Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  New Sect of Rastafari...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Sect of Rastafari...  (Read 12566 times)
Oshun_Auset

« on: February 25, 2004, 05:34:13 PM »

Grin
I was just reading an article on Capleton...and I'm about to celebrate! I just found out that there is a NEW sect of Rastafari...It is called Coptic Orthodox...so now there is Bobo Shanti, Twelve Tribes of Isreal, Nyabingi, Orthodox, and Coptic Orthodox.

The exciting thing is, this new sect was formed because they are incorporating the ancient Egyptian/KMTian mystery system into Rasta, hence the name after the Egyptian Coptic Church which does the same thing with Christianity(like the Gnostic teachings).

I think Mutabaruka had a lot to do with the spread of this knowledge to Jamaica...I wish i could thank him personaly.

If I am late with this development, and others already know,  pardon my ignorance...

Forward to a united Africa!
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 11:01:57 PM »

Blessed Love in the Name of the Most High Jah Rastafari...
beloved, I dont mean to spoil your joy in anyway, and if this new sect of Rastafari is the sect for you than that is blessed. I would just like to bring something up about the different houses of Rastafari... does it not cause that much more seperation between I and I? Nyabinghi seems to be the one house that is the foundation for all, and yet Nyabinghi gets categorized as it's own house... Dividing amongst ourselves does not necessarily seem to be the solution to what I and I are faced with today, in this serious time of need for unity. With no assumption, I just pose the question of how the division of houses will help to forward the uniting of Africa? I myself sight the reality of ancient Kemet being the Mother to the stories in the Bible, as well as the reality that Ithiopia is Mother of civilization... but as I write this I think to myself, is it necessary to be a part of a house that identifies with kemet, or will there ever be a group of people that think exactly the same way I do?  As all Rastafari are linked so strongly by the Most High Haile Sellassie I... why do I and I search for more? Don't get me wrong, I have been one to search for the house that I most identify with, and I found myself with the realeyezation that I am of the house of JAH RASTAFARI. Just something to meditate on...
Much respect to each and every house, as there is no barrier to love... to each their own and we are all doing our part to relieve humanity of the struggle... UNITY IS A MUST. Blessed Love

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 10:20:17 AM »

I definately agree with you on the unity part....Africans must unite reguardless of religion, class, micro-nationality, ect... It is also good that  you accept KMT as a base of knowledge. I'm not praising the fact that a new sect has been created, as much as I am praising the fact that some Rastas have acknowledged the pre-Biblical teachings of our ancestors. Many Rastas I have interacted with get "stuck" in the Bible. This is a dangerous behavior because our common slave master/colonizer gave us that reading material(outside of the Egyptian Coptic and Ethipian orthodox cannons). I always admired Rastafari for studying it, and seeing through the lies the oppressor would like us to believe about it's historical/spiritual figures and teaching....and using it as a method of liberation...BUT we have access to information about our African ancestors and culture that often seems overlooked by most... I am just happy that MORE of our ancestors teaching are officially being recognized as part of our African cultural and spiritual heritage by such an influential group as Rastafari...

Forward to a united Africa!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: