Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:46:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Books & Reviews (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  DREAD, RASTAFRI AND ETHIOPIA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DREAD, RASTAFRI AND ETHIOPIA  (Read 26129 times)
albert_tempie

« on: July 19, 2009, 04:16:54 PM »

COMING SOON, DREAD, RASTAFARI AND ETHIOPIA, THE DEFINITIVE REPORT ON THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT IN DOMINICA.
WRITTEN BY RASTAFARIAN POET,  JOURNALIST AND AUTHOR, RAS ALBERT WILLIAMS.

HE TRACES THE 'BIRTH  BY FIRE' OF THE MOVEMENT IN THE CARIBBEAN ISLAND OF DOMINICA IN THE SEVENTIES WHEN THE DRACONIAN LEGISLATION: THE PROHIBITIVE AND UNLAWFL SOCIETIES ACT COMMONLY CALLED THE DREAD ACT OF 1974 ENACTED WITH THE INTENTION  TO OSTRACIZES AND DESTROY THE BRETHREN, THRUST THE DOMINICA BRETHREN INTO THE SPOLIGHT AND BECAME KNOWN AS "DREADS"

THE BOOK TITLE WHICH WAS FIRST PUBLISHED AS A THREE PART- ARTICLE IN THE CHRONICLE, TRACKS DOWN THE LEADING FIGURES OF THE DAY; IT ANALYSES, THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE DREAD ACT ON THE BRETHREN FROM THOSE DARK DAYS RIGHT UP TO THE REPEAL OF THE ACT IN 1981 WHICH WAS REPLACED BY THE TERRORISM ACT.

COMPLETE WITH PHOTOGRAPHS, TIMELINES AND TRANSCRIPST, ' DREAD, RASTAFARI AND ETHIOPIA' IS AN ATTEMPT TO ENGLIGHTEN, EDUCATE AND TO PUT CLOSURE TO THE RIFT THAT WAS CREATED NEARLY FOUR DECADES AGO.

RAS ALBERT WILLIAMS HAS WRITTEN ON RASTAFARIAN THEMES SINCE THE EARLY EIGHTIES FIRST AS A FREELANCE, AND THEN AS A FULL TIME REPORTER WITH THE CHRONICLE NEWSPAPER FROM 1981 TO 2004. HIS WORK HAS APPEARED IN ALL THE LOCAL PAPERS IN DOMINICA, AND HE HAS PUBLISHED THREE BOOKS OF POETRY: HONOURABLE NATTY DREAD 1982, ONE DOMINICA: ODES FOR I BELOVED - 1985; AND THROUGH THE FAR EYE-1993.

IN 2005 HE PUBLISHED HIS FIRST BOOK OF SHORT STORIES: HAUNTED HERITAGE AND OTHER STORIES.  RAS WILLIAMS IS A FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE ETHIOPIAN WORLD FEDERATION INC, THE FRONTLINE BOOK STORE AND THE DOMINICA WRITERS GUILD AND HAS SERVED AS THIER SECREATARY FROM TIME TO TIME.

IF YOU HAVE ANY RELECTIONS, MEMORIABILIA, PAST NEWSPAPER CLIPPINGS, OLD FILMS ETC THAT YOU FEEL COULD BE UTLIZED BY THE AUTHOR, DO NOT HESITIATE TO GET IN CONTACT

albert_tempie@yahoo.co.uk or 01293402517 or 07859846168

FOR INFORMATION [/glow][/img]
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:19:02 PM »

When will this book be available?
albert_tempie

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 05:38:24 AM »

Greetings

To be kept abreast with when the book will be available click on thefollowing  link periodically.

Author

http://www.openzine.com/aspx/Zine.aspx?IssueID=3783
albert_tempie

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »

Greetings Ras Man and to all Idren and Sistren of the Waitikubuli House of Nyabinghi.

My Queen and I send these salutations from the United Kingdom where I and I, in this present time do dwell and have heard of the malicious act aginst the Hola house of Jah.

It is I and I intention to assist with the reconstruction as much as possible over the coming months and wish the I much success with the efforts.

One thing that will facilitate the movement of funds in I opinion, would be the setting up of a paypal account that makes it possible for patrons to donate monies, no matter how small over the internet directly to your designated account.

Also, at present, I am preparing a book proposal tentatively titled: DREAD RASTAFARI AND ETHIOPIA: The definitive report on the history of the Rastafari movement in Dominica. For updates see

http://www.openzine.com/aspx/Zine.aspx?IssueID=3783

The aim is to present the proposal to a traditional publisher to produce a coffee table book that will be the pride and glory of every Rastafarian home.

The book will trace the arrival of black people here on Waitikubuli from Africa; give accounts of the maroon wars; follow the beginnings of the black power movement and dread era in dominica. The book which we hope will be full of black & white, and coloured photographs, reprints of news letters and posters, reference notes and other side bars, will chronicle the efforts of Rastafari Cooperative Community,Inity of Rastafari Idren, the Ethiopian world Federation Inc, right up to the Waitikubuli House of Nyabinghi and the building of the tabernaccle and the release of I and I brother, Eric Joseph from prison.

You of all persons, my brother has played a pivotal role in all  of the above. Much more than you would ever humbly acknowledge, and for this reason, the book will also have section on profiles on various ones and ones, in all fields who have contributed in any way to the upliftment of I and I.

I and I credentials to head such a project are well known to the I, but in the interest of clarity allow the I to present these facts:

ABOUT ALBERT WILLIAMS

Between,1981 and 2002, his by-line appeared in all the local periodicals in Dominica: The Chronicle, The Tropical Star, The Independent, The Voice of the People and The Sun as a free-lance contributor and columnist of scores of articles, short stories poems and other features. From June 2002 to March 2004 upon receiving a diploma in journalism/Short Story Writing from Harcourt Learning Direct, a correspondence school, he was invited to join Dominica’s oldest and most read newspaper: The Chronicle as a full-time reporter and photographer. While at the newspaper, Albert joined the Media Workers Association of Dominica (MWAD), and served as its secretary for a few months

Albert is recognised as a talented individual who has show a keen interest in many areas of the fine arts. Besides having written and self-published three booklets of poetry and a collection of short stories, namely: Honourable Natty Dread, (1982,1990&1996); One Dominica-Odes for I Beloved, (1985) and Through The Far Eye ISBN 976-8155-00-0(1996) and Haunted Heritage and Other Stories ISBN 1-4241-0680-X, In 1997, he was nominated for the DBS Radio FAME Award for Best Radio Program for the one-hour, literary radio program that he produced and presented for the Dominica Writers Guild (DWG). The show, Review was aired on the Dominican FM radio station, Kairi FM on Tuesday’s, Thursday’s and Sunday's. Albert is also a founding member of the Dominica Writers’ Guild (DWG) established in 1982.In addition, to being one of several young persons who founded the Frontline Cooperative Bookstore in 1983.

He has worked with organisations such as the Inity of Rastafari Idren; Movement for Cultural Awareness (M.C.A.); the Ethiopian World Federation Incorporated (EWF Inc.); the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica's, Division of Culture; the Black History Awareness Committee (B.H.A.C) and the Roseau Public Library, with which he has organized dozens of public readings, book festivals, African liberations marches and Bob Marley Awareness Days. He has also been called upon to facilitate workshops in creative writing and is also noted as an excellent performance poet. He is married to Memphis-born, Tempie, author of 'Feelings' ISBN 1-4241-0706-7

I would be grateful if you, in you capacity as a practicing Rastafarian lawyer, make the I-self availble to assist in the fulfilling of this project.

I man  would also call upon the Ilders and other houses within I and I I dren to come forward with thier memorablibia, recollections, writings and memories that should be documented for I and I children.

Ras Man, you of all persons, should know, that if I and I do not do this, no one will do it for I and I. I and I must document I and I-story in these parts, even if it is only so that I and I children, those born and those yet unborn,  can have a realible guide to follow.

I feel blessed that I have been blessed with many talents of which I am able to draw on to make a success of this venture, and I call on every Rastaman, womb-man and youth to dig deep into the I-selves and let the essence of I and I come to the fore.

Give my regards to Bro I-Mani, Ras Wa, Sister Nats, Sis Adama, Ras Abu and other bright wise-I in I and I midst.

Verily, verily when we make the break through here surely  all will benefit as I and I zoom along as a firery shaft  into  the hidden  truth of life right into the very heart of throne.

I and I Queen look forward to hearing from the I, and ones and ones regarding all that I have reasoned above.

Rastafari Sellassie

Sincerely

Ras Albert and Empress Tempie

ps

For updates on the progress of DREAD, RASTAFARI AND ETHIOPIA or to make a contribution by way of commnet,relections or otherwise.

click on link below.

http://www.openzine.com/aspx/PublisherZine.aspx?ID=6731&IssueID=3783

Ire

albert_tempie

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »

Greetings Idren and Sistren

I am solicitng information from Ones and Ones for inclusion in my research for my book DREAD, RASTAFARI AND ETHIOPIA, THE DEFINITIVE HISTORICAL ACCOUNT OF THE BEGININGS AND RISE OF THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF DOMINICA

The book seeks to throw new light on such epic chapters in Dominica’s history as the passage of the notorious Prohibited and Unlawful Societies and Associations Act 1974(The Dread Act) by the Patrick John administration in 1974. The act was intended to disgrace, and eliminate the Dreads, but what it did, was to give them a legitimacy that distinguished the brothers from their Rastafarian counterparts in Jamaica. Still, it is ironic that eloquent as he was, on the jargon used by the ‘Dreads’, and by the very definition the then Premier John summarised the meaning of ‘Dread‘, as terrorist, that less than seven years later he would  be found guilty of treason and branded a terrorist himself.

The book also revisit’s the historic trial of black activist, and thinker, Desmond Trotter and his subsequent death sentence for the killing of an American, John Jirasek which was deemed by activist worldwide as a conspiracy to silence the leading organiser of the dreads and compares this to the killing of the father of, Lenox Honychurch, Dominica’s leading historian and author, during an altercations between the brethren and the police in the hills above Roseau, and we speak with Eric Joseph, who was released from prison after 27 years for the murder. Again, no one until now, has been brave enough to ‘sit in the dust with the brethren’ and ‘reason’ with the brethren to go beyond the stereo-type and systemic propaganda published by the John administration’s radio station, and sympathetic weeklies.

All correspondence, photographs, newsleters etc, should be sent to albert_tempie@yahoo.co.uk

Rastafri Sellassie

Ras Albert and Empress TempieDREAD, RASTAFARI  AND ETHIOPIA: The definitive historical report of the beginning and the rise of  the RastafarI movement in the Commonwealth of Dominica. Will appeal to millions of individuals and  institutions around the world for different reasons. Firstly, it will strike a responsive chord with over 250,000 Dominicans on the island and in the Diaspora, many who were not even born, or who were young children when the events in this book were took place. They are fascinated with the Rastafari Movement and need to get the facts from an authoritative voice  this author.

albert_tempie

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 03:57:24 AM »

MESSAGE FROM RAS KABINDA (1)

Code:
http://dominicans.ning.com/forum/topics/ras-kabinda-desmond-trotter?commentId=2005195%3AComment%3A657453

Code:
http://www.openzine.com/aspx/Zine.aspx?IssueID=4002

GREETINGS OF PERFECT PEACE AND LOVE IN THE MOST IVINE NAME OF HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTIC EXCELLENCY, EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I. I MAN PRAY THAT PEACE PREVAILS IN THE HOUSE AND PROSPERITY AND PROGRESS IS THE JUST REWARD OF I AND I LABOURS.

ALLOW I TO INTRODUCE I SELF..I AM RAS KABINDA HABRE SELASSIE (DESMOND TROTTER) AND HAVE BEEN LIVING HERE FOR THE PAST TWENTY YEARS. I AM ONE OF THE EDERS OF THE NIYABINGHI TABERNACLE AND THE R.C.S. OF LOCAL 14, E.W.F. SHASHAMANE. I AM AN ORGANIC FARMER AND HERBALIST, A COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER AND A SCRIBE.

IT IS I DUTY AS AN ELDER AND A SCRIBE TO INFORM THE INTERNATIONAL RASTAFARI COMMUNITY OF THE REALITIES THAT FACE I AND I, AND THE CRUCIAL NEED FOR I AND I TO CLOSE RANKS AND MAKE THE APPROPRIATE REPRESENTATION TO DEAL WITH THE DISCRIMINATION BEING EXERCISED AGAINST I AND I BY THE OROMO LOCAL ADMINISTRATION.

BACKGROUND....

THE SHASHAMANE RASTAFARI COMMUNITY IS A CLOSE KNIT FAMILY, I AND I FUNCTION REGARDLESS OF HOUSE AND LOOK FOR EACH OTHER'S BACK.DURING THE DERGUE REGIME, THE MAJORITY OF THE LAND WAS TAKEN AWAY, REPRESENTATION BY THE THEN ELDER SETTLERS ENSURED THAT 11 HECTARES WAS ALLOCATED TO BE SHARED BETWEEN 18 FAMILIES. THE FULL 11 HECTARES WAS NEVER GIVEN.

THE ELDER TWELVE AND FEDERATION ELDERS BRAVED THE FIRE AND PAVED THE WAY FOR I AND I WHO HAVE VENTURED IN THEIR FOOTSTEPS.SINCE THE CENTENARY OF HIS MAJESTY, RASTAFARI FROM ALL MANSIONS HAVE COME HOME, FROM EUROPE, AMERICA, FRANCE, JAMAICA, BARBADOS, MARTINIQUE, BERMUDA, ST.VINCENT,DOMINICA,CHILE..I AND I AS A COMMUNITY DO NOT EXCEED 300

ETHIOPIA IS GOVERNED BY A FEDERAL SYSTEM, WHEREBY THERE IS A CENTRAL GOVERNMENT, BUT THE COUNTRY IS DIVIDED INTO REGIONAL GOVERNMENTS, REPRESENTING DIFFERENT TRIBES, SO THERE IS OROMO, AMHARA, TIGREY, GAMBELLA, GURAGHE,SIDAMI AND AFAR REGIONAL GOVERNMENTS. SHASHAMANE IS THE FASTEST GROWING TOWN WITHIN THE OROMO REGIONAL GOVERNMENT, OVER THE PAST FIVE YEARS, THERE HAS BEEN DRAMATIC CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY GEARED TO ESTABISHING IT WITH THE URBAN INFRASTRUCTURE BEFITTING A TOWN.

FIVE YEARS AGO, A MASTER PLAN WAS INITIATED TO SECTIONALIZE THE TOWN INTO RESPECTIVE CLASSIFICATION,DISTINGUISHING INVESTMENT AREAS, RESIDENTIAL AREAS,SCHOOLS,STADIUM AND RELIGIOUS WORSHIP. THE AREA WHERE THE SHASHAMANE TABERNACLE IS HOUSED AND THE RESIDENCE OF RAS KABINDA IS LOCATED, IS CLASSIFIED AS S44 ON THE MASTER PLAN. THIS BEING SPECIFIED AS FOR RELIGIOUS WORSHIP.

WHEN THE AUTHORITIES FIRST STARTED TO INITIATE THE MASTER PLAN, IT WAS CALCULATED THAT A 25 METRE ROAD MAY DAMAGE PART OF TRHE TABERNACLE. I AND I PROTESTED AT SUCH A THOUGHT TO LOCAL, REGIONAL AND CENTRAL AUTHORITIES AND AN AGREEMENT WAS MADE TO BRING IN THE FENCE TO THE WALL OF THE TABERNACLE, I AND I LOST THE HALF COMPLETED FEMALE QUARTERS, WHICH WAS DEEMED TO BE IN THE ROAD.

THERE WAS AN EIGHT METRE ROAD THAT RAN AT THE BACK OF RAS KABINDA,S
HOUSE AND THE HOUSE THOWEVER WHEN IT CAME TO THE FENCE, BEHIND I AND I HOUSES, A GANG OF 24 PEOPLE, ARMED WITH STICKS, CUTLASSES AND SPEARS, ORGANIZED AND LED BY THE LOCAL KEBELE AUTHORITIES, VIOLENTLY CUT DOWN I AND I FENCES. IT WAS A MOST VICIOUS ACT AND EXPOSED THEIR DESIRE TO EXERCISE ETHNIC CLEANSING. WHEN I AND I SOUGHT AN EXPLANATION FROM THE CHAIRMAQN, ONE OBBO MOHAMMED, HIS REACTION WAS PURE HATE AND MALICE.

THAT THE ELDERS DWELL WITHIN, I AND I FENCE MARKED THE BOUNDARY FOR THE ROAD . I AND I DWELLINGS HAVE BEEN THERE FOR THE PAST FIFTEEN YEARS. WHEN THEY FIRST CAME TO DETERMINE THE TRUE PASSAGE OF THE ROAD, IT WAS INDICATED WITH THE RIGHT MARKINGS, BUT THROUGH CORRUPTION, IT WAS CHANGED TO IMPEACH INTO I AND I YARDS.ON ONE SIDE, IT WAS INDICATED THAT I AND I SHOULD COME IN FIVE METRES, I AND I COMPLIED.

NOW IT IS ALMOST A YEAR, AFTER THIS INFRINGEMRENT, I AND I BROUGHT IN I AND I FENCES RIGHT UNTO I AND I WALLS. OVER THE PAST TWO WEEKS, THEY HAVE RETURNED AGAIN, THE SAME CHAIRMAN,WHO HAD BEEN REPLACED, WAS REINSTITUTED . THEY FIRST STARTED ON THE PROPERTIES OF THE TWELVE IDREN, MAINLY SISTER JOANNE, BRO. DESIE. BRO.. MOSES, ELDER ZION, RAS FLIPPINS AND BRO. CHIKA. WITHOUT WARNING, ROADS WERE CUT THROUGH ALL OF THEIR PROPERTIES,
THEY HAVE NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO DO THIS ,AS THE ROADS ARE NOT INDICATED ON THE MASTER PLAN. THERE HAS BEEN A RECENT EDICT THAT STIPULATES THAT EVERYONE LIVING IN THE SHASHAMANE AREA ARE ONLY ALLOWED 200 SQ. METRES PER PERSON, WITH AN ADDITIONAL 140 SQ, METRES FOR 1 CHILD.

SOME OF I AND I, HAVE AREAS OF 2,000 T0 3,500 SQ. METRES, THAT I AND I LIVE ON WITH FAMILY, CULTIVATE THE LANDS AND BUILD HOMES FOR ONES AND ONES .
BRO. FLIPPINS, WHO HAD UST BUILT UP A HAIRDRESSING SALON, WAS ORDERED TO BREADOWN THE BUILDING , WITHOUT COMPENSATION, WHICH IS ILLEGAL, ACCORDING TO ETHIOPIA LAW.

LAST WEEK, THEY CAME AND STARTED MEASURING BEHIND I AND I HOUSES,I WAS NOT PRESENT,BUT THEY INDICATED THAT THE ROAD PASSAGE WOULD NECESSITATE THE BREAING DOWN OF I YARD AND THE ELDERS QUARTERS.THE IDREN AND SISTREN WHO WERE PRESENT OBECTED AND INDICATED THAT THE ROAD MARINGS WERE INSIDE WHERE THE LOCAL OROMO PEOPLE HAD BUILT THEIR HOUSES. THE SAID OBBO MOHAMMED, THE KEBELE CHAIRMAN ORDERED THE ENGINEERS TO LEAVE THE HOUSES THAT HAD BEEN BUILT IN THE ROAD AND DIVERT IT INTO I YARD AND THE ELDERS QUARTERS. HE FUTHER ARTICULATED THAT IT WAS ONLY THREE ELDERS LIVING IN THE BINGHI YARD, SO BREAK IT DOWN, NO PROBLEM...TOTAL CONTEMPT AND DISREGARD FOR I AND I AND I WELFARE.

THE IDREN AND SISTREN ASKED THEM TO RECONSIDER, BEARING IN MIND THAT RAS KABINDA HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN BUILDING OVER THREE FOUR CLASSROOM STRUCTURES FOR OROMO CHILDREN AND HEALED HUNDREDS OF VILLAGERS WITHOUT CHARGE. THEIR ARROGANCE DID NOT FALTER, A SITTING MAGISTRATE, WHO WAS PART OF THE CREW, COMMENTED NOT TO FEAR FOR KABINDA, HE WOULD FINISH WITH HIM.

THIS IS THE REALITY, I WAS IN ADDIS ABABA, DEALING WITH MATTERS RELATED TO I LEGAL STATUS, HAVING BEEN INFORMED OF THE SITUATION, REPRESENTATION WAS MADE TO THE OFFICE OF THE OROMO PRESIDENT, WHICH DIRECTED I AND I TO THE WORKS AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT BUREAU.I AND I INFORMED THEM OF THE BIAS AND CORRUPT PRACTICES BEING EXERCISED AGAINST I AND I. THEY LISTENED ATTENTIVELY AND TOLD I AND I THAT I AND I WERE RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT AND GAVE I AND I A LETTER ADDRESSED TO THE SHASHAMANE CITY ADMINISTRATION, INSTRUCTING THEM TO INFORM THE KEBELE AUTHORITIES TO DESIST FROM IMPROPER PRACTICES AND AWAIT AN ENGINEER FROM THE CENTRAL BUREAU TO DETERMINE THE TRUE MARKINGS. I AND I ARE AWAITING THIS LETTER TO BE DELIVERED TO THE KEBELE, BUT IT IS IN PROCESS.

THERE IS A TENSION IN THE AIR, ALL OF I AND I ARE FACED WITH THE SAME SITUATION, A LOT OF THE IDREN AND SISTREN LIVE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE KING,S HIGHWAY AND WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS WILL BE FACING THE SAME SITUATIONS. THE KEBELE AUTHORITIES ON I AND I SIDE ARE MORE VICIOUS AND LET I AND I PRAY THAT GREATER LOVE AND TOLERANCE WILL BE SHOWN TO THEM AND NONE OF THEIR HOMES THREATENED.

OBVIOUSLY THE TIME IS LONG OVERDUE FOR I AND I TO MAE FAR GREATER REPRESENTATION TO THE FEDERAL AND CENTRAL OROMO GOVERNMENTS ON I AND I STATUS AND IMMEDIATE NEED FOR CITIZENSHIP, PROPERTY RIGHTS AND ALLOCATION OF SUITABLE LANDS TO CREATE SELF-SUFFICIENT COMMUNITIES, WHERE I AND I CAN BE ENGAGED IN COLLECTIVE COMMERCIAL FARMING,SETTING A FOUNDATION FOR NATIONHOOD, WHERE I AND I CAN BUILD HERBAL RESEARCH CENTRES, NATURAL ARTS AND CRAFTS, A RASTAFARI UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCE, APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY AND CREATIVE ARTS, SEWING AND KNITTING MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES, AGRO INDUSTRIES, OIL, SOYA,SUGAR CANE PROCESSING, ESSENTIAL OILS EXTRACTION, HERBAL REMEDIES, DREHYDRATED FRUITS ETC,

I AND I CANNOT FRET, REGARDLESS OF THEIR THREATS, THERE ARE SET THRONES OF JUDGEMENT ON THE WICKED IN CREATION. I AND I MUST FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIAL PREREQUISITE OF OBTAINING LAND FOR I AND I TO RECOGNISE I AND I SOVEREIGN RIGHT TO RETURN HOME AND BE HONOURABLY WELCOMED. I AND I MUST NEVER ACCEPT SUCH TREATMENT AND I AND I AS A PEOPLE MUST STAND IN SOLIDARITY. IT IS TIME FOR I AND I TO COME OUT OF BABYLON AND SOLIDIFY I AND I SELF IN THE MOTHERLAND. I AND I ARE THE REMNANT THAT IS DESTINED TO LIBERATE THE CONTINENT..IT IS BECAUSE I AND I ARE NOT IN TOUCH WITH ON THE GROUND REALITIES, I AND I LINGER IN THE WEST. IT IS I AND I DESTINY TO COME HOME, FACE THE FIRE AND TRAMPLE THE DRAGON.

THE STRUGGLE TO ILEVATE THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF I AND I PEOPLE IS AWESOME
BUT IS ONGOING, THE MAJORITY OF CHRISTIAN ETHIOPIANS ADORE A WHITE JESUS, WITHOUT APOLOGY. THEIR IGNORANCE IS I AND I BURDEN, WHY IT IS SO FUNDAMENTALLY IMPORTANT FOR THE THE SINGERS AND PLAYERS OF INSTRUMENTS TO COME HOME AND FULLFILL THE PROPHECIES.I AND I HAVE TO IBERATE I AND I PEOPLE FROM WESTERN IMPERIALISTIC INDOCTRINATION AS PERPETUATED BY HOLLYWOOD AND RELIGION. IT IS A MONUMENTAL TASK, THAT REQUIRES THE PARTICIPATION AND CONTRIBUTION OF ALL OF I AND I WHO HAVE CHOSEN TO WALK IN THE WAYS OF THE KING OF KINGS, EMPEROR HAILE I SELASSIE I..... I AND I WILL BE PROJECTING CERTAIN ASPECTS OF NATION BUILDING THAT I AND I HAVE CONCEPTUALIZED AND PRAY THAT I AND I AS A APEOPLE HAVE MATURED THROUGH THE AGES AND ARE PREPARED FOR THE WORK AT HAND... COME OUT OF HER.... I PEOPLE....ONE BLESSED RASTAFARI LOVE
albert_tempie

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 04:05:04 AM »

When will this book be available?
[/quote

Greetings Bro Tyehimba:

work on the book is continuing in earnest.

I and I have established contact with Black activist and former political prisoner , Desmond Trotter, now known as Ras Kabinda Habre Selassie who repatriated to I-tiopia back in1989.

Below, I and I take the time to publish his update on the Land GRant and other matters

RAS KABINDA FIGHTS TO PRESERVE SHASHEMANE LAND GRANT

By Ras Albert Williams

Black activist and Rastafarian Elder, Ras Kabinda Habre (Desmond Trotter) Sellassie is in a frantic struggle to hold on to ownership of 500 hundred hectares donated to Rastafarians and Black people in the West in 1955 as a way of saying thanks for their support for Ethiopia during the Italian invasion and occupation during the Second Italo–Abyssinian War of October 1935 that ended in May 1941.

His Imperial Majesty, Haile Sellassie Ethiopia, returned to this throne in 1941 when Italy was defeated by a force of the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth of Nations, Free France, Free Belgium, and Ethiopian patriots. On 5 May 1941, Haile Sellassie entered Addis Ababa and personally addressed the Ethiopian people, five years to the day since his 1936 exile.

Ras Kabinda who repatriated to Ethiopia in 1992 told this correspondent:

“OVER THE PAST TWO WEEKS I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING AN ATTEMPT BY CERTAIN LOCAL AUTHORITIES TO BREAK DOWN I HOUSE ON THE GROUNDS THAT IT IS IN THE PATH OF AN INTENDED NEW ROAD.. THIS HAS BEEN ABOUT THE 7TH TIME THEY HAVE TRIED TO TERRORIZE I MAN.. EARLIER IN THE YEAR, A GANG ORGANIZED BY THE LOCAL KEBELE, TORN DOWN I FENCE, IT COSTS I OVER 3,500 BIRR TO REPAIR IT.”

Ras Kabinda, who survives in Ethiopia by selling his agricultural products, and other Rastafari artefacts, lamented that he had initially drew back his fence by five meteres so as to not to be involved with technical department,

“I BROUGHT IN I FENCE FIVE METERS SO AS NOT TO BE INVOLVED IN ANY SEMANTICS. PREVIOUSLY, THE TECHNICAL DEPT. HAD DETERMINED THE ROAD AND PLACED CERTAIN MARKINGS, BUT SOME OF THE LOCAL OROMO PEOPLE BUILT THEIR HOMES OVER THESE MARKINGS AND NOW THE MUNICIPALITY HAS COME TO EFFECT THESE MARKINGS, THROUGH BRIBERY AND TRIBAL LINKS, THEY WANT TO DIVERT THE ROAD INTO I YARD.

I AM FORCED TO GO TO ADDIS TO REPORT TO THE CENTRAL OROMO GOVERNMENT AND INFORM THEM OF THIS ILLEGAL ACTIONS, FORTUNATELY, THE BROTHERS IN THE URBAN PLANNING DIVISION ARE CONSCIOUS AND HAVE ISSUED A LETTER TO THE DHASHAMANE AUTHORITIES NOT TO INTERFERE WITH I LOCATION, UNTIL AN EXPERT FROM THE URBAN PLANNING DIVISION COMES UP FROM ADDIS ABABA TO SETTLE THE MATTER. I PRAY RASTAFARI THAT THIS WILL SUFFICE AND I WILL BE ABLE TO FORESTALL THEIR EVIL INTENTIONS..

THE NEED FOR FURTHER REPREDENTATION AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS IS NOW FUNDAMANTALLY CRUCIAL IF I AND I AS A PEOPLE ARE TO ATTAIN EQUAL RIGHTS. THEY HAVE EXECUTED SIMILAR ACTIONS AGAINST THREE OTHER BROTHERS, WHO JUST ACCEPTED IT, TWO OF THEM HAD TO BREAK DOWN STRUCTURES IN THEIR YARDS, WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION, WHICH IS AGAINST THE LAW. IT IS AN ATTEMPT AT ETHNIC CLEANSING..

Since the dethronement of Haile Sellassie the repatriated brethren have be under a steady campaign by the Ethiopian Government to reclaim the land, for allegedly developmental purposes. Many of the policies, particularly the attitude of the Mengustu regime towards the Emperor are still maintained even though, the dictator mengustu was ousted by a counter coup in 1991. The royal standard of the Lion of Judah has also been removed from the nation flag. Mention of the Role of Emperor Haile Sellassie and Empress Menen are all but erased from the official school syllabus, Says Ras Kabinda.

Ras Kabinda, who first visited Ethiopia in 1989, and migrated permanently in 1992, has been involved in Agricultural development and the building of additional classrooms for nearby schools. He is also actively involved in teaching Ethiopian farmers alternative farming methods such as integrated farming.

Part of the problem, Ras Kabinda cites is the failure of some organisations to make good their promises at the development of acquired lands. Also the fact that the import duty to import vehicles for development purposes is almost 100 percent, and to obtain investor status one needs to give the government one million Birr (Ethiopian currency) or £48,056.50 British Pounds to obtain duty free concessions. He also notes that reggae stars who make pledges to financially assist the brethren are not forth coming, despite representation to the Ethiopian Government on their behalf.

“THERE IS A CRUCIAL NEED FOR I AND I TO ESTABLISH A RASTAFARI UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCE, ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY, ESTABLISH OIL PRESSES AND CANE JUICE PROCESSING UNITS,” Ras Kabinda says, adding, “CONSTRUCTION FIRMS, TRANSPORTATION FLEETS, CERAMIC FACTORIES AND PRIMARILY HAVE HUNDREDS OF HECTARES OF LAND UNDER CULTIVATION..THESE ARE BASIC FUNDAMENTALS THAT I AND I AS A RASTAFARIAN NATION ARE YET TO ATTAIN.

Last week, Ras Kabinda initiated the representation to the Ethiopian Prime Minister in Addis Ababa, Meles Zenawi and the Orima President and will return next week to begin negotiations.

RASTAFARI GIVE THANKS FOR THE OUTPUT...SELASSIE I..

IN LIFE EVERYTHING IS FOR A R EASON....IT IS FOR I AND I TO RECOGNISE THE MEANING OF THINGS. IT IS ONLY BECAUSE I AND I HAVE BEEN LACKING IN MAKING CERTAIN LEVELS OF REPRESENTATION ON MATTERS RELEVANT TO I AND I AS BLACK PEOPLE.,THAT ALLOWS SATAN TO PENETRATE..

AS A RASTAFARIAN NATION IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT I AND I SET UP GOVERNMENTAL ADMINISTRATIVE STRUCTURES SO AS TO REPRESENT I AND I SELVES AND SHOW COMMITMENT AND MATURE THINKING IN CONCEPTUALISING THE PROCESSES OF NATION BUILDING.

THERE ARE SET THRONES OF JUDGEMENT UPON THE WICKED...I AND I MUST RECOGNISE THE TIMES AND THE FULLFILLMENT OF PROPHECIES..THE STRUGGLE IS AS SERIOUS AS EVER.....AS A CONTINENTAL PEOPLE, I AND I FACE SOME BITTER STRUGGLE......IMAGINE THE REASON THAT MORGAN TSANVIGAI IS PULLING OUT OF GOVERNMENT IS BECAUSE HE WANTS A WHITE COMMERCIAL FARMER TO BE APPOINTED AS A DEPUTY MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE, SO AS TO GIVE THE WHITE MAN BACK THE LAND..THAT SAME WHITE MAN WAS WANTED FOR AMASSING ARMS TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT.. HE TOOK EXILE IN SOUTH AFRICA AND NOW HE IS DUE TO STAND TRIAL, THE PUPPET BOY IS DEFENDING HIM....

THIS IS THE REALITY, IN ZIMBABWE AND AZANIA THE WHITE MAN STILL CONTROLS MOST OF THE LAND.. THIS IS WHY IT IS SO FUNDAMENTALY IMPORTANT TO OVERS WHY SATAN WILL ALWAYS SEEK TO OBSTRUCT, BECAUSE I AND I AS NIYABINGHI RASTAFARI IS THE ONLY HOPE FOR I AND I PEOPLE.

MANY OF THOSE IN POWER HAVE SOLD OUT,ALLOWING THE CORPORATE SYSTEM TO CONTINUE TO EXPLOIT ALL THE VALUABLE RESOURCES FOR THE CONTINUED IMPOVERISHMENT OF I AND I AS CONTINENTAL PEOPLE,

THE SYSTEM SKILFFULLY USE S THE ENTERTAINMENT WORLD TO DIVERT I AND I ATTENTION FROM THE HARSH REALITIES THAT STILL CONFRONT I AND I AS A PEOPLE.

HIS MAJESTY TEACHES I AND I THAT I AND I MUST BECOME BIGGER IN SPIRIT, GREATER IN VISION , NOT ALLOWING INFANTILE AND GANGSTER BEHAVIOUR TO DISTRACT FROM THE WORK AT HAND. GREATER PRAYERS AND IRATION WILL ALWAYS VANQUISH THE WICKED.HOWIVER , I AND I HAVE TO STEP UP TO THE AMBASSADORIAL LEVELS IN ORDER TO PENETRATE THE CORRIDORS OF POWER, DEMANDING I AND I RIGHTEOUS DUE.

THIS IS THE TIME.... THIS IS THE IWA... I AND I MUST KNOW I AND I SELVES AS NIYABINGHI RASTAFARI, BE BRAVE AND STRONG,BE COMMITTED AND PREPARED, FOR THE PROPHECIES HAVE FORETOLD THAT I AND I SHALL SIT IN RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT AND I AND I PEOPLE SHALL BE WILLING IN THE IWA.

IT IS TIME FOR I AND I TO GET UP AND MOVE, THIS IS I AND I TIME...REMEMBER THE TEACHINGS OF THE ELDERS....I AND I MUST NEVER GIVE UP A CONTINENT FOR AN ISLAND...I AND I FOUNDATIONS GO FORWARD TO ANTIQUITY, SEVERAL THOUSANDS OF YEARS...THIS SLAVE, COLONIAL MASSA SYSTEM IS ONLY A FEW HUNDRED YEARS OLD.
THE ETHIOPIAN CONTINENT IS I AND I HOME AND I AND I MUST COME HOME TO LAY I AND I CLAIM. I AND I NEED TO REAWAKEN THE WARRIOR SPIRIT IN I AND I HEARTS.. IT IS LIKE I AND I HAVE GONE TO SLEEP AS REGARDS THE IPATRIATION MOVEMENTS. NO SUPPORT, NO COMMUNICATION,NO REPRESENTATION ON ANY SERIOUS LEVELS.. I AND I AS RASTAFARI NEED TO FOCUS ON SOME DEEP SPIRITUAL REAPPRAISAL AND ASK I AND I SELVES,,,WHERE HAS THE FIRE GONE?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: