Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:55:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 64 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  sellassie is a human being
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: sellassie is a human being  (Read 54003 times)
jlmiv

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 01:36:03 AM »

how can you believe he is God when he himself said he was not? and on top of that he was an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian, which means he accepted and believed that Jesus Christ was his Lord and Savior, and that Jesus Christ was born, died, and rose from the dead all for the redemption of our sins.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 07:53:28 PM »

The truth is that knowledge of Sellassie's divinity comes from the instinct. What Sellassie about himself has no consequence. Given his business at hand there's no way he would acknowledge who he was. It would interfere. Most people would get a huge head if people started a religion after them. The way he denied it was perfect. And besides, the Lord works in mysterious ways. Whether you know Selassie is the conquering lion or not comes back to instinct.

African justice - white redemption
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 02:00:23 PM »

how can you believe he is God when he himself said he was not? and on top of that he was an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian, which means he accepted and believed that Jesus Christ was his Lord and Savior, and that Jesus Christ was born, died, and rose from the dead all for the redemption of our sins.

hey king james slave,stop spreading lies,because the lies you will be spreading will catch up with you some day,
and take the kinks of ur brain,christianized,evangelized slave,who is controlling your brain,the preacher,the pastor,
the vatican huh... Grin
RASCHUCKY

if u dont stand 4 somthing u will fall 4 anything

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 03:31:47 PM »

Greetings In the Name of Emperor Selassie I

It is very important for I & I to be aware of evil influences amongst us. I & I Rastafari are who we R because of more than the Name of HIS Majesty. It was the Emperor who revealed 2 Us what we know, and we trod in HIS name. There is power in it...RASTAFARI.

I & I do not live according 2 western statutes or ideology which perceive JAH as separate from humans. We know JAH is a living force from creation winding through the blood of I&I.

His Majesty is Earth's rightful ruler, and through I&I will RULE with peace & love. The heathen & resistors will burn in their mental fire. I&I come 2 rule with light and wisdom, knowledge and ovestanding.

Ethiopia/Africa will be free when the sons and daughers return, replacing the Babylonian order in Africa, and will SHINE like a bright star for all of the world.

My last message 2 all BELOVED is, beware of evil agents who try 2 cause confusion amongst the children of JAH. Their foolishness should not be tolerated. The humble we may instruct, but a fool seeks only to frustrate.

1ness, Issachar

Greetings

Nothing more needed to be said...Well put....

HAILE SELASIE I THE FIRST IS EARTH RIGHTFUL RULER KING OF KINGS LORD OF LORDS CONQUERING OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH ELECT OF GOD DEFENDER OF THE FAITH LIGHT OF THE WORLD KING ALPHA WITH QUEEN OMEAG BY HIS SIDE THE FIRST AND THE LAST ROOT OF DAVID ABABA JAHNOY JAHRASTAFARI!!!!!!!!!

We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules,regulations and rituals created by humans,which were supposed to help
people grow spiritualy.Due to human imperfection religion has become currupt,political,divisive and a tool for power struggle
RASCHUCKY

if u dont stand 4 somthing u will fall 4 anything

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »

As it is said "The comforter shall talk about me and not of himself but know the he is I"

We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules,regulations and rituals created by humans,which were supposed to help
people grow spiritualy.Due to human imperfection religion has become currupt,political,divisive and a tool for power struggle
Empress_Tracy

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 06:47:56 PM »

I was told that Selassie told the people, "Who am I to tell them what to believe" Referring to the question of him being god.

I wanted to share this.

St. John 14
1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
[4] And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
[5] Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me
[7] If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
[8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
[9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
[10] Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
[11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
[12] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
[13] And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
[14] If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
[15] If ye love me, keep my commandments.
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
[22] Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
[24] He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
[25] These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
[27] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
[28] Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
[29] And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
[30] Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
[31] But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.
blackwombman

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 10:25:55 PM »

GREETINS IN THE NAME OF THE MOST HIGH JAH RASTAFARI

This one i sen it to Empress ISSACHAR

-Blessed Queen i am overjoyed by the I 's commendable goals-I truly wish you well in your course of action-i am truly regretful that i am about to leave the mother land for some years .Trying to run a business in an economy dominated by white imperialists and indian capitalists has been futile-INI family has resorted to going abroad to earn the capital we so desperatley need to accomplish basic necessities like a home for our family.
I am a devout supporter of AFRIKA'S EMANCIPATION FROM IMPERIALISM AND COLONIALISM(NEO OR OTHER WISE).I too have a vision for an AETHIOPIAN ALLIANCE FOR THE EMANCIPATION OF AETHIOPIA .InI Lioness truly give thanks for the bravery displayed by The Hounarable President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe like he recetly said the struggle in Zimbabwe is Africas struggle -aslo here in Botswana where iNi live prime land is controlled by foriegners most notably white absentee landlords who own large tracts of fertile lands on river beds etc...while the landless masses sufocate in dry dusty patches of land where they can hardly hope for a crop to spring forth .While those who run to the shitty are cramped in the dusty ghettos while the white man and other non blacks sit in their well vegetated neighbourhoods alongside them is the black coconut elite bombo clat!!enjoying while the people suffer.
All this needs to be adressed. To your list of goals -Add the eradication of all NON AETHIOPIANS FROM THE MOTHER LAND .

I will be most willing to work with u in these endeavours -InI is a sociologist/research is my speciality-i intend to study futher abroad and become active in the Liberation Of Aethiopia when INI return

1perfect Luv MAMA

SELAH.

Horus

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 06:06:37 AM »

Haile Selassie was supposed to be “The Conquering Lion of Judah,” however he wasn’t much help when Ethiopia was invaded by Mussolini in 1935 A.D. and was occupied for five years during which the Italians killed, raped and beheaded thousands of Ethiopians. Mussolini was really an assistant to Adolph Hitler. It was during this time, that Haile Selassie went into exile in Bath, England.
He didn’t go to Isreal because of fear. He deserted his countrymen and even those Jamaicans who would have welcomed him, with open arms, not to mention the many other African nations.
He didn’t go to Jamaica where he was so loved,because he did not acknowledge them as his disciples, even though they saw him as a Christ with divine powers. Though he wasn’t and really had none.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 03:37:41 PM »

HIM advisors and his family had to wear out Haile Selassie to get him to go into exile - and it so happens that his country of exile was the force that ousted the Italians from Ethiopia - if you read his autobiophraphy you see that HIM worked tirelessly during his exile - his work ultimately paid off by restoring Ethiopia to an uncolonized sovereign state - which given that Ethiopia was an abandoned little African country attacked by a first world nation and army - is miraculous - and was due to the efforts of Haile Sellassie I. To say HIM didnt do much during the occupation is a falsehood.

African justice - white redemption
Ras Mikael

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 10:04:10 PM »

Haile in the name of HIM Haile Selassie I Jah Rastafari...

The fact that Mussolini's invasion of Ethiopia sent HIM into Exile doesnt disprove the Ivinity of HIM, rather it proves the wickedness of Babylon that they would fight against JAH himself!!!  Why do the nations rage...JAH will be vindicated on the Last Day!!!

Also, His Imperial Majesty is JAH Almighty...His name means Power of the Holy Trinity.  He is the Second Coming of Christ, The Father and Son in flesh, and giver of the Hola Spirit who lives in the hearts of the Righteous.  Just because HIM Haile Selassie I was Ethiopian Orthodox doesn't mean He wasn't JAH.  Yesos Kristos worshipped JAH and yet He was JAH.  When HIM worshipped Yesos Kristos, He was pointing to himself.  His Imperial Majesty, Yesos Kristos, The Father, and the Hola Spirit is One.

Let JAH be praised 4Iver...

Ras Mikael (Adrian).
mrthepen

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »

HAIL DI I : SELASSIE I !!!!!!!!!

LIVING GOD/LIVING MAN

HAIL HOLA MENEM !!!!

RASTAFARI LIVES ITINUALLY !!!!!!!
Iyah55555

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 10:09:45 PM »

i can not stand it when one speaks in the terms of what they believe the word god means to justify a disagreement with another's view to only feel that they are correct, that is the rooted mentality that has caused slavery and destrucition of people all around the world ever since intolerance of spirituality that has unforunately turned into european religious perspective with many that even denie it ,but still say....god is this and that nonsense,when you cannot justify the word for no one except yourself,you must see god if you believe in the word in your own way....like many stories in Africa while europeans were enslaving africans and colonizing africa, the englishman would see africans kneeling over and saying a prayer infront of carven statues resembling the god they were praying to...the englishman would say that isnt god...then the african would say will if that isn't god then show me what is?..then african would say i could show you my god,but can you show me yours and of course the englishman could not......simply saying arguing over the word god is nonsense
Iyah55555

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 01:23:51 AM »

His Majesty denied being the resurrection of christ (the book of revelations), to break the chains of the king james bible  to that he was not some superhuman and did not come out of the clouds which is how revelations states how it is suppose to happen,His Majesty was clearly aware of  Rasta and never once did Him Majesty condemn Rasta for their perspective which is something so ancient of africa. Now as for jesus,jesus christ does not exist in the Tawahedo church in Ethiopia which is the one His Majesty attended,the form of religion is the Coptic which of course is based around  a christ figure and has been untainted of foreign influence,rather the other Coptic churches are,but in the Tawahedo church Christ is an ethiopian that was born in a cave in the time of the Axum Dynasty and was a human without any fantasy story behind him like he pre-existed and was the son of the creator and so forth and so forth.The factor that europe has made it seem this jesus christ as a historical figure has made the function of the mind of people to limit itself,because jesus is just a principle not reality,thinking jesus did exist to me limits salvation in my opinion if any is obtainable. i do not judge people for what religion they follow or anything like that,but it is when certain people use their religion to justify situations that they disagree with or isnt in the context of their holy book,and try to sight people with this sort of defence, to be it's the effects of mental enslavement, european christianity is responsible for the destruction of  so much in the history of the world, and the creation of so many demeaning words like Pagan,when all it means is someone who doesn't follow judeo-christian.
mrthepen

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »

HAIL TO ALL THE RASTAFARI SELASSIE I PEOPLE !!

BURN FIRE ON PAGANS ITINUALLY !!!

THEY DO NOT KNOW SO FORGIVE THEM !

THEY WANT US TO USE OUR ENERGIES TO ARGUE WITH THEM: WHY SHOULD I N I ?

WHO ARE THEY BUT FOOLS WHO DO NOT KNOW ?

WE ARE INSTRUCTED TO LEAVE THE FOOLS TO THEIR OWN FOOLISHNESS. PAY THEM NO MIND !!!

HAIL DI I SELASSIE I !!!!!!!!!
Source

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 06:44:04 AM »

I would just like to say that I was indeed surprised that to find out that H.I.M. Selassie I  had a daughter to another before he had children with Empress Menem! How does that work!!

The issue about whether H.I.M. is god or not, is really a irrelevant one. Who is god? or  what is god? These questions continue to entrap us, because I think many have lost sight of the fact that it is Men have created God in his own image. Many people have their strongly held opinions regarding the origin, nature and purpose of god!! Indeed there are many who just tell it like how they feel it must go, not based upon any objective facts.

Then again many just try to bend the issue to fit their own points of view, in other words they will seek to attach their theories to the existing religious ideas and then claim that their view is the only view.

One thing for sure! The Creator and First Source has never talked to any of these so called prophets (I don't care who they are or how they style themselves) or instructed them to do anything in his/her name. It's just the systemic actions of the system that places so many into confusion.

RastafarI has manifested as a concept to show many that there is alternatives to the enslaving misconception that we are force fed!
However, the danger with Rastafari, is that many of those who claim that they are Rasta are guilty of seeking to rearrange misconceptions. Like it has been demonstrated; if one places a bad apple in a barrel full of rotten apples, the good apple doesn't cleanse the barrel, if left in there long enough it too becomes rotten.

So I would end by saying, of course Rastafari can awaken a persons consciousness (as can other conscious concepts) and it can also lead a one to the horizon, from where the true enlightenment begins.

Source
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: