Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 65 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Which would you rather?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Which would you rather?  (Read 11752 times)
irielife

Roots

« on: March 02, 2005, 03:20:06 PM »

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and am trying to learn as much as possible about the people and religon of rastafari, and I have a question for everyone, but specifically the black rastas who believe that whites cannot or should not be a part of rastafari. Like I said, im new to this forum thing, this is a question which should be taken with the intent of understanding, not anger. my question is simply this: Would you rather a white "Rasta" who is trying to find themselves in rastafari, wether they fully understand it or participate or a white person who is acting in the arrogant superpower mindset?      
       The reason i ask is bc alot of the race topics ive read, it seems that black rastas want the white man to stay out and act in a way that gives them something to fight against, and white rastas dont help them in that way. It seems like it scares them to have a race that theyve been fighting against for so many horrible years, trying to help, in a genuine manner, like trying to understand and be a part of an awesome power like Rastafarianism, and until they get past that, we will be at a stand still.
       Once again, this is not the only thing wrong with either side, but this is the first thing that came to my mind while reading, and i have to start somewhere. pls help me out and give your thoughts.

live like you want it, and want it like you dont have it
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 07:25:14 AM »

Rasta isn't a religion...it's a way of life. It's a pan-african way of life with spirituality centered around Haile Selassie. That's why (I think) so many black rastas are unwilling to accept white rastas because it's hard to believe that a person who has no connection with Africa (or so they believe...because Africa is the birthplace of LIFE) is true to the cause. They maybe feel they just want to smoke weed.

And rasta fights against all downpressors, black or white. So it has nothing to do with having white power to fight against.

Blessed Love

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
Erastas

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 03:48:19 AM »

Greetings to the Most High Jah Ras Tafari

Blessings to all -- Wrestling and reasoning with this topic brings growth to the people of the world, it makes the people of all hues, nationality, races and other groups (what people may want to call themselves) reason.

We must tackle this question of race within the context of RasTafari-- The movement was manifest to combat oppression, poverty,colonialism, racism and any other isms that divide the house.... RasTafari is a ressurection of the African principle past down from generation to generation..... Because I say African principles doesnt mean anti-race or anti-all other hues.... This is where civilization started.. It is the bread basket of the world... This part of the world shared with others the Right way of living...  All nations should be able to sit at the Table and respect each other....  From a sociological perspective.... Race is non-existent.....We have more in common that we actually give credit too..  Racism was one of those systematic, institutionalized creations that separated the house based of hue and gave them value.. Society is the framework in which the value plays itself out....  People suffer because of racism....  Is this goldly and Peacful....  people die because of racism , people dont eat because of racism...... And let's make this clear... Racism is about power and acess or limited acess to resources globally.....  It is a power play to tell others that this is what you are worth... Racism gives you a profile to fit into society and be "acceptable" regardless of if the profile kills your spirit....  Racism also allows for history to be rewritten and facts misinterpreted.... No understand between cultures... No overstanding between people.....  With these things in mind....."fight against all downpressors"(Afrikan)......Blessings....   
For instance, many do not overstand the Panther history.... Were other nation down for the cause...  Watch a movie called The Weather Underground....  look at some of the footage and you will see all nations....Can we say that John Brown was wrong for fight for the abolishment of slavery, because of his hue... I dont think so....RasTafari reaches to the four corner of the earth and reaches those who will listen....A live and well are all hues converging unto RasTafari..... We are to be the light unto nations and bring the message......Fight the cause of Racism,  Fight the cause of poverty, Fight the cause of the ghetto youth suffering....Fight for the cause of proper education Fight for the right to travel back home to his "vine and fig tree"
When Malcolm X came back from Mecca, he discovered that there were Muslims of all different hues eating and praying together..... We need to read the signs of humanity.....

Blessing to the Peacemakers...
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:04:28 PM »

greetings of peace and serenity!
erastas

one thing you have to remember is that,we are the original people and whites came from us,we are the hue manis,i agree with you about john brown,he was an exeception,although,when i lived in the western part of kanada, the bible belt,from montana to western british columbia,white people do express their ways,either overtly and covertly,their dislikes for black people,we have the oldest dna on the planet,remember that,why do you think amerikkkan scientists are always try to tamper with black people,ask yourself that question,
it is nota hard one hehe Beam
white rastas still can use their white skin privellege to gain acess to schooling,housing,services,we have to survive genetic anihilation,europeans are europeans every where in the globe and they inter act with each other,because of WILLY LINCH, we are the ones,that suffer,we oppress each other,remember white people are from an allien race.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: