Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:46:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  WORLD HOT SPOTS
| |-+  Around the World (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  One year on from London G20 demo death and no cop has been charged.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: One year on from London G20 demo death and no cop has been charged.  (Read 11390 times)
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« on: March 31, 2010, 04:58:02 PM »

Tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of the death, or rather murder, of Ian Tomlinson, a middle-aged white working class newspaper vendor who was bitten by police dogs, struck from behind with police batons on more than one occasion, and thrown violently to the ground by police while passing through the demonstration against the G20 meeting and the bank bailout that was taking place in central London at the time. He was not a part of the demonstration, he was simply on his way home from work. At no point was he aggressive or confrontational with the police officer who was video taped striking him from behind without provocation, WHILST CONCEALING HIS BADGE NUMBER AND COVERING HIS FACE. Ian collapsed and died of internal injuries soon afterwards. See video here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2009/apr/07/g20-police-assault-video
I was a few blocks away when that happened. It could have happened to me or to anyone - young, old, black, white, male, female or whatever - who was in the area at that time, when orders from the very top of the chain (I am sure) were in effect to show the naked power of state terrorism to try to intimidate poor people from taking a stand against the robber barons of the city of London. Or from even daring to be anywhere in the vicinity of people taking such a stand.
It's "democracy and freedom" when it suits them... or to quote Ice T, it's "freedom of speech... just watch what you say.
A year later, no cop has been charged, and I doubt they ever will. But you can be sure the police will be there tomorrow when Ian's family and supporters lay flowers at the spot where he died, but not to lay flowers - to photograph and videotape the subversive threatening flower-layers. Cos that's what my tax money pays for - that and bailing out the banks and subsidising the pedophile pope's upcoming visit to these shores.
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:10:43 AM »

As I expected - 16 months later, it has been announced that not a single charge will be laid on PC Simon Hardwood, the psychotic thug who randomly murdered Ian Tomlinson for the high crime of walking home from work. No charges at all - not even simple assault.
Now don't try this at home - it's just a thought experiment like Schrodinger's Cat - but let's say I was to put a mask on my face (as PC Harwood did), conceal my identity (he had taken off his badge number), sneak up behind an unsuspecting police officer and, first, set a vicious dog on him, and, second, whack him from behind with a truncheon, and, third, shoved him violently to the ground, and, fourth, ignored his obvious injured state and pleas for medical help. I dare say I would be charged with SOMETHING - most likely MURDER, and definitely at least MANSLAUGHTER. That's if I even made it to trial without being extra-judicially killed by the police or by someone in their employ (most likely of all).
That's not even to mention the cover up, the deliberate lies about what happened and the attempts to intimidate the media from publicising it.
People are completely justified talking about the brutal expression of dissent in places from Iran to Zimbabwe, but I hope no one is now under the delusion that things are ANY different at all in Britain and the rest of the "democractic" "developed" world. The only difference is they've got so many people brainwashed by consumerism that they only have to bring out the iron fist on special occasions. If more people were rebelling, they'd be bringing it out more often, simple as that. So remember - any demonstration you go to, watch your back - the police have an official license to kill you, for no reason at all. I'll be watching my back this coming Friday 12-2PM outside the Director of Public Prosecution's office in London (the person who refused to file any charges against PC Harwood)- Royal Court, 2 Southwark Bridge, London SE1 9HS.
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »

I meant to say "repression" of dissent, not "expression".
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »

Photos from the demonstration (which was not covered anywhere in the mainstream press):
http://www.demotix.com/news/407935/police-everywhere-jutice-nowhere-rally-after-g20-death-decision
The dreadlocks sista is Samantha Rigg, a very powerful speaker and the sister of Sean Rigg who died shortly after being restrained by police in Brixton in 2008: see http://www.seanriggjusticeandchange.com/ Sean Rigg was a musician and emcee and you can hear some of his tunes on the site as well.
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »

Corrected link: http://www.demotix.com/news/407935/police-everywhere-justice-nowhere-rally-after-g20-death-decision
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: