Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 85 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  The Dream
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Dream  (Read 6179 times)
Lullum

« on: April 25, 2011, 07:15:15 PM »

One night I had a dream that I was in a great big mansion. It was magnificently decorated with elaborate chandeliers cascading from the ceiling, beautiful paintings on the walls and there was a grand sweeping staircase that seemed to fill the entire space. With me at the mansion was every woman I have ever known: my mother, sisters, aunts, cousins, friends and even hundreds of women I had never seen before. We were all dressed in gorgeous dresses of all kinds and colors and in this beautiful place we were happy. There was no fighting or jealousy, just beautiful women sharing this beautiful space. As I looked around I noticed that this place was void of any males and then, as if out of nowhere, a man appears. He has no distinguishable face, age, color - nothing, as best as I could tell he’s just a regular man.  Without introducing himself he takes us through the mansion to bedrooms fit for a queen all the way down to a huge dining room that seemed quite capable of seating every woman present.  And as we all prepared to sit down to what can only be described as a feast, something began to nag at me. I realized that I was in a place I didn’t recognize and I had no idea why. Whose home was this and what were we celebrating and why were all these other women here, more so why was I here? So in my dream (as in life) I turn to my mother and I ask her advice, but my mother has no information to give, I ask my sisters, friends and in desperation even ask some strangers but none of these women can tell me where we are and why we were there. And as I looked around the room, I see the man again, and somehow I knew that he would know. So I make my way through the hundreds and hundreds of women trying to get closer to the man, it is a difficult task and at times I have to force my way through the crowd  but eventually I get to him and I repeat my questions, “whose home is this and why are we here?”. The faceless man looks at me and smiles and I am immediately reassured but still unprepared for what came next. “My dear”, the man said “this is all yours and we are all here for you”

I can never quite remember how that dream ended but I remember waking up feeling completely different. I’m a regular woman and I would often joke that I am regularly regular but I felt special and appreciated and maybe even loved.  Certainly there have been days since then when I feel less special, less appreciated and much less loved but on those days I think about this dream and without fail it makes me smile, the memory of this dream is like my very own upper that lifts my spirits. I have only told 2 people about this dream (and now I share with you), and although I suspect that their understanding of what this dream could mean is a lot deeper than mine I am sure that this was no regular dream. I can only assume that the mansion was symbolic of something less tangible but way more valuable and I am reminded of the old saying I would hear my mother use – “to whom much is given, much is expected.” I believe that there was a reason that I was surrounded by beautiful, supportive women and while I don’t quite know everything that is expected of me as a dreamer and as a woman, but I’m learning and paying attention. I have a few other 'special' dreams since then and I try now to engage the views of others by talking to people that I meet every day and reading about the experiences of others.  I know that my understanding may not be perfect and as such I welcome the insights of other dreamers.  Feel free to post your thoughts on my dream or maybe share one of yours. If not, I hope that I keep receiving insights and I hope that you permit me to keep sharing with you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: