AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Okay I see
In Response To: Okay I see ()

General Nyahbingi,

not sure if you are responding to my post,but I agree with you in essence.
However mankind has not been using written text for that long actually.There were probably many people who knew god(whether the Father God Icept,or the the 'little Jah' as you say,Self God Icept) well before the bible turned up on the scene or even writ of any form.
In oral traditions,when dealing with 'spirit' there were those who actually owned the wisdom of the ideas they were putting forth and often that was how the actual learning took place.You could talk to someone who actually walked these things written in text now.
Some of the oral teachers actually embodied unconditional love and the ability to see the 'most likely' possibilties(prophecy).There is quite a difference in someone who has the experience and someone who is just sharing their beliefs or ideas.
Just like when you get a teenager talking about being in love,they may speak in a way that makes them seem 'wise beyond their years',but in the actual reality of wisdom drawn from experience,they are just more in love with the IDEA of being in love.
I dont have a great problem with others sighting up written script or a singular deity.Its just when one says that their deity is THE ONLY one and all other manefestations of little Jah or Father/Mother Jah are not as good or equal to the CHOSEN ONE.
Polytheissm,knowing humans,could cause them to fight about which is the best 'God',and it HAS (as far as history says),but that doesnt mean that polytheism is illegitimate.Same way as monotheism.
Could it be that when someone sights up all the qualities of the 'Creator' they are less attached to the personality figure that they see in flesh and more focused on the energy that each virtue offers??Not to say that they disregard the 'man',but really,whether Haile King Selassie wore white shirt or a black tie today or yesterday makes no difference.He is that which he is regardless because of the quality that he is.Yes,he represents many things by his fleshy embodiment but that is not the whole 'mixture',if you like, or 'combination of ALL'.
King Selassie also practiced yoga and meditation and studied other spiritual texts too.
When Jesus often said to people and sort of chastised them about the scripture saying 'have you not read the scripture' he was saying,do you not know these truths of the spiritual tradition(at that time) of your Jewish or judaic culture??He was saying,hey,youre not even living out what has been written down in your own spiritual tradition.Do you think he would turn up in the Congo or to the pigme peoples and say 'do you not know the scriptures'???
See,HIM did glorify in the bible but do you think that it was so because as a man it related to his spiritual tradition and lineage?Do you think he would go to China and say dont give me any of that Buddhist stuff,or,my bible is superior and is the only words of wisdom or god?'Know you the words of Jesus mr Sufi master?No?Oh you fool,youre bound for the lake of fire.'Doesnt sound like Selassie to me.What do you think?

Anyway,Haile King Selassie I Empress Menen or Creator.

Messages In This Thread

Should Rastafari people celebrate Easter?
Re: Should Rastafari people celebrate Easter?
christianity and yoke-ism
Re: christianity and yoke-ism
Re: christianity and yoke-ism
Signed, Sealed, Delivered...
Faith's other side... *LINK*
elaborate on this "KNOWLEDGE"
Re: O DISCIPLE
faith is not 'work' *NM*
Yes Knowledge
also to add
Re: Yes Knowledge
Re: Yes Knowledge *LINK*
Okay I see
Irie Reasoning
Re: Irie Reasoning
For HIM taught InI to follow teachings of Christ? *LINK*
Re: For HIM taught InI to follow teachings of Chri
I overstand the I
FO SHO MY LORDS AND EMPRESSES!
For many shall come in my name saying I am Christ
I am glad you asked that question
Re: FO SHO MY LORDS AND EMPRESSES!
Re: Should Rastafari people celebrate Easter? *LINK*
Nice 1 Selassielive...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com