie being in exile in Britain and had supported him against Mussolini at that time.
So I'm not saying these elderly white people know everything about Rastafari, more that they understand (if not overstand) a little bit about it and they respect the fact that it's a Black liberation movemant.
Hope that answers your question... I have to go now... would like to reason with the I more about wah gwaan in Azania and Southern Africa in general, some time when time permits. Have you heard of the Shack Dwellers' Movement which started in Durban? I don't know the url of their website offhand, will have to look it up some time. They sound like a great movement.
Nuff Respect and Blessed Love

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page