Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 92 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Mainstream Religion (Moderator: Tyehimba)
| | |-+  Christianity or Europeanism?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Christianity or Europeanism?  (Read 23124 times)
MuddyRivers

« on: September 24, 2005, 03:11:29 PM »

If you are an Christian, I want to ask you an question.

Where the bible says: Do not oppress people. Why did some whites who called themselves Christians, oppress people, even as they claimed to be bringing them Christianity?

This question is important, it was brought to my attention in an book called: "Why Lord?" which was written by an African Christian who was presently in exile from South Africa.

It talked about how Christian African students being trained to be janitors, nursers and teachers assistants, whathaveyou, began to ask their Christian white teachers: Why do you oppress us, when the book of Amos is so clearly against oppression?

The author says that the white christian teachers wanted to rip the book of Amos out of the bible. And when they could not answer their African students questions.

This began the anti-apartied movement that eventually led to the imprisonment of Nelson Mandela and the Soweto uprising.

Many Black Christians inadvertently are absorbing Europeanism rather than Christianity.

We must get rid of the poison of Europeanism, while still being able to enjoy full communion with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 03:56:55 PM »

Peace Muntu

can I ask you a question

Did africans need saving at the time jesus christ was alive?

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 03:58:07 PM »

Peace Muntu

can I ask you a question

Did africans need saving at the time jesus christ was alive?

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
MuddyRivers

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 05:41:57 PM »

Muntu,

Of course.
MuddyRivers

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 05:54:48 PM »

Jemba, if I may,

You think about what the bible shows us.

African Hebrews in Egypt, in the wilderness and finally in Israel, walked with God.

Yet they were led easily away into all kinds of sin.

The purpose of God in showing us Hebrew misbehavior, is, I believe, is to highlight the fact that if those who walk with God closely, need an savior then surely we all do.

Africans surely need an savior and the bible brings this out begining with the African Hebrews under Moses.

And remember those were not Israelie's or Jews. Because the state of Israel was not and never had been in existence at that time. This is important to remember, because some try to pretend that those were Israelites visiting Egypt, when in fact Israel was not nor ever had been in existence.
balion

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 09:56:15 PM »

It's obvious that Christianity, as practiced today, was created as a tool to control Jah's children.  Most religions are based off the King James Version of biblical history, however, many people aren't aware that King James was a strong believer in witchcraft.  In 1597, just 6 years before King James ascended the throne of England, he wrote a book called Demonology which clearly shows his belief in witchcraft.  King James was also from a dysfunctional family whose mother, Mary Stuart, was known as "Bloody Mary" because she had a history of killing people.  She was eventually beheaded under orders from Elizabeth I of England.  Many people aren't aware that a lot of King James' beliefs were incorporated into his rewriting of the bible.  During this same period, his wife, Queen Ann, performed in "black-face" in a play entitled "The Mask of Blackness" which had to do with black women wanting to become white.  It was followed up shortly by another play called "The Mask of Beauty" which focused on the black women becoming white in doing so, was considered beautiful!! It's no wonder that idea still carries on today where we see a lot of our black women taking on a European look.  Most often, the only thing "black" about our sisters is their skin.  Instead of being proud of the uniqueness of our hair and showing proudness of having same, they choose to straighten their hair or change it to colors that's not natural to the black race.  That's the one thing we have to unique to us that no other race has and we should treasure it!  The only reason other races and, in particular, the Europeans criticize our hair is because they cannot achieve that texture.  Many years ago during my "afro days", I once had a young white girl of about 7 years old say to me that while she was glad she was white she wished she could get her hair in an afro!  I've never forgotten that statement, as she was innocent and spoke freely what she felt.  The difference between her and her adult counterparts is that, in her innocence, she admitted what undoubtedly a lot of them are thinking!

In summary, we have to keep standing firm and be proud of who we are.  We cannot feel pressured into belonging to any particular religious group because the worship of JAH has been here from the beginning...way before religion (division).  All we have to do LIVE UP and LOVE JAH and everything else will fall into place.

ONE LOVE

preach

Roots

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 11:54:39 PM »

" It is difficult to see all the religions in the world and then come back to christianity thinking it has all the answers."

Arthur Ashe, in Usa Today, 24 November 1985

love
ehotep

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 04:03:55 PM »

If you are an Christian, I want to ask you an question.

Where the bible says: Do not oppress people. Why did some whites who called themselves Christians, oppress people, even as they claimed to be bringing them Christianity?

This question is important, it was brought to my attention in an book called: "Why Lord?" which was written by an African Christian who was presently in exile from South Africa.

It talked about how Christian African students being trained to be janitors, nursers and teachers assistants, whathaveyou, began to ask their Christian white teachers: Why do you oppress us, when the book of Amos is so clearly against oppression?

The author says that the white christian teachers wanted to rip the book of Amos out of the bible. And when they could not answer their African students questions.

This began the anti-apartied movement that eventually led to the imprisonment of Nelson Mandela and the Soweto uprising.

Many Black Christians inadvertently are absorbing Europeanism rather than Christianity.

We must get rid of the poison of Europeanism, while still being able to enjoy full communion with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

You have to understand that Christianity in it's early stages and even today was not really a religion, it was more of a political instrument and it's purpose was to oppress people.  Many of the scriptures added to what you consider 'god's word' were placed their to justify their actions.  This included slavery, trades, colonialism, etc.  Their was no way any of the early christian nations could behave in a 'christian like manner' if they did they would not be where they are today.
melaninmagic

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 08:40:11 PM »

MuddyRivers,

Please explain to me in your own words, how a brand new baby, fresh out of his/her mother's womb becomes a 'sinner' under Christianity without having to do anything at all.

Just to show you where I am coming from, 'sinning' is by Christian definition an act committed, whether it be in thought or deed, that causes the perpetrator to (as Christians like to put it) "fall short of the glory of god"

Is it logical to say that a new born child has commited such an act? If so, could you please elaborate on what this act might be?

Your response would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
ehotep

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 09:59:44 AM »

MuddyRivers,

Please explain to me in your own words, how a brand new baby, fresh out of his/her mother's womb becomes a 'sinner' under Christianity without having to do anything at all.

Just to show you where I am coming from, 'sinning' is by Christian definition an act committed, whether it be in thought or deed, that causes the perpetrator to (as Christians like to put it) "fall short of the glory of god"

Is it logical to say that a new born child has commited such an act? If so, could you please elaborate on what this act might be?

Your response would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

I completely agree with your point, but you know as well as I do the response will have nothing to do with logic and everything to do with the way this person has been taught to believe without question.  The blinders that christians wear create comfort in having faith that their rewards will be given to them in the afterlife.  It's kind of the best lie ever told because once you find out what you've believed in is not true, it's too late.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: