AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Censirship on this forum????

Once any forum is moderated then that is a form of censorship. People will have different views on what should be censored, but, when all is said and done, it is the administrators who have the last say. Having said that, most times reasons are given for decisions and people are quite entitled to agree or disagree.

I would like if all illegal drugs were decriminalized but it is up to those who use these drugs/herbs to lead that struggle. I have always supported the call for marijuana to be decriminalized but there is no sustained campaign in Trinidad and Tobago for this.

While most folks in Trinidad and Tobago are not interested in having those laws changed, this country has a right to its laws and to change them at the will of the population. No one has any right to arbitrarily break ‘our’ laws and on this forum to flout the administration’s rules or directives. That is plain arrogance.

In our view, it is a sacrifice being made to not entertain the promotion of illegal drugs/herbs on these websites in the interest of keeping these sites available to the widest possible audience. Of course, we are not about obeying any and every law that we believe is unjust, but when there are means for changing these laws that is available to the population then we use those means.

If there was a sustained campaign to decriminalize marijuana and people voted with that in mind, they would succeed. But most people in Trinidad and Tobago are not interested in that and those who use marijuana are not lobbying to increase awareness and change the law.

There is the extended debate: if/when marijuana gets legalized the anti-African business establishments would dominate that market to a greater extent and the government would tax it. The ordinary users would be getting ‘high’ while anti-African folks get more funds to use against Africans.

In my view, increasing African/Self awareness is a prerequisite for more people to stand up correctly. We should not cut off the means to increase awareness on the widest possible scale which has the potential to get people agitated to the point of getting laws changed just because some folks what to use this forum to promote the cultivation of marijuana. That is stupid, in my view.

Messages In This Thread

Censirship on this forum????
ADMIN! Re: Censirship on this forum????
THE I's HAVE TO FREE UP STILL....
Re: THE I's HAVE TO FREE UP STILL....
how stupid is that?
who says web-owners cannot censor?
KEEP THE CHRONICK GROWING!!!!
ITS ALL GOOD!
No!!! It's not all good!
ITS IS ALL GOOD CAA DIN REALLY REED I POST!
...only taking a ride.
Re: ...only taking a ride.
Hon. Ras Paul I pray the I build a chalis!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com