Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  WORLD HOT SPOTS
| |-+  Media Watch (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Elite power brokers' secret talks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Elite power brokers' secret talks  (Read 12254 times)
Oshun_Auset

« on: July 30, 2004, 04:52:03 PM »

It may be old news to some, but I figured it was worth posting...

Elite power brokers' secret talks
http://www.prisonplanet.com/elite_power_brokers_secret_talks.html

By Emma Jane Kirby
BBC correspondent in Paris  

The world's financial and political elite are to hold a closed meeting in France on Thursday where delegates are expected to be focusing their attention on post war Iraq.

The Bilderberg meeting will be held in Versailles just before the start of the Group of Seven meeting of finance ministers in nearby Paris.

Henry Kissinger is believed to be attending this year
Bilderberg, which was founded in the 1950s by Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, is said to steer international policy from behind closed doors.

Its critics say that it is a capitalist organisation which operates entirely through self interest.

By anyone's standards, it is a bit of a mystery.

There are no members as such - instead, an invitation list is comprised each year by an unknown steering committee, but participants are mainly leading and powerful figures in the fields of business and politics.

Political clout

The meetings are cloaked in secrecy and participants rarely reveal their attendance, although this year's list is rumoured to include the American banker David Rockefeller and Henry Kissinger.

What the group actually does is no clearer either, although it's known to be an extremely influential lobbying group with a good deal of political clout on both sides of the Atlantic.

Key members of both the British and the US governments are said to have attended gatherings.

But critics accuse Bilderberg of being sinister and conspiratorial - if what the delegates are discussing is really for the good of ordinary people they ask, then why can't they publicise it?

Forward to a united Africa!
ptaured7

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 01:31:06 PM »

perhaps the importance of this is to remind us that things have nø? changed that much in terms of how the western world is "run" in the last 200 years.  These organizations (not just Bilderberger) morph in name but nøt in substance over time.    I find it usefull for the sake ø? reasøning to think of  the USA as merely an outpost of European expansion.  The same site you got this from hints at this but others are far more bold.  Sherman Skolnick is worth a shot on this.  One of his latest essays details a common theme in US and European history that is a minority viewpoint, but respected non the less.  

These various "conspiracy" sites, what might also be called solid journalism and historical review sites, are extremely lacking in cultural views different frøm European and particularly not at all savvy on AFrican history and culture.  I don't think they are submissive, but the influence of contributors to this site mite find interesting if not at times difficult allies in struggle for social justice .   They are alot more interesting than these tweedledee bland ass (as opposed to bad ass) official left liberals, as I think Ms.  Rootsie pointed out awhile ago.  Still you have to slog through some stuff that could make you angry.

The africa speaks , et al, site is sø much more interesting because it is positively charged in the face øf all this røt.  There's alot of artistic and cutlural discovery going on, probably at least as important as all this chicken little diatribe ("the sky is falling!") one sees on certain conspiracy web pages.   Just keep moving it along with your neighbor I suppose.  
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 10:52:11 AM »

I'm a conspiracy "buff" and it actually developed out of my study of Ancient African spiritual systems. I saw the borrowed images in Masonic organizations ect, and thought something strange was going on at a young age(The dollar bill for example). You are right though...many of these sights have a "sky is falling" diatribe, as well as culturally insensitive/offensive materlial to African(and other) people.(They don't see, or at least refuse to acknowledge the link between secret societies' symbolism and African Nile Valley/Great lakes "mystery schools" and are usually dogmatic Christians)  I try to pick out the good info and disreguard the rest.

Forward to a united Africa!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: