Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 64 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  can african americans be considered Rasta
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: can african americans be considered Rasta  (Read 10372 times)
SIS.

« on: August 22, 2005, 09:13:02 PM »

I've came across some people who literally have called me a jafakan, just because of my spirituality decisions. I was also told of many differences between black americans and rastas. I'm sure of this but can I not be a rasta, or is that left to ONLY jamaicans?
Ras Adisa Kwabena

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 10:10:09 AM »

No, you don't have to be Jamaican to be Rasta.

A lot of Jamaican popular culture has been created  by Rasta, so the two have become quite intertwined. But just ask the Grenadian, Guyanese, Trini and other non-Jamaicans, they love their countries and always chant Ras Tafari!
Erastas

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 03:50:35 AM »

Greetings to the Most High Jah- Ras Tafari
The livity of Rasta stretches beyond the limits of labels and geographic locations.  The term Ethiopian which was given by the Greeks which mean Burnt or dark skinned people.  This description expands across whatever categories the world have set up.... At one point the known world was known as Ethiopia which means that the world was populated with "The Ethos of the World"
Careful reading of the scrolls in Duet 28 will reveal the Curses and the Blessings.. Africans in America definitely fit the description..... African from the four corners of the Earth are included in the
Rasta experience... And anyone for that matter.... if you are looking at history in its true sense meaning that Africa is the birth of civilization and not Mesopotamia  which is mythology of the European experience.....  The are numerous archeological and anthropological evidence to support Africa as the birth place....  None to support the Mesopotamia story....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: