Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:50:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 64 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  AFRICA AND THE DIASPORA
| |-+  Our Beautiful People (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  AFRICANS LET'S GET CONSCIOUS!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AFRICANS LET'S GET CONSCIOUS!  (Read 18317 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: July 15, 2003, 11:05:20 PM »

I seriously consider many countries in Afrika nicer to live in than in the U.S. There is better people, better food, better weather and better standard of living if you know what you are doing there.  In the west the Eurocentric education and religions obscure Black people the truth and teach us inferiority. The system is aimed at brainwashing us, degradation of our origin and glorifies what is European. As a result, Blacks here (alas few in Africa too) destroy their Afrikan identity by bleaching their skin, thinking only blonde/red/auburn chewy hair can be worn to be beautiful and look attractive. This is a mess! Afrikan men and women can and DO LOOK AS BEAUTIFUL AS THEY COME! I know, some brothers and sisters may not concur, but they are ASLEEP, IN DEEP SLUMBER! The whole thing boils down that we have dealt with the WILLIE LYNCH mind control thing, to view ourselves through others eyes of others. We have been bamboozled, hoodwinked and put into a big trick bag to hate ourselves. For some of us who are awakening and rubbing the mask away from our faces this mental oppression is intolerable!

What Afrikan in the Diaspora, especially Afrikan Amerikkkans, need to realize is that the Motherland in spite of its downs is not all a disaster zone. There are good things going on in there, which the Western world doesn't publicize. It has always been their interest to paint Afrika as the "Dark" continent hence the information created blocks all the good things of AfriKa to the western public. Since the fall of the iron curtain in the early 1990s a lot of African nations (70%) are transformed into democratic governance and are making a meaningful impact on the socio-economic and political front. As Rome wasn't built in a day these developments will take a while to reflect in the lives of the people. When Afrikans are given a fair share on the global market, without being bullying and heckling by the western multinational powers all of our debt could be paid if not in full so as to enable investors to be attracted to our continent. For Brothers and Sisters in Diaspora to know more of the good things going on there visit place like Botswana, Namibia, South-Africa, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Benin and Kenya. These are all political and economic engines of the continent with excessive manpower. We should ALL pray that the trade protectionisms of the developed countries are lifted and the market forces will speak volumes for themselves as far as competition in prices and quality products are concerned. To learn more go online and read local Afrikan news from Afrikans own perspectives. Marcus Garvey, MalcolmX, Kwame Ture (Stokley Carmichael), Elijah Muhammed, Leopold Senghor, Aime Cesaire, Toussaint L'Ouverture etc.. did defend their Afrikan Heritage!
Afrikans let's get conscious!

Kelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 10:23:45 AM »

YES SISTAH!!!!!

TRUTH SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASHE! ASHE! ASHE!

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
ngonyo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 09:32:48 AM »

Greetings idren .
The ancestral spirit is rising in this land called Africa .. just walk around Nairobi and see how many dreadlocks and Rastas there are , and this knowing that they may be subject to harrassment and arbitrary arrest and torture . Police brutality not stop just because  a peaceful election and handover from one capitalist to another last December!So much for democracy.
Yes Africa has beautiful people and places but what you call democratic governance aka representative democracy is a dismal failure .... marking a peice of paper every 5 years does not feed us clothe us or educate us !Elections ...divide us from one another  and waste the talents of the opposition and build resentment because somebody loses ...you hear me people
Democracy does not enfrachise us here any more than it does the African the Native American or any aboriginal people or  the indigent in Europe or the US or South America or the Pacific ... democracy is a lie ...FYA on that
The continents false colonial borders must be disestablished by the concerted efforts of conscious idren Diaspora and motherland .One united Africa .I&I invite idren to reason how... surely we can come close to action .
Africa the richest continent , blessed with all riches and strong and beautiful people ... now the pitied or despised continent ,,, falling behind , a continent of AIDS war and famine ..there is some truth in that but it is not the whole truth . Can we reason HOW would a united Africa be governed ....I & I know we MUST leave the wto the imf and the un if they no longer serve us , I& i say let us shut the doors on downpressors ....
Let us say to Babylon you need US WE DONT NEED YOU WE AFRICANS rewrite unilaterally how WE will trade and what WE will trade in and with whom ... that is freedom
Jah Guidance
Ngonyo
Africanprince

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 12:07:40 AM »

Bantu do you live in an African country? If so which one?

I don't live in an African country as of yet but in the future I plan on living in Ghana or atleast having a house there. I'm actually Ghanaian however I was born in Germany but grew up in the U.S....I figure my services are much more needed in Ghana then in the U.S.

I thought it was interesting to hear that Rita Marley moved her and her family to Ghana.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 03:20:58 AM »

Welcome to AfricaSpeaks!!  Afro Grin I'm sincerely glad to have you here!  

I am a young woman from the Bandundu region in the DRC Congo. I moved to the US a few years ago. In Congo ethnic conflicts and criminal acts possession both by the government and society are imposing strong constraints on the majority of the Congolese population, which is abjectly poor in a land where valuable minerals are in abundance.  Like hundreds of thousands of Congolese people, my family and I have fled abroad not for reasons of personal convenience but out of absolute necessity.  Nonetheless I am very proud being Congolese. I love my country's rich history, its vibrant culture, its landscape, and its cuisine regardless its current state of affairs...I was very fortunate to grow up in Congo and have participated in all the wonders it offered me. I am the woman I am today because of such heritage. Thus, I couldn't be more committed to bring more knowledge and pride in my culture!

I am glad that you have come up with such an idea of giving to the Motherland spiritually and physically. We all see the mission of helping Africa move forward instead of backwards (which is the direction it seems to be heading right now) is not easy. I understand that some people may fear the environment in Africa but the insecurity situation in Congo is not inclusive in the Motherland. Generally speaking, our people faces many problems both in Africa or abroad as well but, how can we make a difference is the ultimate question? What can we achieve as a person? We know that the westernized Africans are like prodigal sons and daughters that have to come back home to the land of our traditions. Charity begins at home! What we write here we shall put into reality. We should be guided by the Great Spirit of our ancestors which the Christians stole from us and have made it the Holy Spirit, a spook in the air. When we speak of the Great Spirit we mean the spirit of our ancestors in us impelling us to go forward and renew our kind. That spirit is in us and it is the ones that propel us to change those who have refused themselves and believe that the image they see on the mirror is the true self. We are the real ones, stay true to yourself.

Peace to you Africanprince. I also applaud Rita Marley spirit of initiative!

Bantu-Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Africanprince

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 03:54:08 PM »

With all the ethnic clashing going on in Congo, is it hard to keep in contact with your friends? I can imagine that, because I met this woman who lived in Congo for many years and when the ethnic wars began she lost all contact with all the friends she made there. I'm glad your family fled out of Congo safely.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 05:16:54 AM »

During my youthful days in Congo I had many friends of course. There was contentment back then. Most of them are missing now. I've been trying for months to locate some of them. So far, I located just a few. How do they survive, feed and clothe themselves given the difficulties? I do not know. They are the most resilient and optimist people I ever known.

B.K

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: