AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Who is the Highest I?
In Response To: Who is the Highest I? ()

Greetings
I was hoping someone would give their perspective on my questions. I will give my opinion.

==============

Who is the Highest I?

Qedamawi Haile Selassie

or

Qedamawit Menen Asfaw

*There is no highest nor a lowest I. It is only I and I.

Or is it a yin/yang, alpha/omega type duality?

*yep. You cant have one without the other.

When Rastafari people hail up His Majesty, should they hail up Her Majesty with the same power, glory, and raspect?

* yep. Otherwise, "Jah" is just a masculine power, which falls in line with Judeo-Christian dogma.

I ask because I typically see HIM hailed up most times without a mention of Empress Menen.

Is that a reason why SOME Rastafari people put limitations/stigmas on the femi9?

* I think so. When ones look at the bible as the foundational book of Rastafari, it is not surprising that the femi9 suppression would find its way into Rastafari livity. It goes much deeper than suppressing woman. I am speaking of femi9 energy and power, which is different. I often wonder if the masculine based divinity of Rastafari has been a factor in the lack of women in the Rastafari movement compared to men.

Can JAH be devoid of femi9 manifestation?

* No way. Can a man have a child without a woman? Can there be construction without destruction, light without darkness?, etc, etc

In my opinion there needs to be a wholistic representation of Rastafari with Empress Menen being hailed alongside HIM same speed. Just like His and Her Majesty's coronation.

Bless up

Messages In This Thread

Who is the Highest I?
That is correct!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com