Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:55:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Advice on homosexuality in Rastafari Culture
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Advice on homosexuality in Rastafari Culture  (Read 18586 times)
eden

« on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:59 AM »

Tena koutou katoa, ko te mea tuatahi ki te runga rawa, ko Jah, nana nei nga mea katoa.
(Greetings to you all from New Zealand, and praise and thanks to Jah first and foremost)

My name is E, and I am a seventeen year old female living in NZ. I have recently found myself wandering spiritually, seeking a place to invest my faith so that I may be able to (hopefully) grow to become a better, healthier, more emotionally AND physically mature person.

Over the last few months, I have become really interested in Rastafari culture. I am Maori (indigenous people of New Zealand) and many Rastafari/Maori beliefs intertwine. I am indigenous, and have developed my own understanding and concept of babylon - I identify with much of what I have heard, read, watched and of course listened to from Rastafarians all over the world. I feel the message and the hand of Jah on my heart and my soul, and feel like He has prepared this very path so that I may come to Him, and in Him find my purpose.

But something is weighing heavy on my heart. I am , and have been for the past four years, in a loving and dedicated lesbian relationship. I have never cheated, nor exposed myself in any way that would encourage men or woman to lust after me. I have been a loyal partner to my girlfriend, and her caring, nurturing and encouragement have (in their own significant ways) led me down the path to Jah. I have read the bible, as well as done as much research as I can on homosexuality and Rasta - but it is always hard to find information. So I come to you all.

I want to be a good person, and to honor Jah. However, I believe and I feel in my heart that love is natural - be it between a man and woman, man and man, or woman and woman - and that the love between my dear and I honors Jah. Kindly, brothers and sisters, your advice would be much appreciated.

Bless
melaninmagic

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:15:14 PM »

fiah bun dat Babylonian white kkkulture.

ain't no place for the sodomite outside the gates of Sodom, so you won't find acceptance here. Take it elsewhere.

Real talk, so take it or leave it 'cause Rastafari don't sugar-coat shit.
jennifer

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:37:58 PM »

@melaninmagic...i want to reason wit u
Iniko Ujaama
InikoUjaama

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »

Greetings Eden

You say that you are trying to "grow to become a better, healthier, more emotionally AND physically mature person." I think that is a useful starting point. If you are honest with yourself, reflective and act within the best that you understand there will be opportunities for you become "better" and to  further develop your understanding of better.
melaninmagic

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »

@melaninmagic...i want to reason wit u

You are more than happy to share your reasonings here, jennifer. I will be more than happy to respond. But first, a bit of honesty. Do you refer to yourself as, or have you ever been referred to or assumed to be a 'white person' by anyone other than yourself?

Hotep.
Essence Within

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 01:29:24 PM »

I pray that a cleansing fire can burn out and destroy that desire which is not of the almighty. None of us are perfect in our actions and we all should meditate on positive development in our livity, but that which you desire is not accepted within rastafari.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: