Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  HIM alive?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HIM alive?  (Read 18743 times)
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« on: February 27, 2004, 01:28:22 AM »

Many of InI Rastafari have different views on the current state of His Imperial Majesty's mortal/immortal life... I am curious as to what ones and ones on this board feel. Do you feel that His Majety is trodding this earth in the physical body as we know HIM to look? Do you feel HIM has passed from the physical body and yet dwells within InI eternally? Do you feel HIM is destined to make another return in the near future?
I've heard things like HIM has been seen in Ithiopia.. or that He is hiding somewhere... what do YOU feel?

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 01:35:48 PM »

I personally feel that HIM, like all of our ancestors, are always with us.

Forward to a united Africa!
Ras_Legacy

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 02:56:43 PM »

Selah! I, too, believe that the spirit of HIM is with InI always...this is the feeling of natural mystic...the I have transformed into spirits who will aid InI in the struggle, providing the I with energy, peace, etc. HIM will never leave InI!!!

InI I hang on in there....InI I no leggo!!!! (So JAH Seh)
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 11:48:18 AM »

JAH NO DEAD
His Imperial Majesty represents the Almighty manifest in flesh. HIM dwells within InI and is there for all who are willing to seek. His life is eternal in spirit. But that was the reason HIM lived in the flesh for, to show InI the truth, light, and the way. Part of that truth is that all human beings will pass from the flesh, yet life is eternal. Therefore there is no fear in forwarding from this physical body, with JAH there is only LIFE.

The reason for this post was more for the perspective of those who feel His Majesty is in hiding, yet still here on earth in the physical flesh and character of Haile Sellassie the first. I am not trying to say what is right or wrong, just give my perspective and open the opportunity for those who feel otherwise to give their reasonings.

Blessed Love

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
douglarasta

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 04:29:45 PM »

YES there is a HIGHER POWER but to actually believe in a man as being the saviour of all...seems a little far fetched to me..however i was just trying to understand who is this 'HE' that ppl keep talking about? ANY MAN that trods the face of this EARTH has to lack the purity that i think his majesty should envelop...THIS IS A CORRUPT world and any one that take part there of has to be if not in the same boat but EXTREMELY NEAR to the same boat that WE are and as such cannot be the true majesty...however i am always open to opinions so plz explain to me this HEEEE....

Cogito Ergo Sum...I think, therefore I AM!!!
hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 10:30:06 PM »

douglarasta do u believe in the Christ?
douglarasta

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 06:26:21 PM »

Huh I am ASTONISHED!!! How could u just drop a question like that without any clarification of where u got such a notion?...YES i do believe in Christ but at the same time have renounced ALL TRADITIONAL practices that i see unfit for my well being and upliftment..I have sifted through my post ten times over and still CANNPT understand how u could come to such a conclusion!!! Well Mr. Hailiniemporer U have certainly grasped my attention and will loove for u to PLEASE ELABORATE some more on your frame of thought Shocked

Cogito Ergo Sum...I think, therefore I AM!!!
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 07:44:26 PM »

Douglarasta just wanting to be curious ,but if one believes in Christ but yet one claims to have renounced all the traditional practices that one sees unfit how does one go about that.And still claims to be rastafari.
It is surprising one doesn't not who the HIM and the HE Sis Menen I was referring to, the HE or HIM people are referring to is His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I  King of Kings, Lord of Lords, elect of God, conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah King of Ethiopia (1892-1975)
King Selassie I is the three hundred and thirteen  king of all the kings of Ethiopia and the one hundred and thirteenth king of the empire. He is also the 225th in a direct bloodline of the Ethiopian monarch, Menelik being the first.  Menelik was the son of Queen of Sheba and king Solomon who is the son of David king of Israel.
"Prince shall come out of Egypt, and Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hand unto JAH" (psalm 68.vrs:31)
"And one of the elder said unto me, weep not, behold the LION of the tribe of judah, the root of king David hath prevailed to open the book and to loose the seven seals thereof" (rev. 5 ver:5).
HIM name means the "power of the Holy Trinity"', HIM is called the "King of Kings" (Negus) and it make it very clear what that title means: It does not matter your race or nationality, the reignship of Jah goes beyond ones nation or culture

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 10:19:46 PM »

Well supposedly the Christ's name is Yeshua. Yeshua who was a man, means saviour. HIS Majesty Haile Selassie I is in the Kingly character. Princess's post should be sufficient in providing essential iducation.
out_of_Zion

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 09:52:43 PM »

Poetic Princess,
It looks like you're using a variation of the KJV Bible, but what you typed, singular "prince" does not make sense grammatically. The Bible says "princes."  

Here are some other translations' renderings of the same verse.

Psalm 68:31

"Bronzeware things will come out of Egypt; Cush itself will quickly stretch out its hands [with gifts] to God." -New World Translation

"Envoys will come from Egypt; Cush will submit herself to God." -New Int'l Version

"Princes shall come out of Egypt, Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God."  -King James Version, 1611

"Exact rich tribute from lower Egypt, from upper Egypt, gold and silver; make Ethiopia extend its hands to God." -New American Catholic

Consider, too, the two verses that preceed it:

"Because of your temple at Jerusalem, kings will bring gifts to you yourself.  Rebuke the wild beast of the reeds, the assembly of bulls, with the calves of the peoples, each one stamping down on pieces of silver.  He has scattered the people that take delight in fights." -Ps 68:29,30

The fulfillment of this Psalm was partially fulfilled by proselytes in David's day, but has a latter day fulfillment that Paul made known later in Ephesians, "in other generations this secret was not made known to the sons of men as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by spirit, namely, that peoples of all the nations should be joint heirs and fellow members with us of the body and partakers with us of the promise in union with Christ Jesus through the good news." -Ephesians 3:6

Psalm 68:29-31, and the great acts of faith performed by the early Egyptian & Ethiopian Jews were a fulfillment of Isaiah 19:25

"because Jehovah of armies will have blessed it, saying: 'Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my inheritance, Israel.'"

Do keep in mind, however, that ancient prophecies can have multiple fulfillments, as is the case with the illustrations Yeshua gave the disciples about the conclusion of the system of things (Matthew 24:4-44).  The first fulfillment was, of course, the fall of Jerusalem at the hands of the Romans, but we know the greater fulfillment is the collapse of Babylon.  Similarly, the original fulfillment of the 38th Psalm was the proselytizing work of the north African Jews but a latter day fulfillment could have been the arrival of HIM.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 09:16:54 AM »

Thank you for making the correction,yes it was taking from KJV Bible one has taken the 2 other verses you have mention into concentration and may comment on them at a later date.

Much Blessings

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: