Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 31 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Is Selassie I God?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Is Selassie I God?  (Read 121156 times)
out_of_Zion

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 11:48:05 AM »

"Therefore God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, that their bodies might be dishonored among them, even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and render sacred service to the creation rather than the creator, who is blessed forever.  Amen."  Rom 1:24,25

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 12:15:25 PM »

Well this is getting weird. I for one do not advocate leaving mama earth on an ego spaceship thinking that the Creator is somehow not present in the creation.

I give thanks for life, all life as they are expressions of the Creator.

I will give thanks to every tree that give me shelter, every plant that gives me nourishment, every animal that provides a service - as their breath of life has been sacrificed so that I may I-tinue mine. Animals, plants and all of nature can teach us much about the Creator as the Creator is ever present in them.

Enough of the Romans.
Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 05:18:22 PM »

Out Of Zion,where does it say i worshipped (which ur WESTERN thought MISS-EDUCATION) creation,rather,i dont move by "Blind Faith",as ur creHator wants to wait until u go to "heaven" to see him,lol. Cheesy

Selassie I /Empress Menen-Y'shua/Mary Magdalene,Perfect Balance
out_of_Zion

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2004, 07:10:55 PM »

Not sure.  Just saying, when you see a painting you don't say to the painting, "WOW, you're a great painting."  You say to the painter, "Wow, what a great painting."  Similarly, the creation reflects the glory of the Creator, but is not the Creator living incarnate.  I don't think I'm expounding anything altogether too radical, Paul epistle or not.

Nazarite, I don't believe in going to heaven to see the Creator.  That's not part of my faith.

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2004, 07:37:22 AM »

Not sure.  Just saying, when you see a painting you don't say to the painting, "WOW, you're a great painting."  You say to the painter, "Wow, what a great painting."  Similarly, the creation reflects the glory of the Creator, but is not the Creator living incarnate.  I don't think I'm expounding anything altogether too radical, Paul epistle or not.

What IS a radical departure in the Judeo-Christian mindest from the natural state that indigenous people live in is the intense SEPERATION that this point of view can create between the Creator and Creation. When one sees creation as fallen - there is a rationalization to exploit and subjugate the natural world. When one does not see the right to life of all life as sharing that divine spark of life, it has and continues to open up the intellectual doors to the rape and pillage of the natural environment.

out_of_Zion

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 07:37:50 AM »

When one does not see the right to life of all life as sharing that divine spark of life, it has and continues to open up the intellectual doors to the rape and pillage of the natural environment.

Here sister you have my complete agreement and shared annoyance except I attribute it to something different.  Instead of it being the "fallen nature" that is the cause, I think it is the whole bit of "made in God's image" that leads ones to think wrongly that they and they alone know what is best for the earth...and as we see - they do not

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 08:33:26 AM »

Here sister

I am not a woman, just for previous reference. Bless.
out_of_Zion

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 12:39:43 PM »

#*#)*!@!

That's the 2nd time I have made that mistake on this board (genderizing).

What's worse is I have had PMs with you and not even known that....I appologize.  

Same thing happened to me so I know it's a bit emmasculizing.  What's strange is I don't rightly know why I make the assumptions like that when I do...

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2004, 01:14:42 PM »

It's cool. No offense taken at all.
NB

Roots

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2004, 10:40:41 AM »

It's obvious this post got a little off track.  The question was, "Is Selassie I God?"  I do feel a deep love for His Majesty, and would like to express my thoughts, or at least a little portion of them.  It is a fact that His Majesty was a devout Ethiopian Orthodox Christian, and my point is that H.I.M.  worshipped JAH himself, I cannot beleive that JAH would worship JAH.  So that being stated I know Selassie is not JAH.  As one who looks to the Ethiopian Orthodox faith for my own guidance I have come to honor many Saints, as they are chosen by the Tewahedo faith.  A Saint is someone who lived so righteously on Earth they were chosen by JAH to be honored and exalted on high, were put here for people to look at as shining examples of what we could be or could do in service of the Creator.  Selassie came to this earth through the union of His mother and father, rooted in David, to loose the seven seals by freeing the Kingdom of God from the clutches of Satan.  Although the Tewahedo faith does not acknowledge Selassie's saintly status, I do.  I feel that the Selassie was like Enoch, in that he was so right in his works he simply vanished into the love of JAH.  I really hope that people who do view Selassie as JAH, or as Iyasus incarnate, aren't offended by this.  To each their own, we're all seeking the same goal, I think JAH presents different paths for different people.  On that note, SelassieI guides and protects forever, as Alpha and Omega are infinity.Selam
RASTANOW

Roots

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2004, 11:34:14 AM »

Give thanks for the thoughts. The question, Is Selassie I God, should not be answered until clarifications are made and then the question should not be answered in the context of western thought pattern. What is the meaning of the English word GOD, and what is the Eastern meaning of the word. It is clear that if the meaning of GOD is the creator, then obviously Selassie I is not the creator in the creator's fullness. It is your duty to define Selassie I within the context of your own self and african tadition. The word Haile selassie I means the power of the trinity. Irrespective of the deep indulgences in the western religeon's view of the trinity, that might seep through inferentially within the reasoning, the trinity can only be defined in a purely abstract factoid manner. There are only three things in existence. 1. The creator, 2, The creation [ process of creation, which is continuous and ever happenning, disregard the genesis 7 days ] and 3, the created, the product of the creator utilizing the creative process. The power of the three is life. That is the power of the trinity. His majesty is God in that he has lived to the utmost, to the fullest extent that the spirit of the creator can exist in the flesh created, the Alpha Male of this millinium.That is why many werterners  calls him the perfect man god].
You can examin the life of his majesty and he will  far exceed , in virtue, truth and rights and the love of life , all the others, saints and messiah alike.
This rerasoning is ongoing.
peace and love
Rastanow
SIXTHBORN

Roots

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2004, 04:31:15 PM »

Oh what a fellin I get when I get opportunities like this – to s.h.a.r.e with mai bread-dreads an sis-dreads.  I truly appreciate this opportunity even though I have no real authority and to some extent credibility in this livity, JAH bless the initiator and to HIM for the inspiration.
This is one of the oldest and most under-rated q’s in and of all time: many take it for granted and some think have the answer but cant provide straight proof to this q’n.  it is the most asked coz jesus, whose real and actual name is EMMANUEL, was asked this q’n even by His disciples, those who said and supposed to have better knowledge of HIM truly; what is happening even in this time and age amongst and within ini.
There is a new topic I started called – “lost in translation” – which part of I reveal in this sharing session on wherethere SELASSIE I is GOD OR NOT?
Well, as u can recall the decsiples asking HIM to explain who he realy was and who he actually was and he said: “I AM WHO I AM!”  now we know that was a coded name of his; a name when translated into numerics, the old way writing, we find his name, what it means in the script’s original language.  But what is really is interesting and stands as testimony to his prophecy that the truth or the word will be “hidden” in the scripture as many though have eyes will not see and as though have eyes they will not hear, is his real name, EMMANUEL, coz this is very important in finding who he is in truth, in fact, in essence and in real life, that is human form co the name means “GOD WITH US!”.  This one of the most biggest revelations humanity has ever received but ignored to us fulfilling a prophecy coz as the proverbs teach: “prophecy is for the faithful; those who have the faith” coz even when He was revealing this to his instrument issaih he clearly explained why he was doing this as he said: “there will nolonger be a mediator, a middleman between us, man and JAH”  that should have been enough for us to have faith in him and follow him but we still needed more proof as so he provided through out the jurney to his crucificition: * recall when he was asked by his servents where he was going where they could not go until the time arrives he said – “I am going to MY-SELF… to prepare a place for you”, that is a hudge revelation that we missed again but predictably too.  
·      recall again the encounter with the 7-demon possessed man? What those demons said to him when they saw him but what was even revealing was his reply as he said in a very strong and warning voice and tone: “don’t u reveal me or my name to these people”, that was very powerful too, telling and clearly revealing who he was even in that lowered human form;
·      and again the word states that “there was first the WORD and the word was with god and the word was GOD, spoken of among the nations, qualified in the spirit revealed to all and saw reseracting to the heavens” maybe in not so many words, and so later when he came to reveal he clearly admits that he is the “WORD”, “THE TRUTH” AND “THE LIGHT”, CLEALR revealing HIM-self to all.

Now some might asking what does this have to do with SELASSIE I coz “rasta no believe much less talk about no jesus” naff said coz that is not what they are actually saying coz we now know how crucial a name is to a person’s identy or his-story: it reveals all, from who he is to where he’s from down to his physical features and appearance as prophet jewel warned of the “locust’s” intention to the “stalk”, what the missionaries did to the real identity of christainity.
Now we know that jesus or Emmanuel was never crowned “king of kings, lord of lords the conqouring lion of the tribe of juda” coz as he said he was only coming to “fulfil the law” of moses as he later clearifies by saying he is the “fulfillment of the law” meaning he was GOD coz we know that “through the law u are made free of the law of man” coz through “his light we see the light” as he is the light. Only the one “worthy” to open the 7th seal will be crowned as such and that will be the revelation of GOM HIM-SELF, a “perfect manifestation of god” as some refer to him meaning and indirectly confesing that he is GOD and not a god or prophet but a MESSIAH as john revealed of the one “whose shoe laces he cant even tie up”.  Only HELESSIE THE FIRST was crowned that by all the nations on earth when the 72 representatives gathered in his coronation in 1963, including the he-she devil pope and elizard-bitch.  They went crowning him as emperor or king or ruler or president but giving him the third and final crown to seal the prophecy – the “POWER OF THE TRINITY” ONLY GOD CAN BE CALLED THAT as the scripture clearly states and HAILE SELASSIE means just that, THE POWER OF THE TRINITY, revealing that he is GOD in human form coz the lamb is among us and not in heaven only his “power” lies in the heavens; and even he was asked in a radio interview of his visit to JAH-MAKER, get it?, of what he had to say when “some people” believed him to be GOD, and not a god, he said something like: “if that is what they believe me to be let them” neither denying the title or discouraging it.  And by the way, the visit was on the 23rd of April, remember Egypt, pharoh and moses, now recall his reasons for going to JAH-MAKER as he listed them – “to stop the blood ….” That is no coincidence.  He then reveals that in Ethiopia now called, they have the “oldest bible” in the world, what does that mean?  That it was first written there as paul reveals in his acts b4 he crucified himself in the boat that he was sent to “teach the about the good word to the isrealites scattered umongst the gentiles, the gentlemen of this age, we now know that pope credeibility as the receiver of the right or authority to call himself “the vicor of Christ”, to form a church in italy was all thanks to this foundation john left when he went there;
And recall the story, to some fiction, of rita Marley’s final seal into the movement?  When he showed her and prophet BOB joseph his wholes proving that he was one and the same man as jesus, infact emmanuel, as he was Jacob, melchezidech, proving that yes whe he prayed he prayed to himself as he did in the mount when his disciples saw three figure, Elijah was one of them; now we know that the name HAILE SELASSIE is three names combined and when dissembled ELIAH, AND ELIJAH are found and remember when emmanuel cried out in the cross?  And to sum it all up he said way back in the beginning of it all – “I need not sacrifiesed but for u to acknowledge me as God, your God!” – that is the biggest revelation of it all, one that completes his motives and reveals him totally – from the way he looked to the way he lived, that was big.  Ask yo-SELF why it is so hard to just acknowledge HIM as GOD, we haven’t talked about ganja, tribes, and all the rest yet, for the same reason we are all in this mess – that “we saw HIM and where terrified”; the same reason our forefathers didn’t’ want to climb the mount; the very reason there was a war in heaven that later created the monster Lucifer and humans – that we wanted to GOD as many still bolbly admit and testify.  The bible and all of creation prove that “only that ONE WORTHY enough to open the 7th, and not the 7 seals coz we can all open the 6 seals, activate the 6 senses we already have though what we eat, but wisdom, the 7th seal, some bibles call it “intelligence” and some add “insight”, come from JAH as a proverb states and as nature testifies.  And also he sais in psalm 82 that as though he “called” us “GODS” WE will die as all creatures do and as ordinary man, as princes of this world.  Proving that “only” he can be GOD and not gods. So see, yes SELASSIE IS GOD as the name clearly reveals – H.I.M HAILE SELASSIE THE FIRST,       COZ HE IS THE FIRST AND THE LAST, THE WORD THAT WAS SPOLEN THEN SEEN RISING TO AND INTO THE SKIES THAT WAS PREPARING A PLACE FOR US ALL, THAT IS AMONG US.  ONLY HE CAN REACH PERFECTION AS WE CAN ONLY STRIVE FOR IT!  YOU CAN NEVER BURRY ONE MAN THREE TIMES, THAT IS WHY COULD NEVER FIND HIS BONES, NOMATTER WHAT THEY SAY!  COZ THOSE THEY CLAIMED WAS OF HIM WE NOW KNOW THAT THEY COULD HAVE NEVER BEEN OF HIM COZ THEY WERE TOO LONG AS HE WAS A VERY SHORT MAN AMONGST MANY! SO JAH BLESS – AND DON’T BE LIKE PETER DENYING HIM 3 TIMES EVEN WHEN HE SAW AND LIVED WITH HIM!  AS THIS WORLD REVEALS – “WE DON’T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH RASTAFIANISM IT’S THE CLAIM THAT SELASSIE IS GOD THAT BOTHER US AND THE USE OF GANJA THAT’S ALL” ASK YO-SELF WHY?
SIXTHBORN

Roots

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2004, 01:23:54 PM »

TO ADD ON - THE SCRIPTURE SAID IN HEBREW THAT "THE ONE TO COME LATER WILL HAVE CHILDREN (SEEDS)" AND IT ALSO SAID "HE" WILL KNOWN OR ALSO CALLED OR NICKNAMED "MR SMITH" AND "MR STRONG" AND WE KNOW THAT ONLY HIM HAILE SELASSIE I WAS THE ONLY RULER TO BE CALLED THAT - WHEN HE WAS INVITED BY THE ITALIANS FOR DISCUSSIONS HE WENT BUT THEN REALISED IT WAS A TRAP, A PLOY TO CAPTURE HIM SO TO INVADE AND PLUNDER ITHOPIA BUT AS THEY LOCKED HIM IN THEIR PRISON AND BEGAN INVADING ITHIOPIA HE WAS THEN SEEN IN THE BATTLE FIELD WITH AN "OCEAN" OF AN ARMY RIDDING ON A WHITE HORSE WITH THE PRISON GATES WIDE OPEN IN ITALY WITH NO ONE BEING ABLE TO EXPLAIN HOW AND WHEN, AND AS MUSSILINI SAW THIS HE FIRED A CANNON BALL AT HIM BUT SELASSIE I STEPPED ON IT WITH HIS FOOT AND STOOD OVER IT WITHOUT IT EXPLODING SO FULFILLING THE PROPHECY "MR STRONG" AND THAT NONE OF THEIR WEAR-PONS WILL WORK AGAINST HIM AND THE LETTER FULFILING THE "MR SMITH" PART OF THE PROPHECY.  REVELATION REVEALS HIM TOO, NOT EMMANUEL OR JESUS BUT HAILE SELASSIE.  ISSIAH SPEAKS OF HIS REVELATION OF THE SON TO COME TWICE, 1ST AS A MAN IN A HUDGE CLOUD COVERRING A THRONE CARYING CHERUBIM AND 2ND AS EMMANUEL AND THEN AS THE SON, THE COMFORTOR, DEFENDER AND THE WAY.  THERE ARE SO MANY, CAN FIND THEM?  IF U CAN PLZ SHARE WITH INI.  PLZ LET US SHARE BREAD-DREADS. PEEEEEACE!!!
Micah-EL-Layl

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2004, 06:16:52 PM »

peace
In my humble opinion the non-physical world is neither living or dead......its beyond life or death...
Yes King Selassie is the true and living God.......
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2004, 10:23:41 PM »

I don't believe that Selassie is God for the mere fact that he said he wasn't and he worshipped God himself.

I do however believe that like Moses, Samuel, David & Jesus Christ...King Selassie was a chosen servant of Jah and should be exalted and held in high esteem here on earth. He is worthy of hail and praise but I don't believe he is God and should be prayed to.

I don't worship Haile Selassie nor do I worship Jesus Christ, but I admire their lives and study and follow their teachings. I worship the one and only Jah Almighty, Creator of all things. Whenever I say "Jah Rastafari" I really mean Jah/God of Rastafari.

Blessings

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: