Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:20:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 64 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Science and Technology (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  INVITATION TO SUPPORT THE RASTAFARI ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY AND THE ARTS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: INVITATION TO SUPPORT THE RASTAFARI ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY AND THE ARTS  (Read 7586 times)
albert_tempie

« on: May 27, 2013, 03:30:11 PM »

Greetings Idren and Sistren

The Rastafari Alliance for Science, technology and Arts (R.A.S.T.A.)was founded on May 25th, 2012 as a Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rastafari-Alliance-for-Science-Technology-and-Arts-RASTA/474280542588870The vision is to create a space where followers of the Rastafari Movement could meet in cyberspace to share and discuss topics of importance to I and I future developments. To date, the page has 183 likes from fellow Facebook users from all over the world.Over the past year, the Admin and friends of R.A.S.T.A have been sharing snippets of news and videos of Rastafarians engaged in various activities, as well as videos from Youtube exploring facets of Rastafarian livity. I and I have also featured inspiring utterances from His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie, Prophet Marcus Garvey and the Honourable Robert Nesta Marley.

WHY R.A.S.T.A?
The founders of R.A.S.T.A envisioned that as the Rastafari Movement matures, the time is at hand when all talents and strengths among I and I must find a central point from where the very best ideas can find the support and the know-how to implement the future directives that I and I children will have to embrace and move Rastafari into the future.

For this reason, I and I presented a preliminary set of aspirations and goals that I and I see as forming the base of what this new organisation stands for. I and I see the Facebook page/group as a study group working towards the establishment of an educational institution of excellence. Furthermore, R.A.S.T.A is a virtual community established to facilitate the meeting, sharing and promotion of the Rastafarian way of life, as exemplified through the science, technology and the arts. (See mission statement)

2013 and beyond for R.A.S.T.A

In some respects, I and I can only depend on the mercies and blessings of I and I faithful Father, to guide I and I in these times. So for that reason, the future of I and I runnings is high. I and I visions are lifted and this past year has been a benchmark year for the above reasons plus so very much more. It has shown that the coming together of ones and ones of like minds does make a difference. As I and I no longer live in a local society but a global world, and I and I must always keep the sacred truths that has manifest itself today into knowledge, wisdom and overstanding of the times.  

Mission statement

To establish a database of Rastafarians in each country: lawyers, doctors, inventors, tradesman, accountants, musician, authors, bakers etc who want to be available to assist the cause.

To establish a non-profit organisation/ non governmental organisation to raise funds to be used to support I and I in the furtherance of objectives.

To digitize the works of Rastafari in print, film and sound for the purposes of archiving I and I I-Story.

To Strengthen efforts to assist the pioneers and elders in Shashemane with finance and technical assistance so that the wishes of his Imperial Majesty be fulfilled, and that a modern Rastafari city be built in his name.

That representation of Rastafari at the highest diplomatic levels on the question of repatriation and reparation be maintained.

That Rastafarians be given support to lean new skills and to become certified in all subjects relating to science, technology and arts and beyond.

To establish resource centres around the world so that the work of R.A.S.T.A. Will be able to flourish until the world bows down to the first estate of peace.

To make available legal assistance for ones and ones in times of need.

To offer artistic support in holding of conferences, and concerts.

To assist in restoration of the monarchy in I-thiopia.  

SOCIAL MEDIA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RASTA_ALLIANCE
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rastafari-Alliance-for-Science-Technology-and-Arts-RASTA/474280542588870
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RASTAFARIALLIANCE
Livestream: RASTAFARI_ALLIANCE_TV - live streaming video powered by Livestream
Spreaker: http://www.spreaker.com/user/5805789
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: